Schematics Boxes?

SpikeyJoe

Well I believe they supply you with War Hero gear from PVP. I think there for PVP and contain gear for War Hero's in the PVP section.

Pretty much this. They contain a full set of armor schematics of that type of gear so you can craft the custom version of that gear. They used to have the BM schematic case but that went away with the BM vendor. Im glad i picked that one up since i'm not too fond of the looks of a good chunk of gear in the game.

Ok, but is it only usable during Ops, Raids and Warzones, PVP, etc.? Or is it PVE usable as well?

I don't understand your question. The schematic box contains the schematics to make the custom orange gear (Shells only - not containing any of the mods) of that type. They type of mods you plan on putting in determine what you plan on doing with the armor peices you are putting on. Its that way with every peice of armor in the game.

So if you want to put PVP mods into the armor, plan on PVPing with it. if you want to put PVE mods into the armor, plan on PVEing with it. Just because it has a certian name on it does not mean its solely designed for that purpose... hell, there are ppl out there Raiding HM ops and going into WZ's with the dancers outfit.

And what craft-skill is best to be used for constructing such a piece of armour?
Depending on which set you plan on creating will depend on which crew skill is needed. It's the same way with all armor crafting in the game. Edited by haliy

before you spend the 50k on the schematic box though, take a look at what the actuall set looks like to see if you like the looks of it. There is no point on spending the 50k on a set of gear if you don't like the way it looks. Some of the WH gear is horrible looking.