Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Season 8 Rewards

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
06.13.2017 , 12:29 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

Here are the preliminary rewards for Season 8! Where mah day-early donuts, Keith?!?!

First, the items that will be given to each individual based on which tier they place in based on their rating:
  • Battle Flag
  • Framed Stronghold Decoration
  • Character Flair
  • Title
Second, the Top 96 folks will additionally receive:
  • Title
  • Character Flair
Last but not least, the individual items which can be purchased with Season 8 tokens:
  • PvP weapon set (one of each weapon type)
  • New PvP inspired Stronghold Decorations
  • Color crystal
  • Mount
In the next few weeks we will work on getting you an exact list of what each item is along with screenshots. As a reminder, the season will be ending with Game Update 5.4. Let us know your thoughts!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

teclado
06.13.2017 , 12:50 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Now that is how you motivate me. Time for me to hardcore grind some tokens. I've barely played a dozen ranked games this season because last season's rewards did not motivate me (I still have about 40k tokens unspent), and I assumed that S8 rewards would be the same kind of meh. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Cheers!

P.S. The stronghold decos seem interesting as well.
P.P.S The character flair based on Ranked tier is a good idea. I like that more than titles.
SS
Malovo - Marauder

benmas
06.13.2017 , 12:52 PM | #3
would be interesting to see the ratings.
waythuk/clortork/bencat/zibak/nex/harrkov/sabotte
sagrtar/biggreenbeam/maseddheed/cyrenic/alr/zbak
The Red Eclipse-->Darth Malgus
<take a seat>

ultimarb
06.13.2017 , 12:52 PM | #4
Hey folks,

Here are the preliminary rewards for Season 8! Where mah day-early donuts, Keith?!?!

First, the items that will be given to each individual based on which tier they place in based on their rating:
  • Battle Flag
  • Framed Stronghold Decoration
  • Character Flair
  • Title
Second, the Top 96 folks will additionally receive:
  • Title
  • Character Flair
Last but not least, the individual items which can be purchased with Season 8 tokens:
  • New PvP inspired Stronghold Decorations
  • Color crystal
  • Mount
In the next few weeks we will work on getting you an exact list of what each item is along with screenshots. As a reminder, the season will be ending with Game Update 5.4. Let us know your thoughts!

-eric
you have the amount of token you need for eachthing to buy?

EricMusco
06.13.2017 , 12:57 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by benmas View Post
would be interesting to see the ratings.
Quote: Originally Posted by ultimarb View Post
you have the amount of token you need for eachthing to buy?
This kind of info, such as tier breakdowns, item costs, and exact items (like what the mount is, etc) will all come in the next communication. I don't have a timeframe for it right now beyond "in the next few weeks." If I get more specific timing estimates before then I will share!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

havikoro
06.13.2017 , 01:28 PM | #6
good job

yellow_
06.13.2017 , 01:58 PM | #7
This kind of info, such as tier breakdowns, item costs, and exact items (like what the mount is, etc) will all come in the next communication. I don't have a timeframe for it right now beyond "in the next few weeks." If I get more specific timing estimates before then I will share!

-eric
If you could prioritize the ratings for each tier it would be great.

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that I get characters to 1650 under the assumption that that will be good enough for tier 1. If it isn't I've got a lot of work to do before the end of the season...

Thaladan
06.13.2017 , 02:27 PM | #8
ranked is a joke. and we need to be a sub for this?? is it the end game PvP what you propose? srly

as a sub just remove this terrible thing from the game.
Elite warlord sorcerer- sniper - powertech

DarthYun
06.13.2017 , 02:38 PM | #9
Weaponbox the dream! It is back!!! I will be looking forward to the tiers but judging from the higher percentage of players above 1600 than in any other season I think it will be higher than any previous season.

I think you might want to adress the leaderboards before this though because they are an absolute trainwreck due to not working anymore and being clogged with people who transferred their character.

I hope this will be adressed alongside the changes you are going to make to ranked PvP as said in the roadmap.

(Cross server + cross faction queues like Odessen hint hint hint please? )

teclado
06.13.2017 , 02:54 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthYun View Post
(Cross server + cross faction queues like Odessen hint hint hint please? )
^^ Cross-faction would make so much sense for solo Ranked IMO, and I think it could mitigate a few issues in one fell swoop. I'm sure you guys have thought of this, but consider it a gentle nudge. Thanks!
SS
Malovo - Marauder