Lightning Barrage (mistake in skill tree description)

Sadishist

Lightning Barrage (in the Lightning skill tree for sorcerer)

Affliction's critical hits have a [50 / 100]% chance to grant Lightning Barrage, causing your next Force Lightning to channel and tick twice as fast. This effect cannot occur more than once every 10 seconds.

It should be lightning strike, not affliction.

Yes, because Affliction only ticks every 3 seconds.

Would be a nerf to the hybrid, for not much of a buff to pure lightning.

Affliction 2 targets, and you get LB passively going on with little delay.

Overall bad idea, safe for people who thinks hybrid should not be possible, to which i disagree.

Would be a nerf to the hybrid, for not much of a buff to pure lightning.

Affliction 2 targets, and you get LB passively going on with little delay.

Overall bad idea, safe for people who thinks hybrid should not be possible, to which i disagree.

Doesn't affect me on most boss-fights.

Doesn't affect me on most boss-fights.

You still get it, often enough, unless you went all power no crit.

At any rate, its not going to change the rotation much, nor will you gain much efficiency with it.

It will however break 0/13/28 and in a lesser extent 0/18/23.

Any corruption/lightning hybrid would be hit rather hard.

All of this because pure lightning players want a small working part of the LOWER tree to be slightly more atuned to them?

If it was broken, ok maybe, but its not the case. One more LS or two if barrage is being stubborn won't break your dps.

This is not a suggestion topic!!!!!!!!!

It's a bug report one. Lightning strike critical hits activates lightning barrage, NOT affliction!!!!!!!

Test it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tested it, it does not.

@verfallen:

Oh certainly, no argument from me there.

However it would be a DPS-increase for pure Lightning.

That this would break anything else is a whole different story...

This is not a suggestion topic!!!!!!!!!

It's a bug report one. Lightning strike critical hits activates lightning barrage, NOT affliction!!!!!!!

Test it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tested it (blew 30% of force in the dummy) and nop. You are wrong.

Apply affliction : wait. Proc

Spam LS, no proc.

I dare hope you didn't ALSO have affliction up, and drew conclusions when a LS crit happened, without checking if affliction also happened to have critted at the same time?

If you have affliction on two targets...

Frankly, this is a pretty bad idea and a nerf to almost everyone.

So grats jerk, BW's going to put it in next patch and call it a buff, then mara are gonna whine that sorcs are super OP now.

If you had bothered reading OP clarification on the first page, you'd be aware off how much your post is unrelated to the thread, and uneccessary angry.

If they buffed Lightning Strike then this could be a future buff to the class. Although any time Bioware makes an entire spec revolve around one ability it's a mistake.

If you have affliction on two targets- that's 2 tics/3 seconds. LS, the only way to match that would be to do nothing but spam it- which would also mean being able to stand still.

In pve against a single target like a boss I could see this becoming a miniscule buff. In pvp- there is pretty much zero situation ever where LS being what procs this rather than affliction would be a good thing...

With the exception perhaps of there being a time where affliction is made so bad you wouldn't want to waste a GCD on it- but I doubt that'll happen.

Lightning Barrage (in the Lightning skill tree for sorcerer)

"Affliction's critical hits have a [50 / 100]% chance to grant Lightning Barrage, causing your next Force Lightning to channel and tick twice as fast. This effect cannot occur more than once every 10 seconds."

It should be lightning strike, not affliction.

I think it is working as intended. I believe that affliction is currently proccing LB which gives the FL buff.

In summary I think there is no mistake.

Not sure what all the hoo-har is by everyone else. Tool-tip states what is actually happening in game as far as I can tell, will test when I get home for certainty. On that basis no need for change/correction. If there was any error then it would likely just have been fixed by changing the tool-tip wordage.