Not in patch notes.

Garthin

So I rolled an IA because I needed a break from my main after hitting 50. I went to leave the planet to get my crew skills at lvl 2 just like I had done on other alts, to find out I can not leave. :( Not really a complaint just a little sad inside.

Haven't tried it. I'm curious why you go and get your crew skills at level 2 though. I took a BH through class quests only to get Mako so that I can sit in Fleet with her and craft away. Doing nothing but class quests I ended at level six. Not that six levels are a ton of time invested, but is there a quicker way to get a companion so that at level two you can use your crew skills? Or, is it just for the gathering that you go and learn them at that level?

I wonder if thats an exploit.

Run a charactar up to 8 to get a companion , hit the fleet , get skills, and constantly send him on gathering missions and sell the materials for profit on the GTN ?

Is there a cap on how high you can level a skill before you have to acheive some minimum level to go higher ?

i dont know about you all, but if this is true (i havent made a new guy yet to see for myself) thats pretty lame. Whats the big deal about taking your level nub character to the fleet and hanging out there? Sure you get xp for talkin to the crafters, 450 i believe is that ground breaking? At most you will be level 4 or 5 when you decide to return to the starting planet, really just 2 levels above the curve and it makes the leveling at the low levels that much easier.

The more I play and as the days wear on...I'm starting to despise the rails. You gave it to me in the space missions, you kind of gave it on the questing, but now you're limiting exploration at my expense? So what If i go to Illum at level 20, who cares? Oh you dont want me there cause theres level 50 boxes? make it so that the requirement to open them be ...uhm I dont know...LEVEL 50?!

No other game that I know of oppresses its players and restricts them from trying to go from point A to point Z (the run from stormwind to darnasus way back in the day was a pain in the ***, but it was the adventure that was well worth it... cmon gang.... get your heads out the solo

Haven't tried it. I'm curious why you go and get your crew skills at level 2 though. I took a BH through class quests only to get Mako so that I can sit in Fleet with her and craft away. Doing nothing but class quests I ended at level six. Not that six levels are a ton of time invested, but is there a quicker way to get a companion so that at level two you can use your crew skills? Or, is it just for the gathering that you go and learn them at that level?

Because for a few of the gathering skills like scavenging, and Bio at least, there are things on the first planet that you can gather on your own with out a companion. Plus it was a guick way to get from lvl 1 to 4 by the exp you got from talking to the trainers.

they halved the XP gain from taking to them as well. You now only get 225 per

I was wondering about that. My alt had only about two bars (can't quite recall, but I was close to level 11) left to ding, and I just barely scraped by after visiting all the trainers when I fully expected to ding half way through the tour. That would explain it.

I wonder if thats an exploit.

Run a charactar up to 8 to get a companion , hit the fleet , get skills, and constantly send him on gathering missions and sell the materials for profit on the GTN ?

Is there a cap on how high you can level a skill before you have to acheive some minimum level to go higher ?

Probably not. At level 8 you have 1 companion, and at 400 skill it takes about 1 to 1.5 hours to do a mission. So yes you can log of and on 8 different characters to do this or you can get one character to level 50 and send 5 companions out.

So I think the number of crew that can be out on a mission is their "cap" per say.

Edited by Kaduu