Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Rolodome
11.25.2016 , 10:55 AM | #8741
Quote: Originally Posted by majopucik View Post
I had enough discussions about this back at the start of 4.0 when we got Prios and people found out how easy it is to grind only EV and KP. I am not a bad person, but you have to adapt to the environment. When i was robbed over 5 times of the MH I had to take action myself!! I didn't want to be joining groups in order to get robbed each time, i have limited game time, cant be asked for that!
FTR, being screwed by someone else isn't an excuse to do it yourself. If everyone operated that way, we'd have no social cooperation.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

Tsetso
11.25.2016 , 11:29 AM | #8742
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
FTR, being screwed by someone else isn't an excuse to do it yourself. If everyone operated that way, we'd have no social cooperation.
Social cooperation? What kind of animal is this?
Quote: Originally Posted by Deaconik View Post
You may have a different opinion and that's your opinion and I don't care.
#RemoveRNG

BobFredJohn
11.25.2016 , 12:33 PM | #8743
FTR, being screwed by someone else isn't an excuse to do it yourself.
I remember, back before 4.0 a member of the rep guild I was in spent most of his time ganking (I was on ToFN back then).

I always got into arguments with him over it because I remember back when I was levelling my first character, my sniper, and every single quest objective in dune sea had at least 3 level 65 rep players camping on them. Plus there was a roaming band of 8 level 65 reps in dune sea.

I was constantly logging on, getting killed 3 or 4 times, then logging off for about a week solid - as a side note that's what lead me to creating alts, I figured if that character was stuck on dune sea I would play some others.

I eventually got past dune sea by logging on at a high-activity time and after being killed for the second time I opened map and noticed instance 3 had just appeared. I moved there and did my quests then got off tatt.

Anyway, back to the rep guy. I kept telling him how annoyed I got when I was being ganked and how it ruined the game for me. His response was always "I know what its like, gankers ruined the game for me too, that's why I do it"

So this guy, because his game was ruined by gankers, decided to ruin the game for other new players. His argument was always "getting revenge on the ganks." Of course that's ridiculous because the players he was killing were not gankers, if they were they would have switched to their pvp geared 65's and owned his ***.

Its this attitude of "I hate it when people do X, so I am going to do X," its basically what happens when ******* get hold of computers and mmo's.
Teach me not what to think, but how to think

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. People are also entitled to ridicule your opinion if it is BS.

Rolodome
11.25.2016 , 03:44 PM | #8744
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsetso View Post
Social cooperation? What kind of animal is this?
Lol.

I miss pre-CU SWG. Where you pretty much needed to socially cooperate or you were dead in the water. That or pay for 3-4 accounts.

Quote: Originally Posted by BobFredJohn View Post
I remember, back before 4.0 a member of the rep guild I was in spent most of his time ganking (I was on ToFN back then).

I always got into arguments with him over it because I remember back when I was levelling my first character, my sniper, and every single quest objective in dune sea had at least 3 level 65 rep players camping on them. Plus there was a roaming band of 8 level 65 reps in dune sea.

I was constantly logging on, getting killed 3 or 4 times, then logging off for about a week solid - as a side note that's what lead me to creating alts, I figured if that character was stuck on dune sea I would play some others.

I eventually got past dune sea by logging on at a high-activity time and after being killed for the second time I opened map and noticed instance 3 had just appeared. I moved there and did my quests then got off tatt.

Anyway, back to the rep guy. I kept telling him how annoyed I got when I was being ganked and how it ruined the game for me. His response was always "I know what its like, gankers ruined the game for me too, that's why I do it"

So this guy, because his game was ruined by gankers, decided to ruin the game for other new players. His argument was always "getting revenge on the ganks." Of course that's ridiculous because the players he was killing were not gankers, if they were they would have switched to their pvp geared 65's and owned his ***.

Its this attitude of "I hate it when people do X, so I am going to do X," its basically what happens when ******* get hold of computers and mmo's.
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. It's one thing if the person is accidentally mimicking what others did to them, unaware, as a subconscious behavior. It's a whole other thing to be aware of it and still do it.

Tsetso
11.25.2016 , 04:31 PM | #8745
Lol.

I miss pre-CU SWG. Where you pretty much needed to socially cooperate or you were dead in the water. That or pay for 3-4 accounts.
Yes. Same with me and Ultima Online. Basically that's the main difference between a theme park and sandbox mmos.
Quote: Originally Posted by Deaconik View Post
You may have a different opinion and that's your opinion and I don't care.
#RemoveRNG

Rolodome
11.25.2016 , 04:49 PM | #8746
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsetso View Post
Yes. Same with me and Ultima Online. Basically that's the main difference between a theme park and sandbox mmos.
True, good point.

Torvai
11.25.2016 , 06:36 PM | #8747
Alright, so I just queued for a HM FP on my 64 Jugg tank. Got a pop for bt, go up to the first convo, the three others, two of which are from the same guild, leave the FP without a word.
I'm literally like ***

aerockyul
11.25.2016 , 08:01 PM | #8748
Quote: Originally Posted by josephinec View Post
I wouldn't say it's the norm, because I know most raiders aren't jerks. However, I would say the player base has a strong tendency to be mean and impatient towards newbies. I speak from experience.

Group content is only getting screwed over because Bioware Austin is dumb.
Gate new people without achievements
Gate people with achievements but they aren't the "right" achievements with the correct time stamp or done at exactly the right time of the year when the moon was a quarter full and wasn't correctly aligned with Orion
"Helping" new people by trolling them, insulting them, shouting at them, all-around making them feel unwelcome
Ninja-looting is ok because you're bored
If you haven't solo'd every flashpoint naked and recorded it on Youtube for all to gawk in awe at, just uninstall, sit in a corner, and think about how bad you are at life

All activities that Bioware sponsors, I'm sure.

PVE (and PVP, for mainly the third point) player base actively pushes out new people, get's little sympathy from majority of community, and further justifies Bioware's apathy to create new group content. Earth-shaking stuff here.
Keeya, Lill'ya, Ainyalah, Vaisis, Wrathiva, Sul'trea
Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx Eko'va, Misphire
Jaista, Qilessa, Katie Bee Referrals

dr_mike
11.25.2016 , 08:31 PM | #8749
Had a diaper change pause a few days ago.

The amazing thing was that the other two players were willing to wait.
Who knows what lurks in the minds of those crazy Sith....
1% gets donated to unemployed Jawas living on Hoth

Omecrion
11.25.2016 , 10:49 PM | #8750
I find it funny that most of the time i use GF, i always run into people who either a)think they are the greatest player(s) and feel they should tell you how to do your job and yet they are absolute crap or b)they are tanks and they suffer from what i call "tank immortality" syndrome where they feel that since there is a healer they can agro everything in sight and then berates everyone else for not "keeping up with him" and cause the entire team to wipe on about a 20npc mobs, i literally had someone say that to me once. I also find it funny that the people who fall into group a, the moment you try to helpfully correct them, they just go into a blind rage and then try to get you kicked.