Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Nerfed Assassin Force Speed -60% dmg absorb utility

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Nerfed Assassin Force Speed -60% dmg absorb utility

Darittha's Avatar


Darittha
10.17.2019 , 06:37 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by allexj View Post
Even if that is the case. Sins as a whole are dead in 6.0. reversing the change to effect all of sins and then reduce the effect to 25% that stacks with gear DF would still be a better option over all. Sins have almost nothing going for them PvP wise and PvE wise they have always been strong as far as tank is concerned. It just long enough to get you through a spike but not long enough actually destroy PvP. It a great oh crap ability for dopa sins in PvP and just supports already week in PvP shadow tanks.
Agreed, sins dont have much going for them and they were never really op so this nerf will hurt and it is unnecessary. 60% all damage absorb has been around for a long time and never have i heard about it ruining either pvp or pve. Played pvp enough against sins and didnt notice them being op thx for this one utility that merely allows for slighly better dmg mitigation.

ottffsse's Avatar


ottffsse
10.17.2019 , 08:18 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by allexj View Post
Even if that is the case. Sins as a whole are dead in 6.0. reversing the change to effect all of sins and then reduce the effect to 25% that stacks with gear DF would still be a better option over all. Sins have almost nothing going for them PvP wise and PvE wise they have always been strong as far as tank is concerned. It just long enough to get you through a spike but not long enough actually destroy PvP. It a great oh crap ability for dopa sins in PvP and just supports already week in PvP shadow tanks.
I think their demise is greatly overstated. Sure the total nerf of force speed dr to 0% on tank is a bit much - should be like 25% for all, but the raid players could see the particular nerf coming from a mile away.
Dps Sins on the other hand are getting buffed technically compared to maras and jugs currently - it is just a finesse class just even more than mara now. Good dps sin players will be very deadly after these adjustments.
The big picture problem is that there are 1 or 2 grossly imbalanced and overtuned classes still there and everyone is comparing themselves to them and that is the problem.
ref http://www.swtor.com/r/gFbhFZ Melisen / Sage Zrella / Sorc

Exocor's Avatar


Exocor
10.17.2019 , 08:28 AM | #23
I'm repeating myself, but I have to say it again: Bring back Phasewalk for Sins and Shadows! I'm sure that would increase their value in pvp and would add some nice additional mobility to them in PvE.
Infinitas Coryak - Tulak Hord Nox
--
Check our Sale Offers!

Darittha's Avatar


Darittha
10.17.2019 , 01:04 PM | #24
Ive just heard some disturbing news: they want to nerf Phasing Phantasm utility for sin because its supposedly OP but Juggs will now be able to use their selfheal Enraged Defense as low as every 39 seconds. Looks like another pity party for juggs similar to what happened in 2014 when everyone played them as a result of the extreme boost in survivability and damage they got.

Right now before 6.0 comes the best cooldown you can get on the Enraged Defense is 1,5mins.

Monterone's Avatar


Monterone
10.18.2019 , 01:50 PM | #25
I don't get this change from a dps tree perspective.

Was deception or hatred too hard for people to kill? Did it require a whole team to burn through their dcds? How is this being off-set?
Pelvic Sorcery . Chonies . Flux Capacitor
Star Forge

allexj's Avatar


allexj
10.18.2019 , 02:59 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by ottffsse View Post
I think their demise is greatly overstated. Sure the total nerf of force speed dr to 0% on tank is a bit much - should be like 25% for all, but the raid players could see the particular nerf coming from a mile away.
Dps Sins on the other hand are getting buffed technically compared to maras and jugs currently - it is just a finesse class just even more than mara now. Good dps sin players will be very deadly after these adjustments.
The big picture problem is that there are 1 or 2 grossly imbalanced and overtuned classes still there and everyone is comparing themselves to them and that is the problem.


I agree with you on the overturned class and as long as they need us in any other way we will be ok but the overturned classes really need to be untuned lol.
Support Togruta,Bothan and other Alien Species! I Support LGBT Romance Arcs.

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
10.21.2019 , 09:50 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Monterone View Post
I don't get this change from a dps tree perspective.

Was deception or hatred too hard for people to kill? Did it require a whole team to burn through their dcds? How is this being off-set?
I think there's a 2nd force cloak? I haven't had much chance to play around on my shadows on the PTS. If there is a 2nd force cloak, that means more self-heals, and another 2s force shroud. Assuming you took the utilities.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(,,,,)(\/) ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

Hawkebatt's Avatar


Hawkebatt
10.21.2019 , 10:09 AM | #28
The nerf was needed but not necessarily a full removal of the effect.

If you are a NiM raider the only choice for tank was sin and so with the ability of a sin or shadow to survive those fights where a jug/guardian or PT/VG could not is game breaking for pve. That meant the NiM operations were not properly tuned with the tanks that we have. With the nerf in place the tanks are all back on a more level field.

PT/VG could still use a survivability boost to be more consistent than RNG.
Emotion, yet Peace. Ignorance, yet Knowledge. Passion, yet Serenity.

Chaos, Yet Harmony. Death, yet the Force. Contemplation, yet Duty.