2 Ideas to Improve PvP!

TanRhd

Hey iv been a SWTOR player since release and 2 MAJOR things bug be about this game and both deal in PvP. Keep in mind im aware of the fact there is a lot of talk about these subjects but im putting my 2 cents in and here some input.

MAJOR PROBLEMS

1) No cross server pvp(this also includes pve as well)

2) No choice in are WZ's

Now im sure someone that reads this will not be happy with one of these ideas but here is why anything you tell me will never make me understand why these ideas cannot be a reality...

-By adding cross server pvp/pve u cut back on wait times by im sure a good 15 to 20 mins easy... now who wouldnt want that? Also who wants to wait for a WZ in pvp for 30 to 45mins to get a WZ they really dont want? Kinda makes me not even wanna join up in a WZ or even play pvp for that matter....but also if your gonna tell me that a person who leaves a WZ because they dont like it is better than picking your WZ and people staying because they choose to be in that WZ...i just dont agree. Most importantly the only thing i agree on is if we can choose are WZ yes im sure some WZ's will not have many players playing it...but should it be my problem if the WZ is not working? NO!! if a WZ is not doing good than you ether fix the problem or get rid of the problem...no one should be forced to play something they dont want....

also here are some ideas if the developers dont want some of there WZ's to get dropped off by individual selection than put WZ's in groups... like have 3 WZ of this and 3 WZs of that so that way unpopular WZ's can still be in the choices of WZ's to pop up. and Also make PvP WZ selection for pay to play players if there tryna make some money off of it.

p.s All my personal opinions you dont have to agree with me.

Hey iv been a SWTOR player since release and 2 MAJOR things bug be about this game and both deal in PvP. Keep in mind im aware of the fact there is a lot of talk about these subjects but im putting my 2 cents in and here some input.

MAJOR PROBLEMS

1) No cross server pvp(this also includes pve as well)

2) No choice in are WZ's

Now im sure someone that reads this will not be happy with one of these ideas but here is why anything you tell me will never make me understand why these ideas cannot be a reality...

-By adding cross server pvp/pve u cut back on wait times by im sure a good 15 to 20 mins easy... now who wouldnt want that? Also who wants to wait for a WZ in pvp for 30 to 45mins to get a WZ they really dont want? Kinda makes me not even wanna join up in a WZ or even play pvp for that matter....but also if your gonna tell me that a person who leaves a WZ because they dont like it is better than picking your WZ and people staying because they choose to be in that WZ...i just dont agree. Most importantly the only thing i agree on is if we can choose are WZ yes im sure some WZ's will not have many players playing it...but should it be my problem if the WZ is not working? NO!! if a WZ is not doing good than you ether fix the problem or get rid of the problem...no one should be forced to play something they dont want....

also here are some ideas if the developers dont want some of there WZ's to get dropped off by individual selection than put WZ's in groups... like have 3 WZ of this and 3 WZs of that so that way unpopular WZ's can still be in the choices of WZ's to pop up. and Also make PvP WZ selection for pay to play players if there tryna make some money off of it.

p.s All my personal opinions you dont have to agree with me.

I am for the first open if and only if you can choose which servers to que for, don't want harbringer imps on my team ever.

As for the second it might have the possibility to make ques even longer b/c each person has his/her favorite wz.

oh without a doubt you would need the first idea to make the second one work at all. im also down for them to split up the WZ's in sections that way its still kinda random and has more people to queue for..ether 3 groups of 2 or 2 groups of 3.

Adding cross server? What an original and never before heard idea. I wonder what BW has to say about it:

Nice list Kilora!

While the exact details of which features will make Game Update 2.4 are still being hardened I can definitely say that Cross-Server Queueing is not in the plan for it. We've taken a hard look at Cross Server Queuing in the past and accomplishing it is a *significant* challenge that would take a lot of time away from other things we are working on. Emphasis on significant. It's not forever off the table but it's not in the plan right now.

Even though it is too early to share specifics I can say that Game Update 2.4 as it is being worked on right now has features and changes that should cause a significant improvement of queue times for ranked Warzones in particular. Emphasis on significant!

:jawa_smile:

oh without a doubt you would need the first idea to make the second one work at all. im also down for them to split up the WZ's in sections that way its still kinda random and has more people to queue for..ether 3 groups of 2 or 2 groups of 3.

Yep, without Cross-Server split queues would not work as the populations even on the busiest PvP server can't support it. I suppose you could squash everyone together (PvP, PvE and RP players) on to just a few big regional (West Coast, East Coast & EU) Mega Server, but I suspect that would also upset a lot of people.

Data-miners discovered that Cross-Server code is in this game, but EA won't let Bioware spend the money on the infrastructure.

Cross server is something that is never going to happen. Their engine cannot handle it and they have stated that it will take a significant amount of resources to implement them so in other words, never.

As far as choosing what warzone it shouldn't happen. You shouldn't know what you're going to get because then you can spec accordingly and or chose your group composition to maximize effectiveness. They removed field respec for warzones and what I said is the reason why.

Would have been nice for the Galactic Starfighter hangar, but would work just as well for ground pvp: An ingame scoreboard that tells us which side has won the most matches today/this week/ever. Might invoke some patriotism in people that shunned PVP so far. Edited by Mubrak

They promised cross server with 1.2(I think it was) but certainly when pre-season 1 started and guess what...nothing happened. The game engine is too clunky and the devs are only focusing on reskinning armour for the CM.

You want cross server - try other MMOs that actually do care about pvp and their player base

They promised cross server with 1.2(I think it was) but certainly when pre-season 1 started and guess what...nothing happened. The game engine is too clunky and the devs are only focusing on reskinning armour for the CM.

You want cross server - try other MMOs that actually do care about pvp and their player base

Developers don't reskin armor designers do. Not everything the devs do is relayed in the patch notes.