No QQ about Merc/Commando changes yet?

Brewkrew

None of the changes greatly changed my survivablity, though it certain is an improvement. Mostly it changed ehps overall, but it's reactive healing, so again not anything people notice during the course of a match. Edited by TezMoney

I got a feeling there is going to be a lot of QQ about ranged in general come 2.7.

I agree. The Commando/Mercenary changes are great, but it's hard to know if it is too much until we see it in practice. Sadly, I still don't expect many people to test PvP while 2.7 is on the PTS.

None of the changes greatly changed my survivablity, though it certain is an improvement. Mostly it changed ehps overall, but it's reactive healing, so again not anything people notice during the course of a match.

We notice in pve Teebs... not only do we have to wait for you to get your stacks before engage but now it is 'omg I'm not done kolto shelling everyone!' :p

I've noticed the change on my merc/mando in pvp, more so in dealing with the splash damage from ae effects (or the tab-dotting sages/sorcs) than personal survivablity though.

Yeah, 2 stacks of Tech Override reduced back down to one. Fantastic! Who needs burst (or quick emergency heals) when you can instead have sustained (interruptable ad nauseum) damage! Woot. They seem to have lost their feeling for going backwards when it comes to Cryo Grenade though; that's still going to be 1/3rd its range. Full auto does same damage but tick starts immediately? Nice... well, for those whose server lag won't compensate for that, I guess. Oh well, can't have all the sub-mediocrity you can handle in just one sitting, I guess! =D Yeah, they *fixed* them alright. hahahhahahahahaha!!!! (And you silly billies got your hopes up, didn't you? A root? ha. Cryo back to 30m? haha. Damage boost? hahaha. A "non-interruptible" button like sages get? hahahaHA. Well, it was nice you guys came up w/ a list for Santa... here's your lump of coal, sorry it's late. Trololololo.)

Yeah, 2 stacks of Tech Override reduced back down to one. Fantastic! Who needs burst (or quick emergency heals) when you can instead have sustained (interruptable ad nauseum) damage! Woot. They seem to have lost their feeling for going backwards when it comes to Cryo Grenade though; that's still going to be 1/3rd its range. Full auto does same damage but tick starts immediately? Nice... well, for those whose server lag won't compensate for that, I guess. Oh well, can't have all the sub-mediocrity you can handle in just one sitting, I guess! =D Yeah, they *fixed* them alright. hahahhahahahahaha!!!! (And you silly billies got your hopes up, didn't you? A root? ha. Cryo back to 30m? haha. Damage boost? hahaha. A "non-interruptible" button like sages get? hahahaHA. Well, it was nice you guys came up w/ a list for Santa... here's your lump of coal, sorry it's late. Trololololo.)

I mean this in the nicest way possible but are you all there (like in your head)?

There is a lot of wrong in this post. Re-read the notes.

I mean this in the nicest way possible but are you all there (like in your head)?

There is a lot of wrong in this post. Re-read the notes.

Okay, you don't get satire, so I'll be serious. first let's make sure we're on the same page here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7242534#edit7242534

Is this the same post you've seen?

If there's some other post I've missed, link it please, but I'll run down what I've seen in the one I linked:

In 2.7 Tech Override will have a base CD of 60 seconds which can be ultimately spec'd to 45 seconds with points in Overclock. Currently the base is 2m but w/ points reduced to 90 seconds. "In addition" and this is to what I referred in my initial post about the current ability, T.O. "has a 100% chance to yield a second charge making your next two abilities with activation time, activate instantly." Unless this was inadvertently omitted from Mr. Musco's post, there is no longer the double stack of T.O. Was this a mistake of leaving it out of the description, or is the net gain exactly the same except that you lose the front end burst of linking two cast, damaging abilities within the 15 second activation window (or alternately two Medical Probes in a pinch, for example)? Is anyone reading that differently? One ability every 45 seconds vs. 2 abilities every 90 seconds (front end burst/heal/etc)? *If* that double stack has been removed I'd consider it a nerf.

Regarding Full Auto having 4 ticks instead of 3: "The total damage of the ability is unchanged, so each new tick of damage will do slightly less than before." This was something I saw requested in the community to have the first tick begin immediately, but again, the net gain is... well, equal damage. From what I gathered this was more of a fix than any enhancement to the ability. I'm all for fixes, but it's a little like getting your car back from the body shop after a fender bender and it looks like it should and all, but it's a little anti-climactic that it doesn't at least come back with some flames or something painted on the side (to justify the time and expense spent in the shop). Okay, I'll tone down the levity... Heh-hemm.

Steadied Aim, if fully spec'd, will prevent "100% of pushbacks towards Full Auto, Charged Bolts and Grav Rounds."

Currently, this is maxed at 70%. Okay, well unless the definition of "pushback" has been changed to mean "interruption" I can say that pushbacks in its current form, have not been the issue that interrupts have (at least for me), and certainly not to the extent that 30% additional mitigation will even necessarily be noticeable... at all. So net benefit....? Maybe on paper, but in the heat of battle, not so clear. For some reason, I was envisioning (maybe hoping for) something similar to a proc like Harnessed Shadows provides. Now, I will admit, moving Combat Shield down to tier 2 is enticing (although I don't know where I personally would select the pts reaching over from Gunnery). I would also like to know if the CD on the Reactive Shield will remain 2minutes, or shortened to 1min 45 secs (less?) like Sage's Mental Alacrity. I have no reason to think it would get shortened, just curious.

"Curtain of Fire now has a 100% chance to occur when using Grav Round or Charged Bolts." I bet this is where you guys started getting excited, huh? Did you catch that "oh by the way, I forgot to tell you..." post from Mr. Musco that ended up in the Mercenary thread but not in the Commando thread? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7243082#edit7243082 It's past halfway down the page, so maybe you all did already, but it's the follow up post that says: "the Barrage proc can only occur once every 8 seconds. I forgot to mention that in the original post." Isn't Barrage the Merc's equivalent of Curtain of Fire? In that case, one won't be alternating between Grav & Full Auto as frequently at some seemed to think in initial reaction to the post, which was unclear (so not the fault of the hopeful).

"Special Munitions...." and so on.

Still excited? Are you there? All there in the head? Just checking. :p

Some respectfully submitted ideas from the community included asking for help with in-your-face pressure. Some restored burst was mentioned. A request for 2/3rds of the Cryo Grenades range to be returned (I know, crazy for a ranged class to ask for a ranged ability back. Seriously, have you never missed it even once?). A root was suggested. It would be nice to find an answer to stealthers. I'm not sure the answer would even come from the commando side, unless it was some slight increase in stealth detection, either innate or something that could be spec'd into. As it is now, even if one has Combat Shield, how does that help you, in for example solo ranked WZs, against 2-3 Shadows/Assassins that can wipe you out in their opening gambit? (This is a common scenario on my server). But if I missed another post that has any of these items in it, I would consider it encouraging news indeed and I'd appreciate the link.

Edited by BoushhDC

/facepalm

I cant even bother. Just no, many many no's.

So as to the answer to the question: can you confirm whether or not Overclock still includes the second charge to Tech Override or not, the answer is also "no"? Thanks for the thoughtful contribution. lol. I'm so glad I took the time to elaborate on my questions, concerns, and observations. :/

*edited to keep it simple since I don't want to blamed for self inflicted hematomas. (I've heard that a bicycle helmet can help with that) ;)

Edited by BoushhDC

I'm disappointed in you guys.

Won't, because we are no BAD SOrc / Sage players, according to a certain person.

Some respectfully submitted ideas from the community included asking for help with in-your-face pressure.

This reminds me of the "face tanking" nonability of the Sage / Sorc.

And that players (and unfortunately seemingly the devs as well) claim that the Sage / Sorc MUST KITE.

So ... The Mercenary is a second Sorc / Sage class ? In that it MUST KITE etc. ?

This would explain why the Mercenary got not so much "in-face-pressure" help. Because the Merc must kite.

But at least the Merc can wear heavy armor ... The Sorc can't ... So much about "damage mitigation" ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

So as to the answer to the question: can you confirm whether or not Overclock still includes the second charge to Tech Override or not, the answer is also "no"? Thanks for the thoughtful contribution. lol. I'm so glad I took the time to elaborate on my questions, concerns, and observations. :/

*edited to keep it simple since I don't want to blamed for self inflicted hematomas. (I've heard that a bicycle helmet can help with that) ;)

The changes did not mention anything about removing the second charge of power surge for arsenal. All it said "Power Overrides now reduces the cooldown of Power Surge/Tech Override by 7.5/15." I assume it will remain 2 charges.