Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware, do you intend to revert TTK to pre 1.2, or is the current TTK intended?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bioware, do you intend to revert TTK to pre 1.2, or is the current TTK intended?

vrgadin
04.19.2012 , 01:38 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Samcuu View Post
I don't think that was the sentiment among pvp'ers. One thing everyone complained about was all the stuns. Like I said minor tweaks were needed...but not a complete demolition of a balanced system....
i am one of the pvpers u are referring to. valor 70+ so iv done plenty. and imo it has always been a dps race, why early on i switched from def guardian to dps spec. and of course the stuns are redic. they have no place in pvp. ok ok 1 stun every min or so would be strategic, chain stunning, is just the product of a broken system exploited by all.

"most games fail these days because they are theme parks. tps have no depth. you play through the story and you are done. though swg had no quests strangely enough in 2-3 years i never had nothing to do. sandboxes are real mmos. "

vrgadin
04.19.2012 , 01:42 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by MrXen View Post
I read your post, I saw "i don't care about the obvious or the factual, i care about how i am personally performing with the current surge of players due to the recently released 1.2 patch causing a population spike in activity."

I deal in facts, logic, and common sense, not how you feel in a warzone now with a bunch of inactives coming back to play 1.2.
zing! hahahah

"most games fail these days because they are theme parks. tps have no depth. you play through the story and you are done. though swg had no quests strangely enough in 2-3 years i never had nothing to do. sandboxes are real mmos. "

Samcuu
04.19.2012 , 01:42 AM | #63
pre 1.2 i ran around ilum with a full tank spec commando, i'm a dps scoundrel off heals. we won a 5 v 2 fight because 1. we knew how to play 2. it wasn't a always dps race pre 1.2.

I don't care what gear they had 5 v 2 is not usually a fight you will win. Strategy ftw IMO

KavikaDestroyer
04.19.2012 , 01:42 AM | #64
i'm like most of you don't post too often, and very upset with the state of pvp atm...lol i have a full time job already it's not fun for me to play a game just to grind for gear...pointless...ne ways i would love to see the pvp changed back to the way it was prior to 1.2, still not sure if it would bring me back as I have already unsubbed....that is more of a customer service problem than anything...bioware seem clueless and like most mmos just listen to the qq'ers when they already had a perfectly good game that needed 1 or 2 minor tweaks...but just like every other clueless mmo go out and completely change everything and alienate their biggest player base...lol they don't deserve my $$$
Sorry mate but it was your own comrades that did you in on the gearing issue. For a month straight people (Battlemaster and above) *****ed that fresh 50's would be handed gear that they worked so hard for once 1.2 hit. There was multiple threads about it everyday. So BW went ahead and made WH gear the single greatest PvP grind in MMO history (at least it feels like it). Thank your fellow posters for that one.

vrgadin
04.19.2012 , 01:47 AM | #65
pre 1.2 i ran around ilum with a full tank spec commando, i'm a dps scoundrel off heals. we won a 5 v 2 fight because 1. we knew how to play 2. it wasn't a always dps race pre 1.2.

I don't care what gear they had 5 v 2 is not usually a fight you will win. Strategy ftw IMO
healer pocket healing still works in 1.2.

polopopoo
04.19.2012 , 01:49 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by KavikaDestroyer View Post
S So BW went ahead and made WH gear the single greatest PvP grind in MMO history (at least it feels like it). Thank your fellow posters for that one.
Nothing compared to the high warlord grind of pre casual pvp.

vrgadin
04.19.2012 , 01:49 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by KavikaDestroyer View Post
Sorry mate but it was your own comrades that did you in on the gearing issue. For a month straight people (Battlemaster and above) *****ed that fresh 50's would be handed gear that they worked so hard for once 1.2 hit. There was multiple threads about it everyday. So BW went ahead and made WH gear the single greatest PvP grind in MMO history (at least it feels like it). Thank your fellow posters for that one.
wh gear aint even worth the grind....tiny bit better, nothing some power mods ripped and put into bm and a little skill wont compensate for. i prob wont even bother grinding wh gear, if i get it someday, so be it. if i dont, who cares

Astraius
04.19.2012 , 01:50 AM | #68
I love how people make sweeping generalisations, for example:

"You are hurting your player base with these changes."

I pvp, that is all I do. I pvpd since the game was released. I enjoy the changes. Am I not part of the player base?
The difference is I don't whinge on the forums. The vocal minority are present on the forums, that is all.

Secondly, the TTK hasn't increased. What changed was the amount of expertise on gear. So the people who had BM gear to start with were doing more damage because those they were fighting had less expertise. When you get better gear, you take longer to die.

Things you can do to increase the TTK. Use defensive CD's. Use consumables, queue with a healing friend, queue with a tank friend. Play more defensively, focus more on achieving the objectives... the list goes on.

Samcuu
04.19.2012 , 01:52 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by vrgadin View Post
healer pocket healing still works in 1.2.
i'm too lazy and stupid and don't have enough patience to sit around and look up math equations based upon a video game. So can you please explain to me why an ability like demolition round now crits for over 5k when before 1.2 it at the most was hitting for a 3k crit. I'm talking about on an under-geared player. On a geared player it was critting for 2k to 2.5. From what I read in your other posts that doesn't seem like a 1% increase. I'm not a mathematician but those numbers don't quite seem accurate to me. Mind explaining? It's the same thing with back blast, I play a scoundel I could hit a 3k crit at the most. Now i'm doing around 4k....

vrgadin
04.19.2012 , 01:53 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Astraius View Post
I love how people make sweeping generalisations, for example:

"You are hurting your player base with these changes."

I pvp, that is all I do. I pvpd since the game was released. I enjoy the changes. Am I not part of the player base?
The difference is I don't whinge on the forums. The vocal minority are present on the forums, that is all.

Secondly, the TTK hasn't increased. What changed was the amount of expertise on gear. So the people who had BM gear to start with were doing more damage because those they were fighting had less expertise. When you get better gear, you take longer to die.

Things you can do to increase the TTK. Use defensive CD's. Use consumables, queue with a healing friend, queue with a tank friend. Play more defensively, focus more on achieving the objectives... the list goes on.
yup agreed, they arent hurting squat, i just adapt, maybe 1.2 will weed out the scrubs and cleanse the forums of the whiners? nahhhhh