melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?

MerkSauce

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am fine with not getting any usefull gear this event. The speeder is great, the pet is nice. Think I maybe will also buy the outfit... and maybe I will buy a blaster for one of my companions. Maybe next event will see much stuff just for lightsaber users, who knows?

I am fine with not getting any usefull gear this event. The speeder is great, the pet is nice. Think I maybe will also buy the outfit... and maybe I will buy a blaster for one of my companions. Maybe next event will see much stuff just for lightsaber users, who knows?

The crystals from the Rakghoul-event is a little bit more fun for those with lightsabers, it's much more visible when you got your hands on a particularly nice looking one. Got a friend who was a little miffed that he was left out because he had a trooper vanguard. With a blaster rifle...

Well, he's dancing this time :D

Who knows what we are getting the next event. If you want all the pretty things, then you will have to work at it in every event. Or just participate in those that has got swag that you like.

Hi folks,

I wanted to take a bit of time to explain the reasoning behind the weapon selection on the vendor. As you know, each SWTOR event that we do is unique and this also applies to the variety of items offered. That is, if you don’t find anything that you think is useful during this event, you may find a different assortment of items in the next one. Your feedback is definitely appreciated and we’ll look into different ways to improve our item selection in the future.

Thanks for participating!

Hi folks,

I wanted to take a bit of time to explain the reasoning behind the weapon selection on the vendor. As you know, each SWTOR event that we do is unique and this also applies to the variety of items offered. That is, if you don’t find anything that you think is useful during this event, you may find a different assortment of items in the next one. Your feedback is definitely appreciated and we’ll look into different ways to improve our item selection in the future.

Who knew? Oh, wait...the non-whiners. Obvious CS response is obvious. Much appreciated, though, in all honesty.

I actually think that's pretty darn cool. It builds interest in future events. I went back and was looking at some of the rackghoul event rewards, (I missed out on that event unfortunately) and the majority of them looked to be geared towards force users. I can see why people would feel left out, but I like the concept because it's different. I also think that the rewards aren't the only reason to participate in the event, the event itself sometimes is reason enough for playing. But that's just me.

The nice thing about these weapons is that they aren't something ridiculously OP, they're a nice upgrade for a toon around the level range the weapons are at, so a fresh 50 would have a very nice weapon to start them off, and since they're bound to legacy you can easily send it around to other toons who would get a use out of them.

Basically they're nice to have but not something absolutely required for endgame.

Hi folks,

*facepalm* It's not a matter of opinion.

Everyone uses crystals. Everyone. PVE, PVP, every class. They were useful. Great reward. It created an after market and everything.

At 50, only 25% of people can use the bowcasters, and doing so outside of showing it off requires spending over A HUNDRED THOUSAND CREDITS just to remove the barrel to upgrade it to even rakata level, at which point it will be individually BoP even if you make the overarching weapon BoL because you used a standard barrel.

In 9 months, you've done 2 events. If this is the frequency, the rewards should have at least the potetial of being used by the level 50s that make up a majority of your still active playerbase.

Think, mcfly.

The nice thing about these weapons is that they aren't something ridiculously OP, they're a nice upgrade for a toon around the level range the weapons are at, so a fresh 50 would have a very nice weapon to start them off, and since they're bound to legacy you can easily send it around to other toons who would get a use out of them.

Basically they're nice to have but not something absolutely required for endgame.

Also, they contain the first epic weapon mod. That opens the door for future epics (hopefully). :)

Hi folks,

Participating? You've COMPLETELY wasted the time of the players who use lightsabers/vibroblades with this event...

The last event was useful for everyone, this one just leaves a bad taste in my mouth and honestly p***** me off...

Hi folks,

So in regular speak you are basically saying tough noogies better luck next time? Wow that inspires me to renew my sub. I would suggest you make available items that every class can benefit from because by making only 1 weapon exclusive per event you are turning off a lot of your customers to not only not participate in the event, but to stop playing your game. After reading your response to the frustration of your customers over what this event has to offer after we waited so long for content I feel like you just gave me a big bottle of hogwash to drink...and it don't taste very good at all.

Participating? You've COMPLETELY wasted the time of the players who use lightsabers/vibroblades with this event...

The last event was useful for everyone, this one just leaves a bad taste in my mouth and honestly p***** me off...

Strange, I play a Jedi Shadow and don't feel like I wasted my time, I liked the event so far.

At 50, only 25% of people can use the bowcasters, and doing so outside of showing it off requires spending over A HUNDRED THOUSAND CREDITS just to remove the barrel to upgrade it to even rakata level, at which point it will be individually BoP even if you make the overarching weapon BoL because you used a standard barrel.

...You don't have to remove the barrel to put in a new one. If you are going to upgrade, then just overwrite he expensive barrel with a Rakata level one. Also, BoL gear does NOT individually bind once you put anything in it, it stays BoL. This is how you transfer (already bound) Mods across your account.

Edited by Daeada

Hi folks,

So you're saying the trash we see is what we get.....cool. A week before the Guild Wars 2 release was/is not the best time to screw over the melee and blaster pistol people.

Hi folks,

Your scenario doesn't work because there's way too much time between the events.

Also as mentioned the event rewards are biased because only 1 Rep class can use the weapons versus 2 Empire.

As example I have 3 main chars and none of them can use the weapons. Neither My Jugg, nor my Inquisitor not even my Commando can and even less my daughter Sentinel. Speak of good design not rewarding players that have 4 out of 8 classes.

What I read in your post is too bad for you: wait for the next event.

Not sure this is such a good way to keep customers.

Now would you have proposed a time frame for future events and classes rewards that would have been a totally different message.

Hi folks,

May I request, with all politeness, that you *not* continue this reasoning going forward? These events happen too infrequently to release items that are relevant to only 2 classes (companions notwithstanding). At this rate any classes whose unique weapons (blaster cannons, double sabers, scatter guns, blaster pistols, etc etc) that are 'unlucky' enough to lose whatever decision process you use to pick these things are going to have to wait a year.

As-is, the reward system encourages only the minimum participation (if any at all) i your class isn't selected to have a reward every few months.

While I appreciate the clarification, frankly the rewards need reworked on events like this. They happen infrequently enough that an effort needs to be made to ensure all ACs have access to "nice things" and the rewards aren't skewed towards a few select groups. World events should be inclusive.

Hi folks,

That's not good enough. It's not very smart to exclude 3/4 of your classes from getting a legacy weapon. In fact, it's pretty freaking dumb.

You guys continue to make the strangest decisions, and it's no wonder subs keep dropping.

That's not good enough. It's not very smart to exclude 3/4 of your classes from getting a legacy weapon. In fact, it's pretty freaking dumb.

You guys continue to make the strangest decisions, and it's no wonder subs keep dropping.

Funny thing is when I saw the vendor I immediately though, k well they're going to add more various rewards in the next days/weeks.

Maybe not a great game design but well, it could eventually, keep people hooked a bit longer.

Never thought they would limit rewards to so few classes especially regarding the status of the game.

Not even WoW does this. And they are the ones that could "afford" to do it.

Edited by Deewe

Hi folks,

Not going to shoot the messenger as some might be prone to do, but you might want to let the devs know that this philosophy won't work well unless the events become more frequent. If you want people to get excited about something like this then there really needs to be a "something for everyone" feel. A vanity pet that looks like a re-skin of something already in game, a 90% speeder, and a sand people outfit aren't exactly a huge motivator for some people. For me, myself, the "something new" was enough to get me to try it...for ONE of my toons. Certainly no motivation to go through it again for any of my others. With that said, it was a fun diversion for a brief time, therefore I wouldn't call it a total failure as some do. Some of them do make some good points though.

Hi folks,

I don't understand?!!??

The last event had color crystals which every class needs for weapons. They also offered a unique pet and companion customization kits, also things everyone had never seen and can be used by all classes. You guys also had daily quests that rewarded players with a new piece of social gear every day that everyone could use. Not sure if you're seeing the trend here, but items were made for every class, not just vangaurds and agents.

What I see here is what looks to be a slight rush in giving us some type of new content and in return we got a very poorly executed event. I understand you guys(EA/BW) have gone through a lot of restructuring and I know its the root cause of all these delays in content and poorly executed events (ie. Live event exploit/bug fixed in todays patch), but you need to be more honest with us...I know its hard to admit mistakes, but we all make them! ;)

Hi folks,

So why is it the last event you had items that could be used for everyone regardless of class? The Containment outfits could be used by anyone. The Crystals could be put into any weapon. You've taken a step backward not forwards and it shows.

Your scenario doesn't work because there's way too much time between the events.

This, a thousand times this. If events were monthly it would be different but how long has it been since the rakghoul event? 3 months? Especially since this is the first time they have offered mastercraft mods and bind to legacy gear. Mind you this event feels like it was designed in l3ess than a day, very shoddy all round.

Make sure you buy the moddable (soon to be legacy bound) bracers and belt. Adaptive armor moddable bracers and belt. Very nice thank you.

The weapons, while nice do not bother me much, I bought one of each and banked them. On to a full set of 8 smoking wreck speeders!