James Ohlen - "We have our update 1.2 coming in the next week"

oldshatterhand

I was gonna take you up on that wager, but the ante is too low. (Also, we're prolly not on the same server)

I'm on Bao-Dur (EU-PvE)

I figured i'd place a low amount i could stand to see gone on my gunslinger, and if my bet comes right i could buy risha the nar shaddaa social gear :)

I'm pretty sure 1.2 is coming this week, first there was the date on the Novare Coast video, which was later removed, then Tuesday maintenance which is only for website and last but not least James Ohlen's statement from yesterday at PAX. I bet it will come thursday, like 1.1 did, probably with an 8 hour maintenance. Edited by oldshatterhand

I don't understand why people are pissed at Bioware for not updating the game to 1.2 soon enough; it's obviously not done yet - if you look at the PTS, they're still bugfixing and all that. Hell, it wasn't until 4/4 that they fixed the bug that made spaceships invisible in space combat missions that was on the PTS.

I'd rather they give me a stable update where I don't encounter many problems than give me one that is blatantly unfinished.

I don't understand why people are pissed at Bioware for not updating the game to 1.2 soon enough; it's obviously not done yet - if you look at the PTS, they're still bugfixing and all that. Hell, it wasn't until 4/4 that they fixed the bug that made spaceships invisible in space combat missions that was on the PTS.

I'd rather they give me a stable update where I don't encounter many problems than give me one that is blatantly unfinished.

I think people are pissed cause bioware keeps saying dates, but in the end they push it back again. They never should have said a date in first place than maybe it would be a little better..

It's rolled out in phases..launcher typically first.

It's a game update, it has filenames like:

novare_coast_cache_003.trl

Isn't that the new Warzone? Or is that a zone already ingame?

It's a game update, it has filenames like:

novare_coast_cache_003.trl

Isn't that the new Warzone? Or is that a zone already ingame?

they said they would announce before they release chances are they are prep files so when it actually hits there is not so much to download. but this is a good sign i feel the force telling me there is not long to wait

Hello everyone,

First, we like to remind you that as Joveth Gonzalez has said,

Rest assured, that you will know ahead of time when Game Update 1.2 is going to be released.

For a little more information on why a date has not been annouced yet, we would like to defer to Stephen Reid,

Unfortunately, if we promise a date too early and then we slip, not many people act reasonably. Hence we are vague.

Thank you for your patience!

Hello everyone,

For a little more information on why a date has not been annouced yet, we would like to defer to Stephen Reid,

so to sum much text with no clear information up;

you trying to say that James Ohlen didnt said the truth on PAX and there wont be any update next week? now im curious about a answer to that simple question.:cool:

so to sum much text with no clear information up;

you trying to say that James Ohlen didnt said the truth on PAX and there wont be any update next week? now im curious about a answer to that simple question.:cool:

What he's saying is just that they would want it to be next week , but unless they are ready to launch it they won't announce it. ;)

in other words..

the game is ready to go live, aslong there isnt any major proble/bug appearing during next days? otherwise James wouldnt have stated that... or there is stuff he doesnt know yet and thats why he said it, not knowing the game still needs time...

Edited by Ortagos

I'm personally excited about the whole quote!!

"Our game update 1.2 is coming next week then it's just gonna pick up with the updates month after month after that. It's exciting"

BioWare IS going to release content month after month from 1.2 on I believe. They somehow got tools to make content very fast and updates will come pretty darned fast. They even said the time between 1.1 and 1.2 is HUGE compared to the time between 1.2 and 1.3, 1.4,1.5 and so on. I can'tz waitz!!

Ok this is my personal feelings on the matter and nothing more.

this is what a power that be posted on an earlier page of this thread

Hello everyone,

Quote:

Rest assured, that you will know ahead of time when Game Update 1.2 is going to be released.

Quote:

Unfortunately, if we promise a date too early and then we slip, not many people act reasonably. Hence we are vague.

Ok after the textual errors and the paxx announcement . As well as the fact they havnt shut this or simular threads down. And given the history of the way they released the last content patch namely 1.1

More than likely the webpage down time on tuesday will be to retro it with the new 1.2 meaning to get it out there in a larger way and with more apparent info and such.

Also to announce its live release. Now wether that release will be dated for the thurs the

12th or tues the 17th is still to be seen. I am leaning more towards the 12th myself, Simply because to me the textual errors mistake dates , And now the announcement then correction at pax..

All seems more like an intentional error.

To leak the info for one the subscribers and for 2 to get the web buz and talk kicked up about the patch. Its obvious they want it hyped and what better way for them to kick the hype up than a few ( errors about release time).

Buisness has been doing that for ages they want something that the hype is dieing on or getting turned negative. They leak alittle info about a release or a date. And it stirs the pot kicking the hype back up. So im looking for them to release it on the thurs the 12th.

But again this is simply my oppion on it.

if this realy was a man-made hipe of them... then it was a big fail. atleast it didnt hit the nail in germany... most of the big gaming comunitys, dont expect it before may, alot dont know about the "error anouncments", and nearly no big gaming news page noticed them "errors"...

but well... lets wait and see.

but if its not coming like James Ohlen "announced"... i dont wana be the person that caused the delay then hehe