suggestions for a new class to play

RevenDark

So I recently found out that the 2 classes I have as my mains

Sith Sorc - Lightning

Merc - Arsenal

Are in fact the worst 2 DPS classes and i could only have chosen worse if i'd decided on a sniper, which is a class I was planning to play.

I'm looking for some suggestions as to what to try next, I'm thinking something on the pub side

Are you planning to do Nightmare operations? If not, keep playing whatever you want. If you really want to commit to a certain character, get 252+ gear for it, then even in Nightmare you'll be fine. On Lightning, on Arsenal, whatever.

I main a sorc (Madness>Corrupton>Lightning is what I usually play) and I don't care that I am playing the lowest parsing DoT spec in the game. I am doing enough damage for any content I play, and most importantly, I have fun playing it.

I could switch to a sniper - it has been the premium ranged PvE class for years now. But then I'd die of boredom in a month. So I'd rather keep playing a class that I enjoy.

Edited by Equeliber

Are you planning to do Nightmare operations? If not, keep playing whatever you want. If you really want to commit to a certain character, get 252+ gear for it, then even in Nightmare you'll be fine. On Lightning, on Arsenal, whatever.

I main a sorc (Madness>Corrupton>Lightning is what I usually play) and I don't care that I am playing the lowest parsing DoT spec in the game. I am doing enough damage for any content I play, and most importantly, I have fun playing it.

I could switch to a sniper - it has been the premium ranged PvE class for years now. But then I'd die of boredom in a month. So I'd rather keep playing a class that I enjoy.

Not to mention, that while it is right now a few months, and some new patch, and the "balance" switches into a new direction.

Overall you should always play what you like the most. You won't have a problem unless you're doing nightmare mode and even then if you are well geared, you can do it.:)

Even though they are the worst specs they still do enough damage, being the worst only means that there are others that do more damage.

I agree. Play what you want, friend. I recently returned to game and find myself replaying all of the classes/specs to around level 15-20. I would recommend picking a few dps specs you have not tried and give em a shot. If you find yourself utterly bored with them, then give em the axe. My problem is I enjoy every class. :p

Although, there are still some specs I have never tried. I guess I know what's next for me, haha.