What’s New in Season Two

CourtneyWoods

What in my comment is a "stretch"? I didn't mean to imply they mislead players intentionally (but clearly the comments did). It's just extremely disappointing to me - and others (read the replies).

Simply adding ONE new quest exclusively to promote Ranked play, would have been GREAT incentive...just one...even a crappy duplicate of the other WZ quests...just ONE thing that pushes Ranked...but they didn't...they seem incapable of thinking beyond what we have.

Unless I'm just confused--which admittedly happens from time to time--it seems that what you're asking for is exactly what they provided. A new quest specifically to incentivize ranked play. Can you clarify what you're complaining about here, because I simply don't understand it.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I missed something. Aren't the quests a duplicate of the warzone daily and weekly, except solely for ranked queues? I thought the issue regarding the quests was that they didn't distinguish between solo and group ranked?

Unless I'm just confused--which admittedly happens from time to time--it seems that what you're asking for is exactly what they provided. A new quest specifically to incentivize ranked play. Can you clarify what you're complaining about here, because I simply don't understand it.

>.< well...don't I feel foolish. I believe you're correct...I was reading it as being the same quests we currently have, only they were going to now count solo or group ranked towards the daily/weekly. If they are adding 2 new quests to incentivize ranked, I'm happy.

Edited by TUXs

>.< well...don't I feel foolish. I believe you're correct...I was reading it as being the same quests we currently have, only they were going to now count solo or group ranked towards the daily/weekly. If they are adding 2 new quests to incentivize ranked, I'm happy.

For a second when I first read that post I took it the same way you did, so don't feel too bad.

But yeah, they are adding a new "Ranked Daily" and a new "Ranked Weekly", they just are not adding in separate new "Solo Ranked Daily", "Group Ranked Daily", "Solo Ranked Weekly" and "Group Ranked Weekly" quests. We're getting 2 new quests, but the original (now corrected) post indicated 4.

Say your hail mary fifty times and give me a hundred push ups and I am sure the forum community will forgive you. :D

I am also very happy to see a ranked pvp quest. Long overdue IMO. I just hope the reward is very enticing. I know this will definitely encourage my guildies to queue up for ranked and hell one of them might even subscribe just to do it. Played this game for ages and never subbed. Ranked play being more rewarding would push him closer to that.

Great! I'm looking forward to this too, though I have yet to play a single ranked game and don't have the proper gear yet (but I will before I queue, I promise!). :D

Hi! Allow me to impart clarification on this part of the blog :D

The reward will be given to the Top 3 of each Advanced Class of the entire Ranked population. NOT per server.

8 Advanced Classes per Faction * 2 Factions * Top 3 players * 2 Gamemodes (Ranked and Solo) = 96 rewarded players

Hope that helps make sense of the situation! :tran_cool:

What about the other classes? ie. Smuggler.

Some of us have been crazy enough to get a base-class to 55, and it feels like there's no love if we can't even qualify to get any rewards.

Would like to say again that the reward for top 3 rated players of each AC needs to be PER SERVER, as you have failed to provide the cross server queues that makes comparing ratings of players from different servers possible. If a potential of 96 "top" players per server sounds too much (and it probably is), reduce it to top 1-2 players per AC per server. The pros of this outweigh the cons for reasons I provided in a previous post, especially if you 1) Make rating reset upon character transfer from a PvE to PvP server (or just any server transfer), or more preferably 2) Lock the "top" reward from being used/displayed on any server other than the one on which it was earned. I don't feel like this would "require too much coding". Edited by JediMasterSLC

Would like to say again that the reward for top 3 rated players of each AC needs to be PER SERVER.

+1. I posted a short Elo simulation program earlier in the thread that illustrates why this is. A simple

"oops, you folks in the forum are right -- it is stupid to compare Elo ratings across isolated pools. We will do what JediMasterSLC suggests and give the reward to the top <X> players of each AC on each server"

would be nice. Then we can stop flogging this dead horse.

Edited by funkiestj

+1. I posted a short Elo simulation program earlier in the thread that illustrates why this is. A simple

"oops, you folks in the forum are right -- it is stupid to compare Elo ratings across isolated pools. We will do what JediMasterSLC suggests and give the reward to the top <X> players of each AC on each server"

would be nice. Then we can stop flogging this dead horse.

I couldn't agree more, and we discussed this very topic on our last show. Theoretically one server could get most/ if not all the rewards. This also might encourage players to transfer to non pvp servers so they can try to face possibly less skilled players.

Edited by bobo_fett

Its been stated several million times before, but Im going to say it again because you guys apparently aren't getting it. Without a valor/gear requirement for Ranked, the people who put in the effort get screwed over by people without gear or a clue as to how to play. No, really. Encouraging people to do ranked is all well and good, except that nothing else had changed. All this means is that the Yolo queue will have even more terribad players in it with their PVE gear. I don't suck by any means, but my solo rank was crap because of ungeared clueless players with 26k HP and no idea how to play their class. But who cares, right? /sigh... You can't possibly understand how irritated I have to be in order to post on the forums about something. I love this game, I really do, but lately I've been face-palming so hard I broke my nose. Please don't make me so fed up that I unsub.

Would like to say again that the reward for top 3 rated players of each AC needs to be PER SERVER, as you have failed to provide the cross server queues that makes comparing ratings of players from different servers possible. If a potential of 96 "top" players per server sounds too much (and it probably is), reduce it to top 1-2 players per AC per server. The pros of this outweigh the cons for reasons I provided in a previous post, especially if you 1) Make rating reset upon character transfer from a PvE to PvP server (or just any server transfer), or more preferably 2) Lock the "top" reward from being used/displayed on any server other than the one on which it was earned. I don't feel like this would "require too much coding".

Just do top 1 per server. If youre not first youre last.

just sayin.

Hope you guys manage to bring x-server to pvp and return of ranked 8 man wzs at some point.

With those two alone ranked pvp would flourish in swtor.

Delaying x-server is just a help to the competition coming from other games, being showroom new or old as egypt.

I also would have liked the following in arenas; gear check (easy no 2018 expertise no ranked que, something similar to spec change may be?), and also punishment to leavers; timer (starting at 10 mins and increasing) plus decreasing points (also increasing more if you leave more to 1 game).

^^ all of these!

Sorry The Shadowlands, The Progenitor and Vanjervalis Chain probably no rewards for any of you guys.

Good, the players on those servers who see themselves as "leets" should move on and test themselves in a proper environment then.

The other up point on that is, it would leave casual players to play amongst themselves.

Unless of course it is true that there are people out there who play RP servers just to be a big fish in a small pond.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

Would like to say again that the reward for top 3 rated players of each AC needs to be PER SERVER, as you have failed to provide the cross server queues that makes comparing ratings of players from different servers possible. If a potential of 96 "top" players per server sounds too much (and it probably is), reduce it to top 1-2 players per AC per server. The pros of this outweigh the cons for reasons I provided in a previous post, especially if you 1) Make rating reset upon character transfer from a PvE to PvP server (or just any server transfer), or more preferably 2) Lock the "top" reward from being used/displayed on any server other than the one on which it was earned. I don't feel like this would "require too much coding".

Why should leet pvpers on a rp server get any rewards whatsoever when all they are doing is beating casuals who don't care if they win or lose?

If people want the rewards, move to the pvp servers and compete with the big boys.

hola buenas,me interesaria saver que rantin son los que hay que conseguir para optar algun preimo pvp de 3,2,1 lugar,otra cosa que prdriais mejorar es la igualdad de bandos en pvp,sobre todo en ranked esta muy desvariado te puede tocar contra un grupo que te mata tan solo mirarte por el equipo que lleva,esta muy desigualado en ese sentido,con la manera que teneis de puntuar el rating y con esa desigualdad,en la vida yegaras hacer un buen rating,aver si podeis conseguir que las partidas esten mas igualadas,saludos y gracias Edited by ivaniyo

• 2 weeks later...
Hi! Allow me to impart clarification on this part of the blog :D

The reward will be given to the Top 3 of each Advanced Class of the entire Ranked population. NOT per server.

8 Advanced Classes per Faction * 2 Factions * Top 3 players * 2 Gamemodes (Ranked and Solo) = 96 rewarded players

Hope that helps make sense of the situation! :tran_cool:

No point to que for rewards if NOT per server, cause every server have difference faction balance, pop and class component. This is big mistake for solos, i think.

Edited by helpmewin

I also would have liked the following in Arenas; Gear check (easy no 2018 expertise no Ranked Que, something similar to spec change may be?), and also PUNISHMENT to leavers; timer (starting at 10 mins and increasing) plus decreasing points (also increasing more if you leave more to 1 game).

So I should be PUNISHED for hating 4v4 WZ (unless it is ranked) and leaving them when they pop? Uhh...NO! This is MY game buddy, and I am not setting through a match I can't stand playing. If they would give us a CHOICE of what to que for that would be great, but they don't. So, when a 4v4 pops I leave because I get zero enjoyment out of them. 4v4 should be in ranked only anyway imo.

Maybe if you brought back ranked 8v8 (the only ranked I have ever enjoyed) it would solve the problem.....:D

And what is the deal with have to at least played 10 ranked matches to get credit? You realize last season I never got credit for rewards because the que would never pop. I got 2 total games, ever. If you don't do the 10 games in the first week or so, you may as well forget it on my server (Shadowlands). There is already people in gen chat complaining because Ranked is not popping anymore.

Edited by DarthVengeant

So I should be PUNISHED for hating 4v4 WZ (unless it is ranked) and leaving them when they pop? Uhh...NO! This is MY game buddy, and I am not setting through a match I can't stand playing.

absolutely.

When you join the queue you "accept" the terms of not being a dick to other players.

I can only strongly hope that BW will finally have a penalty on leaving...