Server Transfers, 11 Months Later...

Icebergy

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your mistake to think they care / will live up to what they said about transfers.

Threaten to never buy from the Cartel Market though - that'd probably get they attention, or say something from the market is bugged, etc. They usually reply to those threads.

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

I wanted to give an update on paid character transfers as I know it is something that everyone has been chomping at the bit for. The reason for our silence on the issue is that we are still working through some issues with the transfer tool and so we didn’t want to set an expectation on timing and not meet it. Also, it was very important to us that we informed our APAC players of our plans first, since transfers related to their current issues as well.

With that said I wanted to let you know what our current plans are. As it stands today, our goal is to launch character transfers with Game Update 2.2. Now, as I noted above, we are still working through some things so please note that this is just our goal and that it is entirely subject to change.

I will update you with more information as I get it, thanks!

-eric

Hey everyone,

I wanted to give an update on paid character transfers as I know it is something that everyone has been chomping at the bit for. The reason for our silence on the issue is that we are still working through some issues with the transfer tool and so we didn’t want to set an expectation on timing and not meet it. Also, it was very important to us that we informed our APAC players of our plans first, since transfers related to their current issues as well.

With that said I wanted to let you know what our current plans are. As it stands today, our goal is to launch character transfers with Game Update 2.2. Now, as I noted above, we are still working through some things so please note that this is just our goal and that it is entirely subject to change.

-eric

Hope that, really hope that!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone,

-eric

Lemme guess how this works Eric,

1.) You will need a "Transfer Certificate" to transfer from your server to another.

2.) Transfer Certificates are available from a new kind of gambling pack

3.) The Transfer Certificate will be for a random destination server

4.) The Transfer Certificate will be an ultra rare drop

5.) You have to have Ultimate Hero status with the Cartel Market to use the Transfer Certificate

6.) Transfer Certificates are Single Use, Bind on Pickup

Did I get that right?

Hmmm...more Cartel stuff Eric? I hope there's a lot more to 2.2 than that.....like....content?!

I recall Eric saying in a previous post that 2.2 contains NO CM features.

That is only partially correct - he later clarified, the very same day and within hours, that it would not be CM centric.
Edited by Iggster

Hey everyone,

-eric

Thank you very much for the answer, Eric. I promise I won't get out the pitchforks if they don't get in in time for 2.2, but I really hope you can make that goal. We've been waiting for a long time for them.

1.) You will need a "Transfer Certificate" to transfer from your server to another.

5.) You have to have Ultimate Hero status with the Cartel Market to use the Transfer Certificate

Did I get that right?

And when they are released in the same exact way as a Name Change or Legacy Name Change -- I will make sure to come back and point out how absolutely ridiculous you are.

Thanks for the update Eric. I, for one, have no need for the server transfer, but they have obviously been a hot topic item for a very, very long time. As a couple of the posters above me have mentioned, as players have been promised that 2.2 would be free of cartel market content, I would advise using caution if implementing this with 2.2.

Thanks again for the update, if it does come with 2.2 here's hoping that players are understanding about the addition of a long awaited, discussed cartel market option in what is supposed to be a CM-free content patch.

That is not quite correct.

Just to clarify, when I say Game Update 2.2 will not have Cartel Market features I mean that it will not be a Game Update which focuses largely around the Cartel Market like Game Update 2.1. That isn't to say that things like new items or a new pack wouldn't be in that update as that is the kind of thing we are adding constantly.

-eric

PS - The Gree Enclave wanted me to also pass on that you will see them before Game Update 2.2...

Edited by TimVickey

That is only partially correct - he later clarified, the very same day and within hours, that it would not be CM centric. Don't be all uppity if there's CM items in the update, there will be. There just better be some flipping content to match.

Hey everyone,

-eric

I understand you have limited information on this topic, and while I appreciate you getting back to us on the forums, I think a lot of us would really appreciate if you could provide any information on how much a server transfer will cost, whether or not we will be able to use cartel coins, and if there will be an affordable option to transfer an entire legacy.

June and 2.2 are not far away, and many players, especially PvP guilds, want to plan ahead for transfers so as for there to not be chaos upon release.

as players have been promised that 2.2 would be free of cartel market content, I would advise using caution if implementing this with 2.2.

Thanks again for the update, if it does come with 2.2 here's hoping that players are understanding about the addition of a long awaited, discussed cartel market option in what is supposed to be a CM-free content patch.

Don't pretend you caught that one mention of it not being about the CM and didn't catch the (soon after) clarification. You have NOT been promised anything!

Did I get that right?

Haha, that's exactly how I would expect them to implement it, given their recent choices.

And when they are released in the same exact way as a Name Change or Legacy Name Change -- I will make sure to come back and point out how absolutely ridiculous you are.

You should really check out the dye system. Or the "Reputation" they engineered for the Cartel Market. Or the battery of gambling packs that exist today.

Like... are we playing the same game LOL? Everything I outlined is ALREADY in game. It's not some tin-foil hat alien conspiracy. LOL. That's how they've been designing stuff for the past 6 months. You should really log in and check it out.

Don't pretend you caught that one mention of it not being about the CM and didn't catch the (soon after) clarification. You have NOT been promised anything!

Honestly, I hadn't seen the retraction/clarification until it was quoted in this thread (in part because there is not "next bioware post"). Thank you for whoever posted it. Beyond that, really I think your post was a tad hostile as I could care less either way, I was just making the point that (and you may have noticed this) the community has a slight tendency to overreact to things.

Haha, that's exactly how I would expect them to implement it, given their recent choices.

It is most likely the same as Character,Legacy,Guild name changing.

You should really check out the dye system. Or the "Reputation" they engineered for the Cartel Market. Or the battery of gambling packs that exist today.

Like... are we playing the same game LOL? Everything I outlined is ALREADY in game. It's not some tin-foil hat alien conspiracy. LOL. That's how they've been designing stuff for the past 6 months. You should really log in and check it out.

Did you not see how they've done things with Character Name changing?

Edited by Alduinsm

Yeah, because Transfers are TOTALLY equivalent to vanity garbage. You're right! Where on earth have I been?!

You should really stop conflating things because you're upset. Seriously. Probably not good for your health to get so upset with a game.

I was just making the point that (and you may have noticed this) the community has a slight tendency to overreact to things.

NO I DONT!!!! Errr...maybe...once...or twice...;)

My apologies for coming off as "hostile" - I figured (incorrectly) that you were trying to pin Eric to a slight wording error that people took far too literally - I'll take errors, corrections and retractions over silence ANY day!

Eric, correct me if I'm wrong you're saying character transfers might be up with Game Update 2.2 but not sure about it ? With THIS ?

As it stands today, our goal is to launch character transfers with Game Update 2.2 .Now, as I noted above, we are still working through some things so please note that this is just our goal and that it is entirely subject to change.

BUT I remember, few days ago, Cory Butler in an Interview with MMORPG.COM :

Cory Butler: Paid Character Transfers were originally slated to be part of Game Update 2.1, but we ran into a few bugs with the new Legacy Achievement system. You can expect Paid Character Transfers to be coming in hot on the heels of Game Update 2.1. No new announcements for paid services to make at this time.

Is there any contradiction or my mind is cheating on me ? for 2.1 but NO ! Legacy Achievement is so much important ! " in hot of the heels" I hoped it will be 1 week or 2 weeks later, but NO ! 1 DAMN MONTH !

Some of us are waiting character transfers since the day you said "It will be up. Soon" At the begging I believed I won't need this, but now, I really don't like the server where the important part of my characters are, and now I need this to enjoy the game like I did.

So I have to wait again, transfering my characters is not for today, not for tomorrow....

"Soon" = " see ya next year folks"

I really hope we'll be allowed to transfer character at 2.2. OH WAIT ! You have a choice to make about how treat subscribers like idiots ? If EAware really like their subs, character transfers should be free for EVERY CHARACTER for a sub. It's not the way you gonna make it, right ? It will be like the Cathars, sub will paid the same price than free players, something like 1000 CC for only one character, every sub who want to transfer character are gonna be screwed, again.

Please Eric, hear the community, do it right!

(sorry if my english is not very good, i'm french)