Old companions not returned and balance of returning companions

Zapminer

So I played both KOTFE and KOTET. I found out that in the storyline, this is the "balance" of returned companions

Jedi Knight: T7-01. And that's it for Jedi Knight.

Jedi Consular: None.

Smuggler: None

Trooper: Aric Jorgan. I don't consider Tanno Vik as a returned companion, since he dosen't join the Alliance. And that's it for Trooper.

Sith Warrior: Vette. And that's it for Sith Warrior.

Sith Inquisitor: None.

Bounty Hunter: Gault Rennow and Torian Cadera. And that's it for Bounty Hunter.

Imperial Agent: Kaliyo D'jannis and SCORPIO.

And that's it for all! Remember, I do not consider returned companions by Alliance Alerts or Yuun, that is returned by the mission "To Find a Findsman".

With that said, there is a HUGE unbalance here!:mad: Bounty Hunter and Imperial Agent were the ones that had most companions returned. WHY? They aren't even the Cannon Classes! The Cannon Classes are Jedi Knight (becuase he killed the Sith Emperor) and Sith Warrior (becuase he is the Emperor's Wrath). This NEEDS balancing!

What I suggest is that you make a new expansion (Rakghoul Plague gets worse, expands beyond Taris, Rakghoul transform into Nekghouls and have an immense power, the Ethernal Alliance needs to stop them? And the Rakghoul Leader is Valkorion) where there are at least 9 chapters. The 8 first to recover the old companions (each chapter has all companions of each class, light and dark) and the 9th to FINISH the Rakghoul Plague (not really, you just set them back all the way to Taris and make it almost impossible for the Plague to leave it). And that's it.:o

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I suggest is that you make a new expansion (Rakghoul Plague gets worse, expands beyond Taris, Rakghoul transform into Nekghouls and have an immense power, the Ethernal Alliance needs to stop them? And the Rakghoul Leader is Valkorion) where there are at least 9 chapters. The 8 first to recover the old companions (each chapter has all companions of each class, light and dark) and the 9th to FINISH the Rakghoul Plague (not really, you just set them back all the way to Taris and make it almost impossible for the Plague to leave it). And that's it.:o

No, no, a million times no!

This is meant to be Star Wars! If I wanted to be thrown into a zombie apocalypse, I'd play Resident Evil.

No Rakghoul BS ever again. Taris was bad enough, but the Rakghoul Events are disgusting evil yuck, and Kaon & Lost Island are just torture.

No. Rakghouls. Ever.

So I played both KOTFE and KOTET. I found out that in the storyline, this is the "balance" of returned companions

Jedi Knight: T7-01. And that's it for Jedi Knight.

Jedi Consular: None.

Smuggler: None

Trooper: Aric Jorgan. I don't consider Tanno Vik as a returned companion, since he dosen't join the Alliance. And that's it for Trooper.

Sith Warrior: Vette. And that's it for Sith Warrior.

Sith Inquisitor: None.

Bounty Hunter: Gault Rennow and Torian Cadera. And that's it for Bounty Hunter.

Imperial Agent: Kaliyo D'jannis and SCORPIO.

And that's it for all! Remember, I do not consider returned companions by Alliance Alerts or Yuun, that is returned by the mission "To Find a Findsman".

With that said, there is a HUGE unbalance here!:mad: Bounty Hunter and Imperial Agent were the ones that had most companions returned. WHY? They aren't even the Cannon Classes! The Cannon Classes are Jedi Knight (becuase he killed the Sith Emperor) and Sith Warrior (becuase he is the Emperor's Wrath). This NEEDS balancing!

Umm, you are very wrong. The following list is who we have back so far. You are missing many because you have not included Alliance Alerts Missions:

Jedi Knight: T7 and Sgt. Rusk

Jedi Consular: Qyzen Fess

Smuggler: Bowdaar, Languss Tuno

Trooper: Aric Jorgan, M1-4X, Sgt. Yuun (Tanno Vik but cannot recruit)

Sith Warrior: Vette, Lt. Pierce

Sith Inquisitor: Talos Drellik, Xalek

Imperial Agent: Kaliyo Djannis, Dr. Eckard Lokin, Scorpio

Bounty Hunter: Gault Rennow, Torian Cadera, Blizz, Skadge

Keep in mind that ALL vanilla companions that cannot be retrievd from Alliance Alert Missions are retrievable from the terminal in the commander's quarters on Odesson.

So we have 21/40 of the companions back so far, that is only half which is pretty sad!

No, no, a million times no!

This is meant to be Star Wars! If I wanted to be thrown into a zombie apocalypse, I'd play Resident Evil.

No Rakghoul BS ever again. Taris was bad enough, but the Rakghoul Events are disgusting evil yuck, and Kaon & Lost Island are just torture.

No. Rakghouls. Ever.

/this.

So this is the list of the missing companions:

PUBS

JK: Kira Carsen, Lord Scourge, Doc (=3...)

JC: Nadia Grell, Tharan Cedrax, Felix Iresso, Zenith (=4!...)

TR: Elara Dorn (=1!!)

SM: Risha Drayen, Akaavi Spar, Corso Riggs (=3...)

IMPS:

SW: Jaesa Willsaam, Malavai Quinn (=2 because Broonmark is back)

SI: Ashara Zavros, Adronikos Revel (=2-3... because Khem Val isn't back but it seems to me that his very replacement is the Dashade ... though we can't be sure and personally I'm suspicious about Khem-Val's whereabouts and his future!)

IA: Ensign Raina Temple, Vector Hyllus (=2)

BH: Mako (=1!!...)

Well, there is obviously -at least- one pattern here: all the romance interests (without any exception) are either hidden or kidnapped and the like... Why did they go hiding? It's not justifiable, therefore I tend to figure that there is something deeper here...

Another pattern: there is always one more missing companion with the exception of the "dual classes" of TR and BH.

What's about the second missing companion and his role? And why neither the BH nor the TR have this second missing companion?!?

There is another pattern, a third one: something has "happened" to the companions of the Republic Classes, namely the JK, the JC (!) and even the SM... Doc was nice, Corso Riggs was also likable, not to mention the JC's extra missing companions...

And last but not least: what about the Dashade and Khem-Val?!?

Edited by cunctatorg

I think that whatever companions have not returned should be class specific.

I highly doubt that any republic character would want to have malavai as a companion.

The way it should be done is to make a 20 to 60 minute story depending on what class you are (bounty hunter being 20 mins because it only needs one companion and consular being about an hour because it needs 4).

I think that whatever companions have not returned should be class specific.

I highly doubt that any republic character would want to have malavai as a companion.

The way it should be done is to make a 20 to 60 minute story depending on what class you are (bounty hunter being 20 mins because it only needs one companion and consular being about an hour because it needs 4).

Totally disagree. :p Some might want Quinn. Maybe he goes Rep side!

I'd like to see all of the original companions return.

Plus you can change their appearance. I don't know why the ability to customize the KOTFE/KOTET companions were taken away.

Except for Shae Vizsla (?sp) it was not taken away. Lana & Co. could NEVER wear different gear. And SV's gear slots were a bug anyway.

But yes, they should have *given* us that ability.

So this is the list of the missing companions:

PUBS

JK: Kira Carsen, Lord Scourge, Doc (=3...)

JC: Nadia Grell, Tharan Cedrax, Felix Iresso, Zenith (=4!...)

TR: Elara Dorn (=1!!)

SM: Risha Drayen, Akaavi Spar, Corso Riggs (=3...)

IMPS:

SW: Jaesa Willsaam, Malavai Quinn (=2 because Broonmark is back)

SI: Ashara Zavros, Adronikos Revel (=2-3... because Khem Val isn't back but it seems to me that his very replacement is the Dashade ... though we can't be sure and personally I'm suspicious about Khem-Val's whereabouts and his future!)

IA: Ensign Raina Temple, Vector Hyllus (=2)

BH: Mako (=1!!...)

Well, there is obviously -at least- one pattern here: all the romance interests (without any exception) are either hidden or kidnapped and the like... Why did they go hiding? It's not justifiable, therefore I tend to figure that there is something deeper here...

Another pattern: there is always one more missing companion with the exception of the "dual classes" of TR and BH.

What's about the second missing companion and his role? And why neither the BH nor the TR have this second missing companion?!?

There is another pattern, a third one: something has "happened" to the companions of the Republic Classes, namely the JK, the JC (!) and even the SM... Doc was nice, Corso Riggs was also likable, not to mention the JC's extra missing companions...

And last but not least: what about the Dashade and Khem-Val?!?

Ummm, you're incorrect about the romance options. You could romance Vette, Aric, Torian, and Kaliyo.

That said, a lot of them are missing.

I think its safe to say that the devs aren't putting all of their eggs in two baskets for companions. There will be further expansions and more companions available in them.

• 5 weeks later...

Well, it seems like they don't wanna bring back the romanceable characters through simple alliance missions which is good imo. So they will either bring them back in the next expansion or the left ones are only obtianable for their specific class. Like they said, the other Dashade is so everyone can have an awesome Dashade following them. But why don't just bring back Khem? So i heard of the theory that a few characters are still class specific, like only the SI will get Khem back, Jaessa will only return to the SW and so on.

Btw I think Kira and DS Jaessa would make a great duo, one turned from the DS to the LS and the other one the other way around. And both are almost same age and padawan/apprentice of the player.

Edited by ThePsyEagle

So, how many LIs are still missing? It must be quite a writing challenge to come up with so many different reasons these companions could not get in touch with you. Plus how each one will be killable when they do return.

(And why do I have this image in my head of Kira and Vector together, as if Kira joined the killiks to make sure she wouldn't fall to the dark side after the knight disappeared. Completely random and sadistic, I know, sorry.)

--

Oh man.. Vector, he'll be killable someday, how awful :( I mean I've had time to come to terms with Quinn dying, but Vector? I just can't even..

Edited by grania

So, how many LIs are still missing? It must be quite a writing challenge to come up with so many different reasons these companions could not get in touch with you. Plus how each one will be killable when they do return.

Oh man.. Vector, he'll be killable someday, how awful :( I mean I've had time to come to terms with Quinn dying, but Vector? I just can't even..

Still missing: Kira and Doc for JK, Nadia and Felix for JC, Elara for TR, Corso, Risha and Akaavi for SM, Malavai and Jaesa for SW, Andronikos and Ashara for SI, Vector and Raina for IA, Mako for BH. So... 15 LIs. I think. I'm not good with math.

(It just occured to me that almost no one seems to care about Mako. I mean I've never seen her name come up in such discussions. Maybe)

But do we know for sure that all LIs will be killable? It would be so... You know... :(

I mean, Vector :t_redface:

Still missing: Kira and Doc for JK, Nadia and Felix for JC, Elara for TR, Corso, Risha and Akaavi for SM, Malavai and Jaesa for SW, Andronikos and Ashara for SI, Vector and Raina for IA, Mako for BH. So... 15 LIs. I think. I'm not good with math.

(It just occured to me that almost no one seems to care about Mako. I mean I've never seen her name come up in such discussions. Maybe)

I saw a post in the General Discussion section about a week ago about someone threatening to unsub if Mako doesn't return, usually these posts are about Kira or more popular companions so I was surprised to see a Mako thread. Poor Raina I've seen her get no love at all. :o

I just want Kira and Jaesa to return as important story characters.

Important for SW and JK, but not for the other classes, for example BH never crossed path with either of them, so i dare to question their " importance". Yes, Kira was a Child of the emperor, but she was not in the last two expansions, her appearance would have made a lot of sense.

Jaesa? how is she important for a non SW character? In the story, she is just a fallen jedi, but nothing more, again i dare to question her so-called power to see the true nature of a person - on Taris she pretends to see the traitors among a group of soldiers, big deal to see the guilt on someone's face.. you dont need special powers for that. . Not connected to the Children of the emperor, to Acina, to Satele or to any other really important character., so what makes her so "important" ? Besides being a LI, nothing.