Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, about skipping Kotfe-Kotet..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So, about skipping Kotfe-Kotet..

Rion_Starkiller
09.10.2018 , 01:15 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthCasus View Post
I know we can have more options than skipping both long, corridor based, walker-dragging-the-narrative-having, 'choice are important', poorly rewarded expansions with the default choices across the board being depending on what faction you are. Surely you good people at BioWare Austin can implement some sort of line of choices memory sequence before starting off where you're skipping to? I feel like the general consensus about the expansions are they're worth touching at least once (usually NOT on people's mains) but are a slog to run through again.

I personally enjoyed the stories the first time to some extent (Kotfe was a drag through and through) but now that some companions are back, is it really fair to have all choices defaulted to say Dark side on a Light side Imperial who up to then was being played as a pragmatic unifier? Having to run all through Kotfe to reconnect with Kaliyo (9 chapters!) to realize the romance trigger didn't work at all was.. something. And that's just on my 4th OG toon running through this hot trash.

Sorry about rambling but is it possible to get some sort of Mass Effect/Dragon Age Origin/Tapestry for these two expansions? Having it the way it currently is heavily discourages alting if you care even the slightest about certain classes (since reunions are arguably the best parts of these things) but you have to slog until reaching certain points.
+1

I still haven't passed the 1st walker chapter in KotET. What a slog.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(,,,,)(\/) ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

Galahard
09.10.2018 , 01:24 PM | #22
This. So much this.

After 3.5 playthroughs of KotET and 4 playthroughs of KotFE, I find myself rather playing through Makeb again, which is saying something, because Makeb is one story for all classes, but even then, at least my different companions react differently in each area.

I think I played all possible MAJOR variations of KotFE/KotET what I wanted.

On my other alts going forward, I still want to make those choices, like romancing Lana/Theron etc. but I don't feel like going through 25-40 hours of content again for a few story choice clicks.
And it's not the cutscenes, they are great after the nth time too.

The choices could be done on a google poll like interface, for all I care.
Your lack of intelligence is insulting (SCORPIO).

Sinhammer
09.10.2018 , 02:37 PM | #23
I did it on my main and have zero interest in ever doing it again. Just too many reasons why it's too horrendous to run again. I have like 17 or 18 level 70 toons and have never started it on another, it's that bad. I would love this kind of a checklist option. It's why I like getting to level 55(?) and having multiple options story-wise. If I don't feel like doing Makeb for the 100th time I can just skip it and go do SoR or something.
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.
----Darth Wolfhammer Hellstorm of Star Forge----

SteveTheCynic
09.10.2018 , 03:05 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
Your personal RP anecdote aside, the aforementioned waste is being locked out of playing everything prior to level 60 and having no choice in the advanced character's background you're creating. Whereas having a world state editor available would alleviate that.
You asked why anyone would want to create an insta60. I gave you a reason, something (personally) useful to me, but I wouldn't call it RP. I don't do RP.

Whatever.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

SteveTheCynic
09.10.2018 , 03:07 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Galahard View Post
because Makeb is one story for all classes
Makeb is two stories, one for Republic classes and an almost completely different one for Imperial classes.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Galahard
09.10.2018 , 03:11 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Makeb is two stories, one for Republic classes and an almost completely different one for Imperial classes.
yeah, you're right, still no class specific content, what I was trying to mean (other than the class specific companion reactions).
Your lack of intelligence is insulting (SCORPIO).

annabethchase
09.10.2018 , 05:30 PM | #27
Has it been stated on the livestream if we can skip to the new content this fall? Are the new planet and dailies going to be gated behind 2 expansions worth of content?
Thinking about subbing? Use this link to help us both out http://www.swtor.com/r/3txb7F

FlameYOL
09.10.2018 , 05:37 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
Has it been stated on the livestream if we can skip to the new content this fall? Are the new planet and dailies going to be gated behind 2 expansions worth of content?
No they haven't, but considering Iokath perhaps we'll have to go through the traitor arc first or just go straight to 5.10
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

DarthCasus
09.10.2018 , 11:03 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Batwer View Post
...... then you should let the game be completely. If you can create a char and even mark the romances etc. Why then play? I'm in favor of skipping Kotfe + Kotet. But then people should also live with what is given to them.
The issue is having to play it multiple times to get to the few significant parts. It's far too much, especially with the horrible mechanics they implemented to drag chapters on. It's a shame too, because the atmosphere and art used to create each of these chapters is awesome. I'd even have liked the Vaylin party chapter if they turn sprint on and allowed us to run whichever comp we wanted but switched to Theron for the cutscenes. But we don't have those.

So many things can help alleviate the issue and I don't think we should roll over and take the negatives with a half thought out feature such as skipping. We'd use the tokens to reach the content we want to play. Many of us already playing said toons who are of level or gear range to tackle harder content or picking up with a traditional Imp vs Pub story line. I don't understand why you think a half thought out implementation is what we should keep.
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshal
I know your part of the "Forum Apologist Five" group but stop

IanArgent
09.11.2018 , 06:13 AM | #30
They would have to build a "save editor" that fits into the game's UI. And then they'd have to make it bulletproof.

Anyone who was around for 4.x ought to remember how many bugs were related to "character flags being wonky." Nice idea, not gonna happen, at least not in any plausible world.

Decisions made in what I'm going to call "Betrayal of the Alliance" arc (Iokath through Nathema) have been confirmed to affect the next story arc by statements in the live stream discussing the Fall roadmap. It was asked if people who chose the cross faction options would truly cross faction, and the answer was "no, but that decision will affect things in the next story."
You want Things? Do some Work. Find me on Star Forge
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't