Europe Awakes

KakitaHoshi

Dear Bioware, Bioware Europe

Personally, i think the staggered launch was a good idea.

Also, I understand that there is a cutoff point each day, where you want to go home, have some rest, and let a skeleton crew run things until the major part of staff gets back and gets things rolling again.

However, what i do not understand is that why, now that launch is here, Bioware Europe is held back by US office times.

The European Servers are almost empty. Who is on there, has moved on from the starting areas. Bioware Europe staff is clocking in as I write.

Why isn't Bioware Europe getting it's next share of invites? Why are they held back?

Here in Europe, were the working day just started, there is absolutly no reason not to have another wave of invites.

I ask this, not only because I am very anxious to start playing on my day off - wich i didn't take for the game, it IS my day off, my version of weekend. Not everyone works Mo-Fri 9-5 - but also for another reason, wich is important to me, and i think many Europeans

That reason is the following question: Will Europeans get European based and timed service, and it is a valid one. I know you are an US based company, but you have an Bioware Europe office, and European servers.

Based on that, we expect, and reasonably so, service wich caters to us.

Be honest, you would find it weird if a US based mercedes dealer would only operate during European workhours, would you not?

So please, inform us Europeans why our service, for wich we DO pay, is tied to US hours.

Oh, and to all posters: Thank you for staying civil in this thread!

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point, and certainly this is the case in every US mmo I've played, it's taken time before the EU get's it own time schedual for patches and reboots etc, it will take much moaning from the EU player base for this to happen, at least from previous experience.

We won't get any emails untill 2pm today, we will just have to deal with that, this is their baby and they are dealing with the rollout.

USA is the only region that counts, everywhere else can go get stuffed.

- Official Bioware policy

Look at the server listings and see who got the most servers,

During BETA the fools at Bioware thought Europe should get ONE English server and 4 - 5 French / German servers.

Then they expanded that English selection to: 3

Then they expanded that English selection to: 5

Pro-tip -

The UK alone has 60 Million people in it.

It takes a special kind if idiot to think ONE English server is going to service EUROPE but BW have demonstrated this stupidity enough times to make it clear they have no interest in considering Europe as anything less than a bonus to their PRIMARY playerbase which is the US.

I fully agree with you.

It's 10:19 AM in Eastern Europe. I will start working late night at 22:00.

I see empty servers and lots of people waiting for their access.

This proves me that in life, there is no balance, only extremes: some at launch flood the servers making launch day unplayable and frustrating, Bioware trying to avoid that kept the servers way underpopulated.

Can't there be a middle path??? :confused::(

Will Europeans get European based and timed service, and it is a valid one. I know you are an US based company, but you have an Bioware Europe office, and European servers.

Based on that, we expect, and reasonably so, service which caters to us.

Be honest, you would find it weird if a US based mercedes dealer would only operate during European workhours, would you not?

So please, inform us Europeans why our service, for which we DO pay, is tied to US hours.

This is an excellent question - seeing as BW seem intent on running every facet of the game so far in accordance with American hours - I am hoping that they will not stick us with US hours of service!

Although i do believe that they are sending those EGA invites eqaully to both sides of the ocean, its kinda weird that we have to wait on our EGA till late evening. Especially when we have to get up for work next morning and cant play as much during the nighttime.

Was it stated somewhere that European invites have to start at 9:00 in the morning? Does it really matter when they start or end?

:confused:

I believe it does matter. This is not only about EGA rather than about providing service to EU as a whole.

Im thankful that we have the same launch day for example. But im curious about these timezones.

This is an excellent question - seeing as BW seem intent on running every facet of the game so far in accordance with American hours - I am hoping that they will not stick us with US hours of service!

They probably will. It happens with most MMORPG's out there.

When Americans go to bed the servers go down for maintenance. For Europe maintenance will occur during day time mostly.

Edited by Amberres

Was it stated somewhere that European invites have to start at 9:00 in the morning? Does it really matter when they start or end?

:confused:

Considering the 6 to 9 hours of time difference (with CET) it does actually matter.

I'm not saying we should have had EGA sooner in general, but the Second day and onwards they should have kept the EU in mind more.

Edited by XionoraSoulfire

Dear Bioware, Bioware Europe

Personally, i think the staggered launch was a good idea.

Also, I understand that there is a cutoff point each day, where you want to go home, have some rest, and let a skeleton crew run things until the major part of staff gets back and gets things rolling again.

However, what i do not understand is that why, now that launch is here, Bioware Europe is held back by US office times.

The European Servers are almost empty. Who is on there, has moved on from the starting areas. Bioware Europe staff is clocking in as I write.

Why isn't Bioware Europe getting it's next share of invites? Why are they held back?

Here in Europe, were the working day just started, there is absolutly no reason not to have another wave of invites.

I ask this, not only because I am very anxious to start playing on my day off - wich i didn't take for the game, it IS my day off, my version of weekend. Not everyone works Mo-Fri 9-5 - but also for another reason, wich is important to me, and i think many Europeans

That reason is the following question: Will Europeans get European based and timed service, and it is a valid one. I know you are an US based company, but you have an Bioware Europe office, and European servers.

Based on that, we expect, and reasonably so, service wich caters to us.

So please, inform us Europeans why our service, for wich we DO pay, is tied to US hours.

THIS..why the **** should we sit and waite for the Americans to wake up from there beauty sleep and go to work....at that time its afternoon in europa make no sence.

You'd think that EU being a significantly larger market then US might make a difference.

Or the fact that they make more money from Europe than US. Business 1 on 1. It would be foolish not to change maintenance time for Europe and I'm sure it will happen.

Edited by Draecon

I remember european support on Warhammer Online and Aion and if the pattern continues I'm surely one of many, that will unsubscribe due to the lack of customer service. It's not that I'm raging or hating, I'm just not all that keen on paying for something I don't get.

The problem is, that, obviously, you need a lot of staff to handle something like the whole pre-access deal they're dealing with right now, so I'd expect Bioware to handle this using their best and most competent employees. That's probably the reason behind the US office handling it. The EU office is new and after GOA's performance I'd stick with my office too ;).

Best regards,

Kalantris

It's the same with every MMO I have experienced so far, even Age of Conan which was created in Scandinavia made everything run around the United States. It would have been a huge surprise if Bioware acted any different in this regard.

Ah well, I doubt that will ever change...

Just my 2cent on Server's-EU

I Think BW have a damn Great job untill now.!! They are doing a smooth EGA

Hint last night when i chech server list ( EU-servers) they where all FULL

Soo dont say EU dont get waves of inv ;-)

Ps. I dit not get in yet, but hey its only a Game ;-)

Edited by Skyrider_dk

*waves hello to fellow EU'ers* 8.30am here and Im red eyed and snotty nosed. WAY better than bright eyed and bushy tailed.

I agree with OP, so Can I get in now please? :D Promise I dont want a US server. Cant wait to play where events will happen in my OWN time! After 3 years of PWI stuck with US servers and US events I never had access too.

Just my 2cent on Server's-EU

I Think BW have a damn Great job untill now.!! They are doing a smooth EGA

Hint last night when i chech server list ( EU-servers) they where all FULL

Soo dont say EU dont get waves of inv ;-)

Ps. I dit not get in yet, but hey its only a Game ;-)

Nobody is saying europeans don't get their waves, but that the waves are based around US work hours. Big difference.