Why are FP DECOS guaranteed in solo mode, but seem to never drop in groups?

Hierodule

Wouldn't it make sense to have decos drop in group mode to at least give an incentive to group for FPs?

I realized this seemed backwards when I started grinding solo Blood Hunt just to stock up on Gear decos. It means I'm not queueing

Edited by Hierodule

Because in a group fp people would argue over them as you would have to take a chance on a roll to get them while in solo you don't have to argue over them. While it sounds nice to have them in group fp as well that is the main problem with decoration dropping in group fp.

And some groups don't want to play fair when there is more than one decoration in a flashpoint. While we have a rule, you get a decoration on a roll you are ineligible to roll for another one, some groups don't do this and therefore at times only one person gets the decorations and therefore people get tired of doing groups that don't have rules on decorations so it is easier for people when they are just wanting to decorations to do it solo.

Edited by casirabit

Agreeing with Casi. In groups only one person gets the deco and there can be arguments, so the effort isn't rewarded equally. Even when playing with friends, I've lost out on decos I've wanted.

IMHO It's not deterring anything. People who enjoy running in a pack and grouping with strangers will; those who don't, won't, regardless of the rewards. When they didn't offer the decos in solo mode I just bought them through the GTN because I surely wasn't going to group with strangers and fight over decos that may or may not drop.

Instead of getting mad about that being a part of the solo flashpoints now, campaign for the same to be added to MM and VM guaranteed rewards.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Because in a group fp people would argue over them as you would have to take a chance on a roll to get them while in solo you don't have to argue over them. While it sounds nice to have them in group fp as well that is the main problem with decoration dropping in group fp.

Lol, never in my swtor years has anyone argued over an FP decoration, or mount, or any other unique drop. Ever.

We roll for the item like any other. And move on.

Also they do drop on group FP. But the drop rate is abysmally small.

Edited by Kiesu

Lol, never in my swtor years has anyone argued over an FP decoration, or mount, or any other unique drop. Ever.

We roll for the item like any other. And move on.

Also they do drop on group FP. But the drop rate is abysmally small.

It's not argued over, but I won't play content that I don't have a decent reward. So years ago, a good way to get decorations was in group FP's so I ran them a ton more.