Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Weapon tunings: You NEED it!"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
"Weapon tunings: You NEED it!"

Gokkus
04.26.2016 , 06:42 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Knorlac View Post
Sure, I want them to stay profitable as opposed to shutting the servers down, but not at any price. I wouldn't have the slightest problem with them flooding the game with shiny things that people will spend 100s of $ on if I felt that their release cadence of content of all varieties was adequate for 15$ a month.
Right now I feel like EA is feeding them just enough $$$ to produce the absolute minimum amount of content needed to remain profitable.
If EA was really invested in this product, they would have granted BW enough staff to work on all areas of the game (story/repeatable PvE content/PvP) simultaneously.
Now see that is something we definitely agree on. Making all the heroics and FPs worthwhile again was nice, but how about some new ones, or quest areas or anything but railroaded story. That seems a different discussion however.

I feel that the above is unrelated to new cash shop items coming out. I really do not think that they can simply work on more content instead of the cashshop items and everything will be dandy.
Jolee: I did it all for the Wookiees.
Revan: The Wookiees?
Jolee: The Wookiees!

Knorlac
04.26.2016 , 06:53 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Gokkus View Post

I feel that the above is unrelated to new cash shop items coming out. I really do not think that they can simply work on more content instead of the cashshop items and everything will be dandy.
You're probably right, although implementing this new tunings system must have cost a lot more resources than churning out their next run of the mill speeder or lightsaber.
I guess all I wanted to say is that I'd be a lot more excited about announcements like this, if I was more content with the game as a whole.

Starleash
04.26.2016 , 07:02 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ArkhaanPremiare View Post
They put the least amount of effort possible for everything they do. Just one short and lazy KOTFE chapter each month and useless, pointless crap that you're highly unlikely to get after purchasing a dlc pack.
Making a new chapter in the stoyrline is not easier than creating a new operation. Adding such features like weapon tuning doesn't take any less effort than, say creating new companions/mounts/etc. And I find it hard to believe that weapon tuning items will be available only from the new packs.

What I AM worried about is the number of bugs we will see with these new features...
My referral link (subscribers that use it get juicy rewards):
http://www.swtor.com/r/mcVFsz

Gokkus
04.26.2016 , 07:03 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Knorlac View Post
You're probably right, although implementing this new tunings system must have cost a lot more resources than churning out their next run of the mill speeder or lightsaber.
I guess all I wanted to say is that I'd be a lot more excited about announcements like this, if I was more content with the game as a whole.
Yeah I can understand that. Honestly, weapon tuning doesnt seem all that special to me. Hope Im wrong though and that it will have been worth the time.
Jolee: I did it all for the Wookiees.
Revan: The Wookiees?
Jolee: The Wookiees!

XiamaraSimi
04.26.2016 , 07:04 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Gokkus View Post
I am pretty sure that the people working on content/improvements are not the same people making cashshop items so what you are saying makes no sense.

Or maybe you would rather have the cashshop item making people join the content/improvement team. At which point they will have less income and will probably have to fire staff.

Be glad they are trying to make money because that does not only keep the game alive, it also determines how much money there is for actual content.

Being surprised that a business is trying to make money...maybe pay better attention in class next time.
Pretty much this. Im sure Art guy Bob has vast knowledge of how to think up, design, and implement operations and warzones...

Its rather like getting mad the janitor at mcdonalds wont drop the toilet scrubber and make you a big mac because there is a line and you want it right naow!

Remember, EA only cares about making money, so no matter how much we might want something "grand" to be made for us, they will authorize what is easiest, cheapest, and least time consuming so having an art guy quickly make a sparkle effect that they -know- will sell as shown by the demand for the Arbiter sabers, they will always go with the "quick and easy" thing to sell while the time consuming projects are worrked on.

Again, different people work on different things, do you -really want the janitor making your big mac?

Thoronmir
04.26.2016 , 07:58 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by XiamaraSimi View Post
do you -really want the janitor making your big mac?
That depends. Will he wash his hands first? After all, stacking a Big Mac ain't much higher on the Ladder-O-Skills than mopping floors. I've never made a Big Mac, but I believe I'd get it right the first try. What I don't want is the hospital janitor dropping his mop to do a job I'd rather my doctor do (e.g., prostate exam?).

I don't see how anything is a waste of time for developers if enough players want it and are willing to fund it. So, we'll see. If the tunings lay dormant ... untouched, unsought, and unwanted ... then, yes, they were a waste of time and resources. If players clamor for them by buying scads of hypercrates, then tunings were a worthwhile investment of said time and resources.

I'm on record for despising eggplant. I won't eat it. My only eggplant-related regret is not figuring out sooner that I control what I eat ... not my Mother. But, I'm proud to say that I'm 40-years eggplant-free this month. I think I deserve a chip or something. My eternal fight against eggplant doesn't require that I chide restaurants for offering eggplant on their menus. I don't pitch a fit, demanding to know why the restaurant wasted its time and resources purchasing eggplants and devising allegedly tasty dishes for the eggplants. I don't condemn their actions on the basis that that time and money would have been better invested purchasing foods and preparing meals I like to eat. Every Eggplant Parmesan is one less Chimichanga they could have made. But, I hear there are folks who actually like eggplant (those poor, misguided fools ).
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Becky Pepper never forgets

Rantank
04.26.2016 , 08:07 AM | #27
How do you feel about imaginary eggplants http://i.imgur.com/UNloL3i.jpg
War is when your government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when the people finally realize who the real enemy is. ― Anonymous

Frenesi
04.26.2016 , 09:00 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
Or you can wait 36 hours and buy one off the GTN. It ain't rocket science.
Those were bought by somebody though. Bioware gets its cash anyway, if not off you.

And before somebody says "CM team is different from devs" - this isn't your regular CM crap. It's new feature, and as such, it requires new coding... the same coding that could have went into something playable. **** ops at this point, just ANYTHING playable. Not bunch of WZs that break PVP queues by their very presense. Bugfixes at least.

Yet here it is. Weapon tuning. CM gambling exclusive "me wantz" shinie.
I just dropped in
To see in what condition my condition was in

Referal with some free crap.

AlienEyeTX
04.26.2016 , 09:21 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
Or you can wait 36 hours and buy one off the GTN. It ain't rocket science.

They just put out hours and hours of story content, and two new PvP warzones. Take a chill pill.
^This.

And EC is dropping. And they made the change to instances.

So, it's not that they aren't working on things. They just aren't working on what OP wants. Then again, nobody knows what he wants because all he does is complain about everything.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

Tsillah
04.26.2016 , 09:27 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ArkhaanPremiare View Post
I don't drink or smoke that crap, I'm a law abiding citizen. I just wish people would wake the hell up. When DCUO was doing this crap, their fans didn't put up with it. It's ridiculous that you people think this crap is okay.
Why do you care about what other people do?

Maybe they don't need to wake up because they have another opinion on the matter.

What's ridiculous, is that you think you have the truth for everybody.
Referral link for some extras: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB