Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TORHEAD gone?

peter_plankskull
03.22.2016 , 03:31 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightblazer View Post
Some people don't read the date or its just too difficult.
Some people don't like making good posts or its just to difficult.

Either use the search function for the forums and find a old thread and post in there and get bashed, or make a new thread and be bashed and told to use the search function.

Double edged sword.

BenduKundalini
03.23.2016 , 01:52 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by peter_plankskull View Post
Some people don't like making good posts or its just to difficult.

Either use the search function for the forums and find a old thread and post in there and get bashed, or make a new thread and be bashed and told to use the search function.

Double edged sword.
Dunno, they must be afraid the power of necro will come to eat their brains at nght or sumtin ^^'

Rasticles
03.23.2016 , 03:30 PM | #43
Here is why we do not have good Data sites.... Anyone around since Closed Beta will know this.....

EAWare refuses to allow datamined data to be disclosed, used, in any manner or form. We in the CB begged for a data export so we may have a site like WoWhead.... got shot down in flames. Like a lot of other stuff back in CB.

The secret to WoWHead's success is that Blizzard essentially welcomes it, and the game gets a huge boost from this endless data available at your finger tips. LAst I heard, WoWHead gets a data stream FROM Blizzard.

This meant that TorHead, and ANY other site attempting to populate their site with data, will have to count on the users and community to populate the site. Yes, manually entering crap. Sorry, but... screw that.

That, is why TorHead died. Simply not enough users manually entering data to keep the site up to date. I'd have said screw it too. IF the game dev's won't support a high value asset like this, well, make up your own minds.

branmakmuffin
03.23.2016 , 04:02 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by MiguelGx View Post
Wow what necro guy!
What's your point? We all know it's a necro. You just want us to know that you know it's a necro? OK, we know. Congratulations on your forum savvy.

Gguyrules
04.26.2016 , 06:48 AM | #45
late reply,but i do miss torhead...it was alot more organized then most sites these days and always gave you the right item...

like if i click one of the links from tor fashion...it links me to a totally incorrect item O_O,and even those have barley any usefull info on them

EXCaptain of the Black Nexu pirates
Progenitor rp server

KyaniteD
04.26.2016 , 06:55 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Gguyrules View Post
late reply,but i do miss torhead...it was alot more organized then most sites these days and always gave you the right item...

like if i click one of the links from tor fashion...it links me to a totally incorrect item O_O,and even those have barley any usefull info on them
Have you tried torcommunity's database?
Darkvs.Light:
Shepard Effect ᶩ彡
Donate your referral to
Dulfy / MMO-Fashion TORCommunityMe

dr_mike
04.26.2016 , 11:14 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by KyaniteD View Post
Have you tried torcommunity's database?
You can also drop URL's into https://archive.org to pull up individual pages. That's what I do to check companions likes and dislikes on responses.

I actually have a torhead mirror stored on an external some where. Did give some thought about using the mission data on a new site.
Who knows what lurks in the minds of those crazy Sith....
1% gets donated to unemployed Jawas living on Hoth

Damask_Rose
04.26.2016 , 11:24 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Gguyrules View Post

If you find incorrect information on TORfashion, send in a correction and Exile will get it fixed. The vast majority of her info is correct, which is impressive considering how much changed with 4.0. The more help she gets from the community, the better the site will be. Be part of the solution!

Kluckhead
04.26.2016 , 12:50 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by dr_mike View Post
You can also drop URL's into https://archive.org to pull up individual pages. That's what I do to check companions likes and dislikes on responses.

I actually have a torhead mirror stored on an external some where. Did give some thought about using the mission data on a new site.

This site is great, but loading pages can be slow. If your doing class missions, just click the comments section to get the link for the next quest. Also some of the pages may be missing.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150317...w.torhead.com/

Hope this helps