Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TORHEAD gone?

Aries_cz
06.11.2015 , 10:55 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Saxxonknight View Post
And chore it is, when I have a half hour to play, I can't just go turn in or pick up more quests because the time involved is substantial. Makes for slow progress etc.
If you play in 30 minute intervals, RPGs, and especially MMORPGs, might not the the right thing for you...
Supreme Commander of all riots yet to come
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

Thoronmir
06.11.2015 , 01:00 PM | #22
Yes, and its time consuming and boring. Honestly one of the worst aspects of the game to me as it makes quest pickup and turn ins take 10x as much time as they should to get the most out of them. On the basic level, its one of those design elements that the developers have failed at - you don't want to have any aspect of your game become a major chore.

And chore it is, when I have a half hour to play, I can't just go turn in or pick up more quests because the time involved is substantial. Makes for slow progress etc.

Its the flaws like this, unaddressed, that have cost SWTOR its potentially large client base.
You're joking, right? Having all missions voice acted is one of the allures of SWTOR. When you only have 30 minutes to play, you can easily turn in or pick up more missions. You sure as heck can't actually complete any missions in that limited time. But, yes, you absolutely log in, select your character, enter the game, travel to the mission NPC, and obtain/conclude a mission in 30 minutes or less. You don't even have to space-bar your way through the convo.

As for the affection gain/loss from convos, Torhead was always handy for that. But you eventually learn what pleases or perturbs your companion. I haven't felt the need to check Torhead during a convo in a long time.

branmakmuffin
06.11.2015 , 01:03 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Thoronmir View Post
You're joking, right? Having all missions voice acted is one of the allures of SWTOR.
Exactly. Complaining about the fully voiced nature of TOR is like going into a vegan restaurant and complaining you can't get a hamburger.

soppp
06.11.2015 , 01:16 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by fidothegran View Post
This game (and Bioware along with it) has become a joke among "gamers". People have it in their mind that SWTOR has failed hard, and will probably go offline within a year anyway. Thing is, these same people were saying the same thing two and a half years ago. Fansites think it's "cool" to support the games that so-called "gamers" play (usually either indie horror games or moronic copy-and-paste zombie FPS that have ridiculously advanced graphics and an over-the-top gore system), and thus SWTOR is one of the first ones to go off the list. Also, hating EA is the "hip" thing to do nowadays.
But i like this game.

Rafaman
06.11.2015 , 01:28 PM | #25
Yes, and its time consuming and boring. Honestly one of the worst aspects of the game to me as it makes quest pickup and turn ins take 10x as much time as they should to get the most out of them. On the basic level, its one of those design elements that the developers have failed at - you don't want to have any aspect of your game become a major chore.

Its the flaws like this, unaddressed, that have cost SWTOR its potentially large client base.
I think what you are looking for is an arcade. Dave and Busters is that way --->

WorldSmasher
06.11.2015 , 01:37 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post

I think what you are looking for is an arcade. Dave and Busters is that way --->
Or if you prefer..... Chuck e Cheese is <----- that way.

The_Wulff
06.11.2015 , 01:56 PM | #27
My personal problem with Torhead being gone is that nobody has anywhere near the amount of data on level1-50 items that they had.

I know there are other projects and sites out there but if I want to know where this one obscure item drops from and all of it's stats and if it is bop or boe I am out of luck. Just for example one of my favorite pieces Prototype Adarian Layered Tunic (I know where to get it and so forth) isn't on either tor community nor tor fashion. With the new outfit designer the old disposable gear now has a real use for appearance throughout the game. It's sad that we don't have an easy reference for them anymore.

AshlaBoga
06.11.2015 , 02:18 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
Exactly. Complaining about the fully voiced nature of TOR is like going into a vegan restaurant and complaining you can't get a hamburger.
^

/5char
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

LyraineAlei
06.11.2015 , 03:13 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Wulff View Post
My personal problem with Torhead being gone is that nobody has anywhere near the amount of data on level1-50 items that they had.

I know there are other projects and sites out there but if I want to know where this one obscure item drops from and all of it's stats and if it is bop or boe I am out of luck. Just for example one of my favorite pieces Prototype Adarian Layered Tunic (I know where to get it and so forth) isn't on either tor community nor tor fashion. With the new outfit designer the old disposable gear now has a real use for appearance throughout the game. It's sad that we don't have an easy reference for them anymore.
Eek. And those projects were mostly dropped because people preferred Torhead too.

It was the best source for min/max for AP loss/gain with comps (if you didn't want to go the Gift way)

Saxxonknight
06.13.2015 , 03:16 AM | #30
Catering to the pack of you is perhaps the worst decision they made.

A) I am not complaining about the voice acting, though I would say given that over function/utility I will take the latter every time. To parallel someone's metaphor above - that's like having a Corvette body with no motor & frame. All fluff and no go.

B) What I am complaining about is that to get the best gains from quest pickup and turn in without the benefit of something like TORhead that shows you the results you wind up spending a lot of otherwise useless time spacebar & escape to divine the correct choices to maximize your path and affection gains. That makes questing tedious, and it does make 30 minute sessions unusable for the purpose. When I do play I have hours, but again its a lot of time that could be more productively and far more enjoyably spent in game. Bad mechanic when it doesn't have an option for guidance.

Amazing to me that a half dozen people failed reading comprehension so abysmally.