Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TORHEAD gone?

Ghisallo
04.08.2015 , 07:03 PM | #11
Zam's model (the "parent" of the "Heads") is simply in danger. When they started they would do most of their work via volunteers and even direct data feeds from the game companies. They had a small editorial staff on the pay roll that played the games and "fact checked" the volunteer contributions. This all worked before making your own web site was a VERY technical and expensive proposition. Now you have player run sites that do the same thing.
...We always arise from our own ashes. Everything returns later in its... changed form...
...To remind you that all humans make mistakes, and that all leaders are but human.
---Leto, Lion of Atreides

Pietrastor
04.08.2015 , 07:07 PM | #12
TOR Community's working on new database already

MandFlurry
04.08.2015 , 10:38 PM | #13
I used TORhead a lot before 3.0. After 3.0 you can't do anything after 3.0 hardly where Classes are concerned because the Class you pick along with it's AC is PREDETERMINED, meaning it's meaningless for TORhead to have anything like a Skill calculator when with 3.0 you already pretty much know ahead of time what ur getting.

I can see New players needing info on 3.0 classes, but otherwise, there really is no need. Hardly any1 would use TORhead when ppl already knew so much on the Classes side, and TORhead did a helluva job with pre-3.0 stuff I thought.

There was/ is other sites that had better stuff in other catagories, but whenever I asked Guildies or ppl on any planet, or on Fleet for that matter ppl would always say use TORhead.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/r/hzQMWp

iankalo
04.08.2015 , 11:11 PM | #14
Noooooooooooo It was very useful guide for planetary achievements.
REFERRAL CODE-> http://www.swtor.com/r/rGl9NH
7-day free subscription + Jumpstart / Preferred Friends Bundle.
One Complimentary Character Transfer for the lifetime of the account.

ninjonxb
04.09.2015 , 11:45 AM | #15
A partial replacement for TORHead is currently live.
Not complete but it is something

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen..._tooltips_and/

Drockter
04.09.2015 , 01:00 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Sindariel View Post
Let's hope that Torcommunity's database will be up, soon.
I recently contributed to their kick starter... they are doing some very impressive things.

nexaar
04.16.2015 , 11:41 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
A partial replacement for TORHead is currently live.
Not complete but it is something

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen..._tooltips_and/
You call that a replacement? Lol.

It's better to use the wiki until that site gets past alpha stage. http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Star_War..._Republic_Wiki

Saxxonknight
06.10.2015 , 11:16 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
you can always use the escape button to exit and renter a conversation
Yes, and its time consuming and boring. Honestly one of the worst aspects of the game to me as it makes quest pickup and turn ins take 10x as much time as they should to get the most out of them. On the basic level, its one of those design elements that the developers have failed at - you don't want to have any aspect of your game become a major chore.

And chore it is, when I have a half hour to play, I can't just go turn in or pick up more quests because the time involved is substantial. Makes for slow progress etc.

Its the flaws like this, unaddressed, that have cost SWTOR its potentially large client base.

LyraineAlei
06.11.2015 , 07:47 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Kissakias View Post
personally torhead inever wast helpful
prefer dulfy.net and torfashion for swtor, they got all and with an easy way to find out how to.
torhead is too complicated and in many situations very low in knowledge
even tor-spy is better than torhead
I felt Torhead was very good for 1-50 leveling (yeah, combat stuff was out of date with 3.0, but still). A little choppy with 50-55 since it gave only a few of the companion affection gains or losses and mostly all LS/DS gains.
I fully admit to using it to gain APs with Comps in their conversations and in regular gameplay to consider what options to take.
For a while, I think that was Torhead's thing, having conversation companion gains and losses listed. I used Dulfy and Swtor-Spy for almost everything else, personally.

lightSaberAddiCt
06.11.2015 , 09:50 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Saxxonknight View Post
Yes, and its time consuming and boring. Honestly one of the worst aspects of the game to me as it makes quest pickup and turn ins take 10x as much time as they should to get the most out of them. On the basic level, its one of those design elements that the developers have failed at - you don't want to have any aspect of your game become a major chore.

And chore it is, when I have a half hour to play, I can't just go turn in or pick up more quests because the time involved is substantial. Makes for slow progress etc.

Its the flaws like this, unaddressed, that have cost SWTOR its potentially large client base.
Dude you are so FoS. If it is such a burden to spacebar through convos, then maybe you shoukd stick to mobile gaming.