Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Losing my mind over Referral support tickets....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Losing my mind over Referral support tickets....

niccador_saxton
04.24.2016 , 02:43 PM | #1
We have an issue with two accounts, being mine (Referrer) and my wife's (Referred).
Despite both accounts maintaining active subs, the Referred account shows as "inactive for over 90 days", (on the referrer's refer-a-friend info page of the website) and hasn't supplied the referral CC bonus since January.

1st Ticket: We opened a ticket on the referring account and explained the situation. The ticket was apparently interpreted as "you have a problem with the other accounts' status". We were told to open a ticket on the Referred account instead, and get it's status corrected. Seems reasonable so far.

2nd Ticket: We did as instructed, again explaining the situation. Ticket was interpreted as "you have a problem with the other account's CC". No change on this account, go file a ticket on the other account.

3rd Ticket, direct email reply from 2nd: Tried clarifying the problem, was basically ignored, same type of response...go try the other account.

4th Ticket: Referred account. Altered description of problem to completely omit mention of CC, focused solely on the fact that this account shows as inactive on it's referral. Got a response of "I see you're trying to accept a new referral, but you haven't been inactive for over 90 days...." Fires of rage smoldering.

5th Ticket: Rehash of 4th. No response yet, not expecting much.

I just want to get this seemingly simple issue resolved.
I need to make sure the referred account is properly flagged as active for the referring account, and THEN I need to try addressing the CC issue. But for some reason we literally keep going in circles around it, never quite hitting the target.....

DarthEnrique
04.24.2016 , 06:12 PM | #2
The CS on this game sucks, they don't do anything about bug issues, harassment, etc. The forum moderators are even as bad, they are all just LAZY! But the forum moderators are worse only picking and choosing which post to reply to and it's no wonder there are so many people upset.

I got tickets still open from people who were legitly spamming and it's like HOW LONG does it take to look at this ticket see it's spam and do something? Not very long, it's look at the ticket, yes it's spam, handle it, have the autodroid reply and done, but NOOOOOOOOOOOO still open... X_X

They really don't care about important things, just tiny petty things instead of actual things like what you have mentioned. That's how this game runs. Don't know why a lot of us are still paying for this...
Trying to help my friend Ultimatedshadow out, please click his referral link. Thanks. http://www.swtor.com/r/5YzVTH

commanderwar
04.24.2016 , 09:15 PM | #3
Sorry you are having this problem best thing to do is to call CS by phone and explain your problem and tell them you already send in tickets.

JediRelentless
04.24.2016 , 10:08 PM | #4
Just call them. Be polite. Describe the issue clearly.
You're more likely to get things solved that way instead of complaining here.

xkcurtisx
04.24.2016 , 10:08 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by commanderwar View Post
Sorry you are having this problem best thing to do is to call CS by phone and explain your problem and tell them you already send in tickets.
phone CS doesn't assist you with your in game issues, and if im not mistaken this is interpreted as an in game issue.

DarthEnrique
04.24.2016 , 10:09 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Xcurtx View Post
phone CS doesn't assist you with your in game issues, and if im not mistaken this is interpreted as an in game issue.
What was said here.
Trying to help my friend Ultimatedshadow out, please click his referral link. Thanks. http://www.swtor.com/r/5YzVTH

TheSeventhJedi
04.24.2016 , 10:24 PM | #7
Referral system is bugged - always has been. Trust me when I say that you're just making yourself angry, because BW will never fix your problem.
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)

okimbored
04.26.2016 , 07:33 AM | #8
had almost the exact same issue with our 2 accounts, we finally gave up, the extra cc were not worth the headache. And yes this is an "in-game" issue, don't waste your breath on the phone

CaptRogue
04.26.2016 , 07:56 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Xcurtx View Post
Interesting because I've actually had them help me with "in-game" issues before.

This actually is pertaining to the account, so OP you should at least call them. Like stated, be nice, polite but present your issue clearly.

Hubby has an ongoing account issue with them they can't seem to solve.
We can remove the credit card info on the account, and when his sub expires, he still plays as a sub. AND it goes in reverse. Back in Dec we removed all card info because we weren't subbing at the time. He had to call to get them to turn it off as was stated he could still play, if I remember correctly.
Well as a last minute Christmas gift to him, I subbed him Dec. 25th. It took the payment, charge the card, but he was still preferred. Needless to say we were both mad, because on top of that happening, he had to wait till the next day because they were closed that day!! (CS was very helpful & even gave him something in return for the screw up.) They said it was fixed. They synced the accounts, all good, right?? Not. Like I said still having the same issue. They don't understand. He even went to Tier 2 in CS & they thought they had fixed it but haven't.
Dean (GM) of <The Academy>
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!