Devs hate 8v8?

Stellarcrusade

!00% of PvP lowbie pops are 4v4. 99% of all GSF pops are 12v12.

Unfortunately the 4v4 PvP and 12V12 GSF are the worst. Bring back 8v8 broken match-maker-sytem!

Yeah I couldn't suffer through lowbies after about the 30th 4v4 I was done. Really is sad when you think how fun PVP used to be, taking a toon from 10 all the way to cap level via PVP. The good old days. :(

It's a shocking state of the game when even at prime time there aren't 16 people wanting to do lower-level PVP.

I wonder if the treatment of PvP-ers in general and the derisory rewards have anything to do with it?

Or is it just that BoiWare don't really have a clue about retaining players.

Giving lowbies UCs and a few GC boxes for using when they hit level cap might have been a better way. At least some time ago, lowbie PvP could earn tokens for all your other PvP characters to spend on gear.

They need to merge Satele and Star Forge already, games far too dead to support two NA servers.

I have no doubt once the new gear grind is added they will lose more people. They might as well just wait till after all the changes are inflicted on the game.

It's a shocking state of the game when even at prime time there aren't 16 people wanting to do lower-level PVP.

I wonder if the treatment of PvP-ers in general and the derisory rewards have anything to do with it?

Giving lowbies UCs and a few GC boxes for using when they hit level cap might have been a better way. At least some time ago, lowbie PvP could earn tokens for all your other PvP characters to spend on gear.

CXP and the anti alt systems in place currently ruined lowbie pvp.

They dont have a clue. It should be apparent by now after all the mistakes in the last 2 years.

Plus there have been 3-4 threads over the last 18 months asking for Bioware to fix lowbies and Mids.

All the threads had fanatastic ideas on how to do it. Lhance and Trixxie both had a go to try and get Biowares attention.

Bioware has completely ignored the subject, even when they were asked on live streams they pretend it wasn’t asked.

They honeslty don’t care or they are just dumb.

Edited by Totemdancer

The idea of giving UCs or CXP to low/mid is a great idea. Gee, we had that sort of thing in 4.x. Even today, it seems like everything we had in 4.x was better for PvP.

Another thing we could use is the ability to exclude (or choose) the wartypes we want when queueing. Seriously this has been overdue for ages.

If neither of the above can be done, at least please remove 4v4 from the low/mid queues, I do not mind waiting longer for actual wartypes. And if there are any real noobs now, learning to PvP their way up to 70, once they hit 70 will be the first time they ever had anything other than a 4v4 is rediculous.

The idea of giving UCs or CXP to low/mid is a great idea. Gee, we had that sort of thing in 4.x. Even today, it seems like everything we had in 4.x was better for PvP.

Another thing we could use is the ability to exclude (or choose) the wartypes we want when queueing. Seriously this has been overdue for ages.

If neither of the above can be done, at least please remove 4v4 from the low/mid queues, I do not mind waiting longer for actual wartypes. And if there are any real noobs now, learning to PvP their way up to 70, once they hit 70 will be the first time they ever had anything other than a 4v4 is rediculous.

The issue with choosing map types is there now aren’t enough players for that to work. People would be in the queue for a long time on some maps and even the more popular ones wouldn’t pop as fast or for as long a period during the day. It would end up being like lowbies is now.

The choice to queue should definitely been in the game from the start, but just aren’t enough people still playing for it to work.

Which is Biowares fault to start with.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Some people prefer 4v4. I'd much rather take a 4v4 than wait a long while for a 8v8.

Also, did it occur to some people that without a healthy ranked community, it kills the incentive to just do regular warzones, when time vs reward is way out of touch.

Regular warzones become pointless.

Edited by Willjb

The issue with choosing map types is there now aren’t enough players for that to work. People would be in the queue for a long time on some maps and even the more popular ones wouldn’t pop as fast or for as long a period during the day. It would end up being like lowbies is now.

The choice to queue should definitely been in the game from the start, but just aren’t enough people still playing for it to work.

Which is Biowares fault to start with.

I'm no programmer, but I would imagine it shouldn't be all that difficult to alter the 8x8 maps to accept fewer people on each side. Granted, a 4x4 Hypergate would be...interesting...but a 4x4 Huttball would be completely worth the time, and a 4x4 Novare Coast would require some fast thinking and creative decisions. Even if it wasn't the most optimum of experiences, I would greatly prefer this to a 4x4 arena (I loathe arenas - bad enough that 4x4 is all we get for Ranked).

BioWare seems to just keep kicking the Huttball. We certainly aren't being given the opportunity to do that (until we hit 70, it seems).