Inquisitors/Consulars... we all OK being the only pair to lose our level 46 ability?

Felioats

In 1.2, Unity and Sacrifice are being removed from the classes and transferred to the Legacy system as alignment-based abilities.

I'd hope that we'd get an ability to replace it that does not require a companion to use, as all other classes have. But it appears we're getting nothing. One would think that in the grand scheme of 1.2, if the abilities were going to be replaced with anything, they would be replaced in the same patch. We've heard repeatedly that the class changes are all meant to work together as a package, after all.

I haven't heard any grumbles about it, though. So, really? We're cool with it?

Edited by Felioats

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm.

I've Sacrificed and then Sith-racial Punished Khem Val for hours on end whenever he's disapproved of my light-side decisions.

He truly loves it.

Well, big guy, looks like 1.2 puts an end to all that!

Damn you, BioWare!

(I, for one, am OK. It's the unfortunate legacy of MMO forums past that people feel the need to fight tooth and nail for every perceived bit of "unfairness" they see coming down the pipe. Inq/Con are still plenty strong.)

I'm not broken up about it from a powergaming perspective, just a design inconsistency perspective. I like consistency.

Sort of like how Sages and Sorcerers don't have a basic, free attack that uses their primary stat for damage. No one really cares, but the inconsistency drives me mad.

Especially since neither changes were really set out in the design for the class, but rather happened by happenstance.

Edited by Felioats

Likewise, I never used it.

I don't care in-so-far as I'm loosing an ability that was of severely limited value, but more that I had such a skill in the first place.

I haven't played all 8 ACs, but how many other classes had a skill (beyond Heroic Moment) only usable with a companion present? As a sage, we've got a perfectly good toolbox already for PvE. For PvP (especially considering today's patch) we'll be lacking survivability as a healer, AND we'll be lacking any sort of single target heavy hitter. Tumult is "almost" a heavy hitter, but being that it's both melee and only usable on Normal/weak mobs (and not players at all) to get decent damage, it falls really quite short.

Still, It's not like I won't be getting back the exact same skill later through the legacy system, and I still won't use it much then either.

Edited by Tyrias

But, being a level 50 Light side V Sage, I will get it by Legacy the moment I install the patch, so I end up same as I was. If I understand it correctly.

Me too, but to be honest, I had to look the ability up when I read the patch notes. Never used it myself.

I actually did use it once in awhile as a shadow tank.

Unfortunately, I am half a level from 50, so cannot take it upon log in. But also, I am a Dark based Consular, so even when I hit 50 I will have to opt for Sacrifice vice the Unity I just gave up.

Not sure how I feel about that. Its certainly not a game breaker by any means.

It's not a deal breaker. But as a shadow-tank, I would use Unity when my arse was REALLY in trouble. It would save me (or at least delay my demise...lol.) Anyhow, I guess I'll be getting the dark side option since I'm full of dark side points. I look forward to killing my comp for me to live... HUZAH... "Sorry, Tharan, I'm gonna have to vampire your arse to death. You're not healing enough. GRRAAAA!!!" LOL! :D Edited by SneakyTurd

I would replace it with a skill that partly removed the health penalty from Consumption.

or

A skill that reduced the cast time of a single target heal by say 0.5 to 1 second.

;)

In all honesty, I never used the skill, possibly a skill to increase companion defence for 20 seconds or something non game breaking but useful in PvE.

Edited by Elkirin

I used it once on my Sorcerer just to try it out, and I ended up dying. lol. I know how it feels to have something taken away and be in the vocal minority who want it back (Crash) but at least with these skills, you can get them back with the proper alignment.

That said, I dislike when any game takes away things we already have so they can put them behind some sort of gating.

What would you put in its place? We might not replace it with anything (or at least not any time soon), but I'd still like to hear suggestions.

Interesting question, and very hard to answer.

After thinking about it awhile, it's very hard to come up with an ability both advanced classes both can use.

Sorcerers need a survivability cooldown or burst damage cooldown of some sort. Cast spells while moving for 5 seconds, perhaps?

Assassins would probably be content with "The next ability will cost no force, critically hit, or affect an additional target" type deal.