Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Fury Marauder / Concentration Sentinel

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Class Changes: Fury Marauder / Concentration Sentinel
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DenariusJay
08.08.2017 , 11:58 AM | #21
lol, and here we were speculating a huge buff for Fury, and how it was going to be the new fotm.

nah. business as usual, still trash for pve but will be good for pvp.
server: Harbringer
Characters: Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Denzel Washington

DenariusJay
08.08.2017 , 12:01 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
In PvP TTK is currently way too high. We need more damage.
I don't think more damage is the answer, and obviously they are not going that route with all the recent nerfs.

TTK is too high cause of DCDs, mainly this one class that has 3 good ones.
server: Harbringer
Characters: Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Denzel Washington

Ottoattack
08.08.2017 , 12:10 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DenariusJay View Post
I don't think more damage is the answer, and obviously they are not going that route with all the recent nerfs.

TTK is too high cause of DCDs, mainly this one class that has 3 good ones.
I agree that DCDs are the problem, but nerfing dps surely wont help. If fury is meant to be the average, that means carnage and conc (dec in the future) will probably get nerfed. This cannot be good.

ottffsse
08.08.2017 , 12:20 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
I agree that DCDs are the problem, but nerfing dps surely wont help. If fury is meant to be the average, that means carnage and conc (dec in the future) will probably get nerfed. This cannot be good.
Uhm dps adjustments don't matter in PvP unless we are talking +/-10+% as you are not attacking non stop a dummy or stationary and taunted PvE boss. Main advantages come from cc/interrupt immunity and mobility which fury has in spades. Oh yeah and a few overtuned defensive abilities on several other classes. Any Dcd which allows a player to mitigate/cancel+even heal through damage while still being able to attack the opposing side will make a class strong in PvP.

Rion_Starkiller
08.08.2017 , 12:22 PM | #25
Does this 35% put it in range of it's near-mirror specs Focus / Rage?

Anyway, I suspect the devs are tweaking all specs to get them in their target range based on the next tier of gear:
GC 400 & 254. Anyone?
Unsubbed because bored by lack of new content.
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Edyn View Post
I like RNG because I'm better at being lucky than you are. l2p

ottffsse
08.08.2017 , 12:31 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post

Anyway, I suspect the devs are tweaking all specs to get them in their target range based on the next tier of gear:
GC 400 & 252. Anyone?
Yeah probably in regard to the gear. But still arsenal for instance got nuked more than 100dps bellow marskman and tk/lightning, pyro did not get buffed up to annihilation level, and madness did not get buffed up to Saboteur/Eng level. I am citing these as they are not like 100-150dps difference but more like anywhere from 200 to 400dps difference.

Jevaruss
08.08.2017 , 12:33 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post

GC 400 & 252. Anyone?
Will still be a bit lower than Focus/Rage (although use of legendary utility freezing force/chilling scream is why guardian/jugg dps is where it is atm).

Also, that's been my theory ever since the initial nerfs as well and I'm sticking to it.
Commando, Shadowlands

WiththeForc
08.08.2017 , 12:35 PM | #28
I don't know why everyone is surprised by this, I literally called this out that it was only going to get a slight buff like madness did 2 weeks ago on my stream. The spec performs very well in PvP right now, and this buff helps sustained dps while largely leaving PvP unaffected. Depending on Carnage changes, which I have been asking for for 2 years now, fury could still end up being the go to burst spec, but I have my doubts about that as well.
<Hatred> <Zorz> <Failure><It's Lit>
All 8-man content cleared on-tier pre-4.0, 4.0, and

Ottoattack
08.08.2017 , 01:01 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ottffsse View Post
Uhm dps adjustments don't matter in PvP unless we are talking +/-10+% as you are not attacking non stop a dummy or stationary and taunted PvE boss. Main advantages come from cc/interrupt immunity and mobility which fury has in spades. Oh yeah and a few overtuned defensive abilities on several other classes. Any Dcd which allows a player to mitigate/cancel+even heal through damage while still being able to attack the opposing side will make a class strong in PvP.
Thank you for explaining basics of game play. Please keep the useful insights coming.

All held equal, clearly nefing dps without adjusting DCDs in a stale meta is good. Maybe after a few patches of this bulls**t we stop fighting in PvP, and do a dance party. Fury was not nerfed, but does this mean its damage output is in line, BW cannot measure damage output or other burst melee dps will be nerfed as well? Not sure, but I do not think BW is either.

Rion_Starkiller
08.08.2017 , 01:12 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ottffsse View Post
Yeah probably in regard to the gear. But still arsenal for instance got nuked more than 100dps bellow marskman and tk/lightning, pyro did not get buffed up to annihilation level, and madness did not get buffed up to Saboteur/Eng level. I am citing these as they are not like 100-150dps difference but more like anywhere from 200 to 400dps difference.
Fair enough. But I would think that Sniper / Mara should deal more dps based on the old paradigm of "pure dps class." By that rationale though, Focus/ Rage may get nerfed...?

Quote: Originally Posted by Jevaruss View Post
Will still be a bit lower than Focus/Rage (although use of legendary utility freezing force/chilling scream is why guardian/jugg dps is where it is atm).

Also, that's been my theory ever since the initial nerfs as well and I'm sticking to it.
Good to know... I prefer the feel of Focus / Rage over Conc / Fury. If I play Sent/ Mara, I'd rather play Combat / Carnage.

Anyway, just wanted to know if I should bother with these changes. Seems like that's a "NO"
Unsubbed because bored by lack of new content.
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Edyn View Post
I like RNG because I'm better at being lucky than you are. l2p