Sorcs make me want to quit

babiegirlla

Seriously, every single game I play I`ve seen a ton of really geared, a lot of the time BM geared Sorcs on my server. If i`m lucky I`ll see 4 in a WZ, however I`ve seen 5-6 multiple times. Can you imagine how irritating it is to have one of the most overpowered, most control and, despite the "squishiness" have ethe MOST survivability in the game?

You dot your target, you spam CL. Really difficult. Then you have the ability to heal, sprint, shield, stun, knockback with a possible root, a CL with a built in slow, put all of that together with MULTIPLE sorcs in a WZ and alongside their crazy damage.

i`m closer and closer to quitting this game because of this class, it`s the MOST represented class in the game and it`s getting annoying.

Edited by babiegirlla

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, every single game I play I`ve seen a ton of really geared, a lot of the time BM geared Sorcs on my server. If i`m lucky I`ll see 4 in a WZ, however I`ve seen 5-6 multiple times. Can you imagine how irritating it is to have one of the most overpowered, most control and, despite the "squishiness" have ethe MOST survivability in the game?

You dot your target, you spam CL. Really difficult. Then you have the ability to heal, sprint, shield, stun, put all of that together with MULTIPLE sorcs in a WZ and alongside their crazy damage.

i`m closer and closer to quitting this game because of this class, it`s the MOST represented class in the game and it`s getting annoying.

change all of that to scoundral and you will see how I feel. Not saying Sorc isn't overpowered but they are far from the only one.

You dot your target, you spam CL. Really difficult. Then you have the ability to heal, sprint, shield, stun, put all of that together with MULTIPLE sorcs in a WZ and alongside their crazy damage.

Learn to interrupt and use your closing abilities when you REALLY need them.

Learn to interrupt and use your closing abilities when you REALLY need them.

Oh hey, there's a sorcerer on the bridge attacking me.

If I run, I'll get slowed for the next 15 seconds as I slowly die. So I'll charge him. Oh he knocked me off, and I'm rooted.

If I run, I'll get slowed for the next 15 seconds as I slowly die. So I'll charge him. Oh he knocked me off, and I'm rooted.

Oh hey I press my cc-breaker and the other sorc now spams heals on his friend and once I'm reaching the 1st sorc the 2nd one pulls the 1st sorc.

Edited by ocping

QFT

I can't stand it when people say "Durrrrr save your gap closer for when they knock you back! Run up to them instead and eat an entire Force Lightning & DOTs"

You can tell these players have never/don't play a melee class when they say this.

Umm, and the rest of your team is doing what exactly? letting them freecast? were you alone?

All of the above can be countered.

That is more plausible that asking them all to reroll, or nerfing them, which seems to be what you expect?

Edited by Calista_ZK

Umm, and the rest of your team is doing what exactly? letting them freecast? were you alone?

so you are saying that every sorc needs to be 2 manned? if it takes 2 to kill 1 sorc at one end of the field then that means the game is going on 6v7 at the other end.

just saying.

You are an ***.

hey now! dont shoot the messenger!

so you are saying that every sorc needs to be 2 manned? if it takes 2 to kill 1 sorc at one end of the field then that means the game is going on 6v7 at the other end.

just saying.

hey now! dont shoot the messenger!

the original post was about MULTIPLE sorcs. We are talking about a warzone with a team here and how OP can deal with that, not on how to 1x1 a sorc, which may or not be feasible for every class.

Edited by Calista_ZK

the original post was about MULTIPLE sorcs. We are talking about a warzone with a team here, and an MMO.

Don't you think that the team that works together will beat the one guy off on his own, usuaally?

It's still the same argument. If it takes 2-3 people to kill one sorcerer, the rest of the team is still short-handed.

Playing against a team that is mostly sorcerers is just an absolutely miserable experience. Not like how Operatives used to be, where you just got ganked, more like your character is running through jelly for the next 15 minutes of your SWTOR life.

It's still the same argument. If it takes 2-3 people to kill one sorcerer, the rest of the team is still short-handed.

Playing against a team that is mostly sorcerers is just an absolutely miserable experience. Not like how Operatives used to be, where you just got ganked, more like your character is running through jelly for the next 15 minutes of your SWTOR life.

In the current maps, if your team is 90% melee and the other team is 90% sorcs with equal gear and skill agreed.

But now you are not only looking at skills, but the map comes into play, as well as teamwork. If those sorcs did not play as a team, then they wouldn't win.

Calling the class OP because current WZ maps favour them is ridiculous. Go 1x1 in many situations outside a warzone and the sorc/sage can and will be beaten.

Edited by Calista_ZK

QFT

I can't stand it when people say "Durrrrr save your gap closer for when they knock you back! Run up to them instead and eat an entire Force Lightning & DOTs"

You can tell these players have never/don't play a melee class when they say this.

not many people wanted to be LOLGLOWSTICKVADER and actually picked classes that have it easy when fighting sorcs...

Ill give you a hint..

Juggernaut is not on that list.

the original post was about MULTIPLE sorcs. We are talking about a warzone with a team here and how OP can deal with that, not on how to 1x1 a sorc, which may or not be feasible for every class.

i understand that, and as the poster above hinted at. This small problem reveals the larger problem which seems to be this:

- In a team setting the more diverse a team is, the more synergy it should enjoy

- contrary to the above, there seems to be NO downside to having a team full of sorcs for the following reason

- cc, have it in spades

- dmg, same as above

- heals, yep can do that

- tanks? dont need them with bubble.

- did i mention sprint in huttball?

if it takes a team of 2 to kill a single sorc, where does that put a diverse group of 8 against a team of 8 sorcs? yes 2 of us can team up to kill one but while he bubbles the one that my buddy left alone turned around and healed him or shot us in the back with lightning

If you have melee and sniper on your team, going up against sorcs/mercs, you're dead, assuming everyone's equally skilled.

You have to be a premade with voice chat to take on a pug of sorcs/mercs who are geared as well as you.

The Mercs can do insane DPS and knock you back and heal themselves. If there's a sorc near by too, RIP.

Every other class, except maybe Scoundrel, I have no fear of and enjoy playing against. It's mostly a fair fight each time unless they're a fresh 50. They may have a knock back or CC but it's not followed up by them throwing insane damage from afar and healing themselves.

Edited by EscVelocity

In the current maps, if your team is 90% melee and the other team is 90% sorcs with equal gear and skill agreed.

But now you are not only looking at skills, but the map comes into play, as well as teamwork. If those sorcs did not play as a team, then they wouldn't win.

Calling the class OP because current WZ maps favour them is ridiculous. Go 1x1 in many siuations and the sorc/sage can and will be beaten.

I disagree. Sorcerers are extremely strong as a 1vs1 class, most melee classes simply cannot stick to a Sorcerer, and against ranged classes a Sorcerer still has the advantage due to mobility. Having multiple Sorcerers, they have synergy with each other. Since roots and snares are not on any sort of diminishing returns, nor do they add to resolve, a group of Sorcerers can just about completely lock down the other team. Not to mention they can bubble/heal each other if need be. And that's really what the problem is.

Edited by savionen

I usually don't have trouble when it's just one sorc/sage. The problem usually starts when there are 4-6 on the other team (which happens often) and they are all bubbling/healing each other. All the well timed interupts in the world aren't gonna win that game for you.

Use your INTERRUPTS. Watch the casting bar or stun as you approach and then knock him off. This isn't difficult, you just need to learn to do it. It's how those of us who kill sorcerers all the time kill them. We watch for the big cast and interrupt it.