Prison Break Quest broken?

Malvernis

Has anyone else had a problem with the Prison Break quest on Belsavis?

I put down the device that I am supposed to defend and it seems to just despawn without being hit by the enemies I am meant to defend it from. Is it just bugged or am I doing something wrong? is there a trick to this?

My wife is encountering this same issue. She's trying resetting the quest, which is a huge pain, but if that doesn't work and someone knows how to fix it we would appreciate the help. Since this is a class quest, hopefully it isn't just exploded and going to stop character progress.

Edit: Resetting the quest doesn't work. The device you are supposed to protect vanishes 3 or 5 seconds after summoning it, long before the enemies can be killed. This happens both solo and in a group. It happens at all 3 sites noted by the quest.

Please, if anyone knows a workaround, post here. This is actually halting the entire character from progressing. Mods or Devs, if you are reading, please help. Character is Schiava on the Kaas City server, Empire side.

EDIT 2: Fixed, randomly began working again. Sorry for unknown cause of fix, if anyone else has this problem.

Edited by Hrimrisar

Possible Solution....

What companion have you all been using?

I tried it about a dozen times with Khem Val and it failed to complete. I quit the game, relaunched it and tried again... still failed. I've tried it solo and in a group with a BH... failed! I left it about 30 minutes and did some other quests, then returned and tried it with Ashara as my companion instead of Khem Val (I was in a group with a BH on this attempt)... and it worked!

So, it might just have been random luck, but it's probably worth trying a different companion then Khem :)

• 2 weeks later...
Just posting our results: Swapping companions did not work, resetting the quest did not work (and resulted in some irritation as it reset it all the way back to the 'use the ship's intercomm' step when we first landed on the planet). But me leaving the group and letting him solo the quest DID work. Not 100% sure if the group split or him soloing was what got us results.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...