You have reached 3000 command tokens.....

Sotmax

Really BW.

As stated by someone(Evolixe i think), is better to use those for purchasing the T1 gear.

We have plenty of them and they are secure drop from evey command crate.They re useless if we' re going to use them only for command boosts.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you aren't gonna use them for command boosting your alts, what's the point in making them give T1 gear? If people aren't using them for the superior command boosts then there's a more important problem to address, which is alt leveling not being very worth-while.

Also, gearing your alts in set gear got easier in 5.1.2 with UC gains, and is gonna get substantially easier in 5.2 with Op drops.

Edited by Eli_Porter

I don't raid or PVP so the *only* thing I can get with Command tokens are the boosts ... which I don't use. So really I currently have no use for the Command tokens. I have over 2600 actually in inventory and over 400 sitting in the command stash of one of my characters.

I would really like to be able to use the command tokens to buy the cosmetic items that drop in the command crates, the pets and mounts. The mounts particularly have been rather rare for me and you only have a finite number of levels to get them with for Tier 1 and Tier 2 (and soon to be Tier 3). Or maybe rare crafting mats? I don't know, I'd just really like them to offer something other than the boosts.

If you aren't gonna use them for command boosting your alts, what's the point in making them give T1 gear? If people aren't using them for the superior command boosts then there's a more important problem to address, which is alt leveling not being very worth-while.

Also, gearing your alts in set gear got easier in 5.1.2 with UC gains, and is gonna get substantially easier in 5.2 with Op drops.

hu ? what do you mean what's the point giving T1 gear ?

To gear your alts with T1 gear without enduring this BS grind and without being roflstomped in WZs with better geared players.

hu ? what do you mean what's the point giving T1 gear ?

To gear your alts with T1 gear without enduring this BS grind and without being roflstomped in WZs with better geared players.

Doing operations = BS grind? And if you're being roflstomped in WZ's, gear is the least of your worries.

Also, I doubt having an even easier access to T1 set armorings is gonna get people to play their alts.

Edited by Eli_Porter

I don't raid or PVP so the *only* thing I can get with Command tokens are the boosts ... which I don't use. So really I currently have no use for the Command tokens. I have over 2600 actually in inventory and over 400 sitting in the command stash of one of my characters.

I would really like to be able to use the command tokens to buy the cosmetic items that drop in the command crates, the pets and mounts. The mounts particularly have been rather rare for me and you only have a finite number of levels to get them with for Tier 1 and Tier 2 (and soon to be Tier 3). Or maybe rare crafting mats? I don't know, I'd just really like them to offer something other than the boosts.

This is why I stopped bothering with GC. I'm not doing OP's or PVP, so the command boost are worthless to me. I've got a LOT of tokens now, with nothing to use them on.

Come on BW... Not everybody wants/worries about set gear. Some of us want cosmetic & vanity items. :D

I purchased the 10% CXP boost Character Perk for a total of 3.5 million credits. I am planning to purchase a CXP boost consumable at some point. Since I'm at GC 300 already, there seem to be only two of them that are applicable to me:

(1) The one sold on cartel market for 150cc that gives 25% boost for 3 hours and has no GC tier limitations

(2) The one sold on the fleet by Command Token Vendor for 44 command tokens that gives 15% boost for 3 hours. Says it's for GC rank 180-300; not sure if it will work after 5.2 goes into production

Both say "Cannot be combined with any other Command Boost."

Can somebody who knows for certain confirm if I can use one of these boosts or if it'd be a waste of resources buying them?

Hmmm...let me correct my post.

Please also add the option to purchase T1 gear. Meaning if there are only for boosts they will cap really fast make them almost useless.

Big deal. Players have been complaining about token caps in this game since launch, as there are always players that earn more tokens then they can spend. Been this way for 5 years now... or have you forgotten about all the drama around the great token-for-credits exchange program that took place with 5.0, which clearly demonstrated that many players accumulate more tokens (of various types) then they can actually use.

Spend them if you have a use for them. If there is nothing you need.. why do you care? They did not actually cost you anything as clearly you were chasing crates and not tokens.

Edited by Andryah

I'd love to see unassembled components having a vender so others that do not PVP or GSF can have the ability to upgrade gear.

Also will be the best if UCs are legacy wide or at least can trade them to a vendor for sending them werever you want(as was with wz comms).

• Dev Post
Really BW.

As stated by someone(Evolixe i think), is better to use those for purchasing the T1 gear.

We have plenty of them and they are secure drop from evey command crate.They re useless if we' re going to use them only for command boosts.

Future uses for Command Tokens is something we talk about often. In fact, using them to purchase Tier 1 gear is something that has been considered internally as well.

One change that is coming in 5.2 is that the Command Boosts will work at all Command Ranks. This gives more functionality for players who are at high Ranks as they can then still use the boosts on their main character. Especially to work into Tier 4 at CR 300.

It's a good opportunity to ask in this thread ... what else would you like to use Command Tokens for?

-eric

It's a good opportunity to ask in this thread ... what else would you like to use Command Tokens for?

-eric

1 - purchase gear at a Tier below your current one, to fill in any 'gaps' in your set that are still there by the time you've moved on to a higher Tier.

2 - purchase the items from 'cosmetic items' slot in the loot table from the GC Crates.

3 - purchase Cartel Certs, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's currently any way to get them, and it would be nice to see them back in circulation somehow.

Edited by DarthDymond

One change that is coming in 5.2 is that the Command Boosts will work at all Command Ranks. This gives more functionality for players who are at high Ranks as they can then still use the boosts on their main character. Especially to work into Tier 4 at CR 300.

-eric

Eric, I just want to clarify - does this mean that the Superior 100% CXP boosts will work beyond CR 179 then? Even at CR 300? That should be the only boost that's impacted by this change since (I believe) all the other boosts can already be used at any CR, right?

Edited by TUXs

3 - purchase Cartel Certs, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's currently any way to get theml, and it would be nice to see them back in circulation somehow.

Agreement: Oooh. I like that one. Or even buy small amounts of Rep from the old cartel packs (maybe not, but it would be nice).

Eric, I just want to clarify - does this mean that the Superior 100% CXP boosts will work beyond CR 179 then? Even at CR 300? That should be the only boost that's impacted by this change since (I believe) all the other boosts can already be used at any CR, right?

I'm interested in this as well. I have a few 25% boosts stored up but no 100% yet; would be great to get an answer to this. And if it affects only the boosts from the vendor (those you can buy with tokens) or the ones from the Cartel Market as well.

Edited by Jerba

Agreement: Oooh. I like that one. Or even buy small amounts of Rep from the old cartel packs (maybe not, but it would be nice).

Yeah, I was just about to go back and edit in "or Rep Tokens" - those are currently in the GC Crate drop tables, right? It would be nice to also use the Command Tokens for a more targeted approach to otherwise unobtainable Reps.

Future uses for Command Tokens is something we talk about often. In fact, using them to purchase Tier 1 gear is something that has been considered internally as well.

-eric

1. To be able to exchange some repeat gear with what you could use.

2. Cosmetic gear.

3. Decorations

4. Cartel Certificates

5. Companion Gifts

6. Reputation Points from those we may not have maxed out yet.

Edited by casirabit

What about a way to turn in an earpiece, implant, or relic to something you could actually use?

IE You keep getting the relic of boundless ages when you really want the relic of serendipitous assault?

-eric

Legacy bound cosmetic gear. This could even be all the flashpoint, heroic, etc gear that was removed from the game.

-eric

I think i would just quote other person that made a really nice list:

2. Cosmetic gear.

3. Decorations

4. Cartel Certificates

5. Companion Gifts

I think i would just quote other person that made a really nice list:

Ditto. This guy/gal said it best in my opinion:

2. Cosmetic gear.

3. Decorations

4. Cartel Certificates

5. Companion Gifts

What about a way to turn in an earpiece, implant, or relic to something you could actually use?

IE You keep getting the relic of boundless ages when you really want the relic of serendipitous assault?

GREAT suggestion!!!