Class Changes: Medicine Operative / Sawbones Scoundrel

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Below you will find the upcoming changes for Medicine and Sawbones coming in Game Update 5.5:

Note: All changes below are currently in development and are subject to change before being released.

Operative

• Kolto Infusion no longer applies a heal over time; instead, the initial heal now heals for 44.51% more
  • Curative Agent now changes Kolto Infusion back to its heal over time version, and the rest of Curative Agent's effects are unchanged

Medicine

• Each tick of Recuperative Nanotech now heals for 12% less
  • The critical chance bonus given to Diagnostic Scan by Prognosis: Critical is now 10%
  • Accomplished Doctor no longer affects Surgical Probe, and the critical healing bonus it grants to Kolto Injection and Kolto Infusion is now 10%, while its other effect remains unchanged
  • Medical Therapy no longer increases the healing done by periodic effects, but its other effects remain unchanged
  • Durable Meds no longer increases the healing done by each tick of Recuperative Nanotech, but still increases its duration
  • Surgical Precision no longer increases the healing done by Surgical Probe, but its other effects remain unchanged
  • The chance of getting a Tactical Advantage from a Kolto Waves, Kolto Probe, or Recuperative Nanotech tick granted by Medical Engineering is now 10%

Scoundrel

• Kolto Pack no longer applies a heal over time; instead, the initial heal now heals for 44.51% more
  • Sly Surrender now changes Kolto Pack back to its heal over time version, and the rest of Sly Surrender's effects are unchanged

Sawbones

• Each tick of Kolto Cloud now heals for 12% less
  • The critical chance bonus given to Diagnostic Scan by Prognosis: Critical is now 10%
  • Accomplished Sawbones no longer affects Emergency Medpac, and the critical healing bonus it grants to Underworld Medicine and Kolto Pack is now 10%, while its other effect remains unchanged
  • Homegrown Pharmacology no longer increases the healing done by periodic effects, but its other effects remain unchanged
  • Puissant Poultices no longer increases the healing done by each tick of Kolto Cloud, but still increases its duration
  • Emergent Emergencies no longer increases the healing done by Emergency Medpac, but its other effects remain unchanged
  • The chance of getting an Upper Hand from a Kolto Waves, Slow-release Medpac, or Kolto Cloud tick granted by Medpac Mastery is now 10%

DevNotes: The changes made to Medicine / Sawbones bring the discipline to the target HPS while relatively improving its burst-healing capabilities. Overall, the majority of the healing reduction was aimed at the Operative’s / Scoundrel’s heal-over-time abilities, which are usually more prone to over-heal.

The changes to Kolto Infusion / Kolto Pack and Curative Agent / Sly Surrender give the Operative / Scoundrel a quick, bursty heal in their baseline toolkit, while still allowing players who prefer a more proactive HoT-based playstyle to preserve that gameplay by taking the Curative Agent / Sly Surrender utility. On the whole, Medicine Operative / Sawbones Scoundrel HPS has been brought in line with that of Corruption Sorcerers / Seer Sages, but its baseline ability to burst heal is comparatively better than it was before these changes.

-eric

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HPS has been brought in line with that of Corruption Sorcerers / Seer Sages, but its baseline ability to burst heal is comparatively better than it was before these changes.

Why does a HoT Healer needs to be in line with burst healer? Shouldn't be the HoT Healer over the burst classes?

The same logic counts for DPS but not for healer?

BTW what are the target HPS for those Classes?

These look really well thought out and it makes me happy to see these readjustments to healers, they have been overperforming a lot making PvP very boring with fewer kills and a far more stale meta, for PvE it will finally make Nightmare healing a bit more challenging while not having much impact at all on Story and Hardmode content.

Can some of the number-running peeps let us know what this looks like from a nerf to total HPS perspective? There are so many small changes it is difficult to eyeball.

Kolto Infusion no longer applies a heal over time; instead, the initial heal now heals for 44.51% more

Curative Agent now changes Kolto Infusion back to its heal over time version, and the rest of Curative Agent's effects are unchanged

How does the new curative agent infusion compare with the current infusion on live? Are they identical? Will it heal for more overall than the new default infusion? Or the same amount just split up into an instant and a HoT?

Why does a HoT Healer needs to be in line with burst healer? Shouldn't be the HoT Healer over the burst classes?

Hopefully by brought in line with sorc heals they mean they've reduced how much better it is. Because, as you've pointed out, the HoT healer rather obviously should do at least some amount more raw HPS. Edited by yellow_

Wait...What??

Sage/Sorc are not "burst" healer's anymore. They haven't been since the nerf. No burst, no AoE's, no HoT's. They are pretty much comp healer's and have been.

By brought in line, do they mean nothing?? If these changes are any indication of what they did to sorc's/sage's they will be useless too in PvE. Crazy.

It is not brought in line in terms of raw hps just relative to sorc heals. I cant give exact nums as my maths ain't good enough but your hps is still above sorcs

The changes should make it easier to play if I get them correctly less punishing if you don't manage hots properly. TBH without crunching nums you might have better burst or least no worse than sorcs as the changes really hit their burst hard not that it didn't need to.

The changes seem fair in my opinion as all healers have been putting our far too much hps, and I have found double sorcs on some nim fights to be fun since their nerf as you actually have to try at times now

Wait...What??

Sage/Sorc are not "burst" healer's anymore. They haven't been since the nerf. No burst, no AoE's, no HoT's. They are pretty much comp healer's and have been.

By brought in line, do they mean nothing?? If these changes are any indication of what they did to sorc's/sage's they will be useless too in PvE. Crazy.

Yeah sorcs burst is not great since nerf, but they are far from useless. You can heal all HM and Nim with double sorcs it just requires a lot more effort now. All healers were completely op so they did need brought in line and for HM it really should not make much difference

Yeah sorcs burst is not great since nerf, but they are far from useless. You can heal all HM and Nim with double sorcs it just requires a lot more effort now. All healers were completely op so they did need brought in line and for HM it really should not make much difference

Compared to the other two, they are useless. And yes, you can still heal any HM/Nim ops with two sage's/sorc's. If they are both at +45 apms per, and both the healer's skill are in the top 5%, which is ridiculas. Why they turned the sage/sorc into a comp healer, and why they are doing the same thing to scoundrels is beyond me. It shouldn't make a difference? You kidding? You heal at all? Let me guess, you pvp right?

Edited by Chelz

They say they gave us some burst, I say they really didn't give us much at all and took away a lot. They took away 10% crit healing bonus on kolto injection and kolto infusion. So those will be doing less heals, which means less burst. They took away 20% bonus healing when you crit on surgical probe. That's a big removal of burst. They take away the healing bonus granted by surgical probe to increase surgical probes healing. More burst gone. Then a reduction in HOT healing. Then making it only a 10% chance to get tactical advantage?

What? It's gonna be a lot harder to keep everyone's double probes up with that. So we will end up spending more energy by clicking probe instead and suffer from energy problems.

I usually always take Curative agent for that extra burst on kolto infusion, now if I take it I lose that burst and it turns into a HOT.

I personally don't like these changes. They give us a boost to kolto infusion but also nerf it at the same time along with every other single target "burst" heal, such as kolto injection and surgical probe. Then they nerf HOT's at the same time. These changes are going to make it a lot more difficult to heal in HM and NIM operations.

Ooooh boy. Initial impressions is this looks bad. 10% chance to grant a tactical advantage/upper hand is not a needed nerf. You buffed some burst, but also reduced some burst on other abilities, which means just an overall wash if you ask me.

This is my main healing class (when I do play heals) and I'll save my "They completely destroyed Sawbones" comment for after I actually play it and test it myself. Sometimes the notes look worst then when its actually played and put into practice. But overall this is not looking promising for the finicky Scoundrel/Op healing spec.

Ooooh boy. Initial impressions is this looks bad. 10% chance to grant a tactical advantage/upper hand is not a needed nerf
that change in particular makes very little sense to me given the rest

you ready to be forced to stand still even more than you already do just to spam injections that hit for 8k if by some miracle the cast actually finishes just so you have some TAs to use on surgical probes that were apparently way too bursty to have 20% bonus surge even though they hit for 5k?

my body is ready, let's do this

you nerf mando progressive scan for 7% but you do not nerf Kolto-Waves :D

seems legit.

Srsly BW Merc heals are on par with Sage right now in case of HPS.

Anyway Wandering Mend is an instant Heal while progressive Scan and Kolto-Waves are not Instant.

I do not understand the Merc Heal nerfs... + a lot of Merc HPS comes from Trauma Stabilizers and Adrenaline Rush....

The only advantage of Merc heals are the Defs at the moment - thats all. There are only a few Merc/Mando Heal Players who are able to pull over 10k HPS with this class...

Take those away and Merc Heal is screwed again congrats Biofail

Edited by Tharianus

Sorry, but there is no buff located in this. This is the results of the changes:

Increase the healing to kolto infusion by 45%, not sure if it affects the HoT version in the Curative agent, or if so, how spread out the percentage is to the burst and HoT portions.

-15% critical chance to diagnostic scan

-20% critical heal bonus of surgical probe

-10% critical heal bonus to Kolto injection and kolto infusion

-17% healing from recuperative nanotech

-5% healing from surgical probe

-20% chance to gain a tactical advantage (Now 10%)

There is no buff to our burst except in the process yet again, you nerf the critical healing of the burst move you tried to buff. Don't see how your delayed changes made anything better than make sorcs and mercs more responsive to burst damage over operatives.

Edited by PrometheanDeath

Sorry, but there is no buff located in this. This is the results of the changes:

Increase the healing to kolto infusion by 45%, not sure if it affects the HoT version in the Curative agent, or if so, how spread out the percentage is to the burst and HoT portions.

-15% critical chance to diagnostic scan

-20% critical heal bonus of surgical probe

-10% critical heal bonus to Kolto injection and kolto infusion

-5% healing from recuperative nanotech

-5% healing from surgical probe

-20% chance to gain a tactical advantage (Now 10%)

There is no buff to our burst except in the process yet again, you nerf the critical healing of the burst move you tried to buff. Don't see how your delayed changes made anything better than make sorcs and mercs more responsive to burst damage over operatives.

This guy gets it. ^^^

They nerf all burst abilties and act like they fix operative burst with a increase to kolto infusion(which is also nerfed in the process).

It's also kind of funny/sad, that they didn't list the percents and then go "down from x%" like they did for all the other classes. If people don't know them, maybe they won't complain.

Merc heal nerf is survivable, nothing more than a 7% nerf to something, operative have gone as far as 20% nerfs on passives/abilities, and sorcs even after their nerfs are doing well and still doing content. This looks like the devs found out operative healers could walk again, and beat them in the legs with the nerf bat crippling them once again. Edited by PrometheanDeath

Note: All changes below are currently in development and are subject to change before being released.

Operative

Kolto Infusion no longer applies a heal over time; instead, the initial heal now heals for 44.51% more

Curative Agent now changes Kolto Infusion back to its heal over time version, and the rest of Curative Agent's effects are unchanged

Medicine

Each tick of Recuperative Nanotech now heals for 12% less

The critical chance bonus given to Diagnostic Scan by Prognosis: Critical is now 10%

Accomplished Doctor no longer affects Surgical Probe, and the critical healing bonus it grants to Kolto Injection and Kolto Infusion is now 10%, while its other effect remains unchanged

Medical Therapy no longer increases the healing done by periodic effects, but its other effects remain unchanged

Durable Meds no longer increases the healing done by each tick of Recuperative Nanotech, but still increases its duration

Surgical Precision no longer increases the healing done by Surgical Probe, but its other effects remain unchanged

The chance of getting a Tactical Advantage from a Kolto Waves, Kolto Probe, or Recuperative Nanotech tick granted by Medical Engineering is now 10%

Recuperative NanoTech is now reduced by 12%

Durable Meds no longer increases the healing done by each tick of Recuperative Nanotech from 5% to 0%

Medical Therapy no longer increases the healing done by periodic effects, this is 5% down to 0%.

The crit chance of Diagnostic chance has been reduced from 30% down to 10%. (Diagnostic crits return energy)

Surgical Precision no longer increases the healing done by Surgical Probe from 5% down to 0%.

The chance of getting a Tactical Advantage from a Kolto Waves, Kolto Probe, or Recuperative Nanotech tick granted by Medical Engineering is now 10% down from 30%.

Accomplished Doctor no longer affects Surgical probe, reducing crit healing from surgical probe from 20% down to 0%. It also reduces crit healing from kolto injection and kolto infusion from 20% down to 10%.

These are the percentages we lost for each ability. Also, do not forget that diagnostic scan is how we get our energy back WHEN IT CRITS so with a 20% crit loss its gonna be harder to do. Also with a 20% loss to getting a Tactical Advantage by using Kolto Waves, Kolto Probe, Recuperative Nanotech means less surgical probes which means more using Kolto Probe to maintain double stacks on the raid and less burst healing on tanks.

Well the sorc/sages got nerfed and so will the merc/commando's, so it's only fair to nerf the class with the highest hps. Let's see if the dps can learn to step out of damage circles again.

sages are already nerfed and still able to pull off 10k+ ....

only a handfull Mercs/Mandos right now are able to pull of 10k HPS RIGHT NOW..

It will be almost impossible with those nerfs... it is not fair at all but yeah...

Sages are popular :rolleyes:

Edited by Tharianus

Well the sorc/sages got nerfed and so will the merc/commando's, so it's only fair to nerf the class with the highest hps. Let's see if the dps can learn to step out of damage circles again.

They shouldn't nerf based on HPS. They should focus on EHPS. Any operative of any skill level can do incredible HPS by maintaining 2 probes on every person in the raid and spamming kolto waves. It is not effective at all to do(Sure there are a few fights where every single person is stacked and taking the exact same dmg over time and thats where it shines but majority of the time that isn't happening), but they can do it to fluff their HPS numbers. Their EHPS would be utter garbage.

Ok, maybe I am missing something here, but there seems NO change to the burst output of Operative Heals, just a change as to whether or not you take the Curative Agent utility. The 44.51% buff to the initial heal of Kolto Infusion, and removal of the HoT, seems no different than Kolto Infusion as it is right now, if you take the Curative Agent utility. The numbers are the same. Right now, if you take the Curative Agent utility, Kolto Infusion is a single burst heal that heals for roughly 44% more than without the utility.

So where is the burst increase????

I feel like they are trying to pull a fast one on us, nerfing the heals in general and chopping TA procs down to a third of what it currently is now.

Edited by Decidion

Ok, maybe I am missing something here, but there seems NO change to the burst output of Operative Heals, just a change as to whether or not you take the Curative Agent utility. The 44.51% buff to the initial heal of Kolto Infusion, and removal of the HoT, seems no different than Kolto Infusion as it is right now, if you take the Curative Agent utility. The numbers are the same. Right now, if you take the Curative Agent utility, Kolto Infusion is a single burst heal that heals for roughly 44% more than without the utility.

So where is the burst increase????

I feel like they are trying to pull a fast one on us, nerfing the heals in general and chopping TA procs down to a third of what it currently is now.

That's the thing. There isn't one.