Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dear TaitWatson: The Companion Romance System NEEDS to be fixed.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Dear TaitWatson: The Companion Romance System NEEDS to be fixed.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

NovemberAllthing
03.25.2016 , 09:53 AM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by Sebaddon View Post
I had the same thing happening to me and I reported this bug in game and they told me to post about it on the forums as well (and this thread seems relevant enough to do so).

So bascily before patch 4.2a I played through chapter X with my sniper, was able to do it completely until the end with nothing out of the ordinary, except that after completing the chapter, it didn't actually complete. Then they did patch 4.2a, fixed that bug, but I had to do the entire chapter again on said sniper and couldn't be bothered with it until yesterday.

Everything went fine until the last conversation on Odessen. There, just like November, Kalyo and my sniper suddenly both seemed to think they had romanced eachother, and I got the "lock in or break up" tree with the warnings. Strangely enough I did not get the romance indication when first meeting Kalyo ("that's my wife"). Also strangely enough the ending worked fine before patch 4.2a, as I'm certain I did not get the strange romance tree at the end then.

I did not romance Kalyo (I *never* romance Kalyo), and I'm fairly certain that sniper romanced ensign Temple. I think he did get her letter when KOTFE starts, but since that was months ago it is gone and I can't check. Which may mean it's only that ending conversation that's bugged?

I contacted both costumer support and filed a bug report. Costumer support said I should file a bug report, the bug report strangely enough contacted me (thought they didn't do that through bug reports) and said I should post it on the forums. Apparantly making a decision of any kind will alter the state of that character, so I'll leave him at that point in the story for now... and hopefully they can fix it sometime soon.
I can confirm that it is still not fixed as of this morning after 4.3b even though they claimed to have fixed agents or somesuch. I am disappoint. I'm still apparently somehow stuck in a relationship with Kaliyo I never began... I exited the mission again and will sit until it is fixed.
<3 Blame ONeil <3

EEE

Will pay 1000 CC for /lick emote

katanaacredus
04.25.2016 , 04:03 AM | #172
moved to active thread (and less of a necro)
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...58#post8912458

AnisaBadgett
04.28.2016 , 07:42 PM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hey everyone,

We have seen quite a few reports about the Romance system being broken, and I wanted to clarify a few things. A number of the issues being reported are not, in fact, bugged.

The big one is Iresso. While Iresso is not alone in not acknowledging your romance, he has become the name surrounding the whole situation. In this case, there is a bug Ė the romance variables for some of the pre-KOTFE companions are being improperly assessed, leading to the appearance that they arenít romanced even if they are. This fix is scheduled for 4.1 but is not finalized yet. What should have occurred is that when you completed Chapter I of Fallen Empire, you would receive a mail from your romance. We believe that this issue is also affecting pre-KOTFE content as well; please let us know once the fix is live if you notice any issues. It is worth pointing out that this change is not retroactive: if you have already started Fallen Empire, you will not receive the letter.

I have also seen mention of not being able to romance one of the new characters (Lana, Theron, Koth) being a bug. As far as we can tell, this is not bugged at this time. In order to romance these characters, you must consistently choose flirt options with them throughout KOTFE (having a relationship with Theron or Lana back in Shadow of Revan also contributes to their romances, but is not required) and you must choose a particular option in Chapter IX to pursue a full romance with one of them. If anyone finds that this is not the case for their character, definitely let us know!

As for Courting gifts, we are aware that they are only able to be consumed by Nico Okarr. At first we thought he was just greedy, but we found out itís because of the change from Affection to Influence, and the Courting Gifts not making the appropriate swap. This is also scheduled for Game Update 4.1.

Best,

Tait
Wow, this post and all its promises are getting really moldy.

Ksilvante
04.29.2016 , 10:04 AM | #174
Long past moldy and well into the rot stage now. Supposedly fixed for Ashara in 4.2.......oops, make that 4.4 IF it happens. I love this game but they way Bioware is running it I am fast loosing any faith in the dev team. Too many bugs for too damn long yet they can pop crap out of the CM like nothing at all.
"We gladly feast on those who would subdue us."
Shadar Faile

Lady Kazrabet Lvl 65 Sorcerer

Kirayn
11.02.2016 , 03:15 PM | #175
Quote:
I have also seen mention of not being able to romance one of the new characters (Lana, Theron, Koth) being a bug. As far as we can tell, this is not bugged at this time. In order to romance these characters, you must consistently choose flirt options with them throughout KOTFE (having a relationship with Theron or Lana back in Shadow of Revan also contributes to their romances, but is not required) and you must choose a particular option in Chapter IX to pursue a full romance with one of them. If anyone finds that this is not the case for their character, definitely let us know!
I've finished the KotFE and have no romance with Lana. From forums I've found out about conversation option on Odessen in the Chapter 9 (I need to speak to one of you/I need to speak to one of you (flirt)), but in the game there was no such thing! My toon just has said: "I need to speak to one of you" - without any option.
Is there some way to restart KotFE on this toon?

KifaGreen
11.03.2018 , 05:19 AM | #176
Hey.
Here we are in November of 2018, and I've only just discovered this issue. Like other people, after flirting/romancing with Lana throughout Revan and KOTFE, it seemed odd that flirt options disappeared and nothing else was ever mentioned, but I just assumed it was the story. Not until these last couple of weeks did I discover the "Lana Romance Bug" and that my flag had not been set, the romance was not locked in, the marriage proposal was never an option.

I missed out on the "Error in Alliance Records" mission as a fix for the proposal, because of the bug where my romance flag was never set.

Contacting customer service about this now, I am told "tough luck". We have gone back and forth several times, and the response I get is "We can't fix it", but with no further explanation as to WHY they can't fix it.

I want to take this issue to higher authority but I've no idea how. Either the customer service person's manager, or whatever, whoever. Does anyone have any idea how to contact someone with more authority?

The story-driven aspect of this game is what really drew me in and kept me playing. This aspect of the story is very important to me, and this screwup on their part and refusal to fix it is killing my enjoyment of the game and got me thinking seriously of dropping my subscription and moving on to something else.

KifaGreen
11.07.2018 , 03:41 PM | #177
Moot point. I've deleted my character.

Keirablade
05.11.2019 , 10:56 PM | #178
I completely agree that the companion romance options are broken and SWTOR are zero f's given on fixing them. In my case, I was unable to cancel a companion conversation. I spammed the crap out of my escape button but I was forced into a relationship with a toon that I DID NOT WANT. I have sent in tickets only to be told too bad so sad you're stuck with this. My issue is that on other games and non-gaming related material, my keyboard works perfectly. So, this can't be my system; instead, a game issue.
If SWTOR continues to refuse to fix this, the very least they could do is set up a terminal where you can change your romantic partner preference. I'd spend the damned credits at the terminal to change. This is my main toon, my healer who has nim completed content and this has totally screwed me over and tbh diminished my enthusiasm with the game because these people don't care that they're screwing over ppl who've been playing since launch.