Yet another PvP Thread

chuckymatt

Ranked: Please for the love of everything ranked related, please make either:

A. A separate queue for anyone below 306 to queue ranked.

B. Make it where you HAVE TO BE 306 to queue ranked.

I've had too many matches with people that are not geared. It's a problem for people trying to win games. It's not fun having to carry around a sandbag.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe the problem isn't 306 gear or any of the players playing Solo Ranked? :).

Because during every cycle of new content and gear upgrades, a small (or even smaller) minority of players will be pushing for `The Pure PVP Experience´ and see gear as a mean to an end.

So maybe Ranked PvP and Solo-Ranked PvP need a `PvP-Rank to Enter´, something like Rank 70-80. And maybe Bolster in Ranked (if eligible to `Enter´) has to go to highest Item Rating in the game to minimize the amount of bad and potentially random and unbalanced matches.

Legacy Unlock

Maybe this unlock should be a Legacy Unlock? And the PvP-Rank to enter Ranked could potentially be changed by previous Characters' PvP activity?

/just thoughts

And maybe Bolster in Ranked (if eligible to `Enter´) has to go to highest Item Rating in the game to minimize the amount of bad and potentially random and unbalanced matches.

It already does. Everyone is bolstered to 306 and mastery augments. But that bolster cannot make up for not having a good set bonus and tactical. And it certainly can't make up for lack of experience on a class. Despite the max bolster, gear is much more important now than it was the last few seasons. There were plenty of people playing very well (including some top 3s) in 248 gear last season (when the highest ilevel was 258). There are 0 good players playing ranked without a full set bonus and tactical this season. On the other hand, it's trivial to get a set bonus and tactical if you just do a few mm fps.

They used to require 2018 expertise to even queue. That for awhile mitigated some issues. People still got blown up, but not as ridiculously as before when people would enter with no pvp gear. The issue came right back when they removed pvp gear. I just don't even bother with arenas anymore.

It already does. Everyone is bolstered to 306 and mastery augments. But that bolster cannot make up for not having a good set bonus and tactical. And it certainly can't make up for lack of experience on a class. Despite the max bolster, gear is much more important now than it was the last few seasons. There were plenty of people playing very well (including some top 3s) in 248 gear last season (when the highest ilevel was 258). There are 0 good players playing ranked without a full set bonus and tactical this season.

Ya gear definitely matters way more than it used to.

On the other hand, it's trivial to get a set bonus and tactical if you just do a few mm fps.

Trivial my butt....I've been spamming FP's and have no seen a single set piece drop. The 2 pieces + tactical I've managed to acquire have all had to come from the overpriced vendor. Its slow as hell. I wish BW would just give us pvp gear back with the 4.x legacy tokens and gear cost.

Edited by Raansu

Trivial my butt....I've been spamming FP's and have no seen a single set piece drop. The 2 pieces + tactical I've managed to acquire have all had to come from the overpriced vendor. Its slow as hell. I wish BW would just give us pvp gear back with the 4.x legacy tokens and gear cost.

You just need to farm enough tech fragments to buy the pieces that you need from the vendor. I agree with all of the other complaints that gearing through pvp alone is far too slow, but if you do a few flashpoints a day, you'll have a full set bonus within a week at most.

It already does. Everyone is bolstered to 306 and mastery augments. But that bolster cannot make up for not having a good set bonus and tactical. And it certainly can't make up for lack of experience on a class. Despite the max bolster, gear is much more important now than it was the last few seasons. There were plenty of people playing very well (including some top 3s) in 248 gear last season (when the highest ilevel was 258). There are 0 good players playing ranked without a full set bonus and tactical this season. On the other hand, it's trivial to get a set bonus and tactical if you just do a few mm fps.

Hello J. M. Alex.

Keep in mind I am just trying to disentangle a problem to provide a solution. I did honestly not know 6.X Bolster went as far as 306 with Mastery Augments, as this was lower before 6.0 (example of 242/248 with 236 augments).

Wouldn't `Inexperience of a Class´ be mitigated with a need for a PvP Rank 70 or 80?

I think what you said about Tacticals is very true :) as my grp had 2 Tacticals (to share) from doing 5 Veteran Flash Point last week, and the same from doing 5 Veteran Flash Points this week (with 2 members being below Level 75 both weeks).

Wouldn't `Inexperience of a Class´ be mitigated with a need for a PvP Rank 70 or 80?

Partially. I'm not opposed to increased valor requirements to enter ranked. It couldn't hurt, except for people that like to play a ton of new alts, but there's no reason to cater to such people, especially with the new win requirements that discourage it.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

The game surely needs some more strict restrictions for ranked, however, at this time its not possible or rather they should experiement with it a little. Like, they could apply some changes for a month to see the statistics etc.

Nevertheless if you would create a seperate que for 306 and below 306 gear people it would lead to huge wintrading right away, as the situation would be missused.