The Contraband Slot Machine

EricMusco

Ivanhedgehog there are a LOT of people who either don't do crafting or have not taken the time or spent the credits to keep their crafting up with their level. Making it impossible to sell crafted items means they lose out completely, as do the crafters who use this as their source of income. I do the quests but no ops or fps .. not by choice but because I am unable to do them. I craft and sell to supplement my income .. where possible I buy the rewards (mostly decortions) off the gtn and I gear up my upcoming toons with the income from crafting.

you can always do dailies, like the rest of the non crafters. my point is that there is no difference to the game as a whole if you get mats from a slot machine, gathering missions, or out of the backside of a trained bantha. so his suggestion that some be bound and some not would be unbalanced and unfair.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no reports of any BW comments on SlotGate or RavagerGate at today's Cantina on the twitter feeds I found reporting on the event. Nothing at all. Nor any talk about when any bugs will be fixed.

They did read a Producer's Letter tho. More promises. 2 new FPs in February! Woohoo!

I've started a thread on Cantina news going that has links to the twitter feeds.

looks like they have no plans to change current droprates.

as per dulfy anyways.

sigh.

they are also nervous about making more slot machines. becasue of community backlash. becasue they missed the point of the backlash apparently - don't swing your pendulum so damn wide >_>

oh well

source http://dulfy.net/2015/01/24/swtor-pax-south-cantina-tour-fan-flash-drive-contents/

Edited by Jeweledleah

you can always do dailies, like the rest of the non crafters. my point is that there is no difference to the game as a whole if you get mats from a slot machine, gathering missions, or out of the backside of a trained bantha. so his suggestion that some be bound and some not would be unbalanced and unfair.

I generally don't do any group content unless it is with my daughter .. I am disabled and only have 1 good hand to play with. This causes me to slow down the action considerably and I know I'm holding others back .. or I simply get left behind. Either way it's best for me to avoid group contents.

I agree with your premise of having some mats, and the resulting crafted item, bound is unfair. You couldn't even trade mods made by one of your own toons to another of your toons to gear them up. It simply would not work.

so you condense all the agrevation into one thread, no actual answer. and I can see whats happening here you are burying it in a load of waffle - you ruined the slot machine and need to start refunding cartel coins to those that spent up big to get it on hypercrates. you finally put something useful in a pack to nerf it down to uselessness after everybody has bought up on crates. You think we are stupid you ruined it you shafted your subs and are now doing your utmost to bury the issue. If you treat your customers - you know the people that pay you money like trash they will take their money and give it to someone else who does care about them. How many threads did you prune from your forum posted by disgruntled customers about the overzealous nerf of the slot machine. All those threads and over a hundred pages on this one and you ignore us and bury the issue? I can assure you I will not forget this no matter what you do/give to placate the angry customers (me for one). I also will not be buying any more hypercrates as they are trash and as evidenced by this whole situation when somethings in there that isnt trash you then proceed to turn it into trash. GG

just fix it already ffs.

read this post while you can (it will likely be "pruned") we dont want any negativity on the forums do we

so you condense all the agrevation into one thread, no actual answer. and I can see whats happening here you are burying it in a load of waffle - you ruined the slot machine and need to start refunding cartel coins to those that spent up big to get it on hypercrates. you finally put something useful in a pack to nerf it down to uselessness after everybody has bought up on crates. You think we are stupid you ruined it you shafted your subs and are now doing your utmost to bury the issue. If you treat your customers - you know the people that pay you money like trash they will take their money and give it to someone else who does care about them. How many threads did you prune from your forum posted by disgruntled customers about the overzealous nerf of the slot machine. All those threads and over a hundred pages on this one and you ignore us and bury the issue? I can assure you I will not forget this no matter what you do/give to placate the angry customers (me for one). I also will not be buying any more hypercrates as they are trash and as evidenced by this whole situation when somethings in there that isnt trash you then proceed to turn it into trash. GG

just fix it already ffs.

read this post while you can (it will likely be "pruned") we dont want any negativity on the forums do we

Absolutely, they will hide the outrage, by deleting and suspending posters. There whole mindset is fast tracking this game to higher sub loss.

Whoa, they're still trying to pretend that the outright lying about how only the purple scraps rate would be nerfed doesn't exist? Or any way to resolve this mess?

Glad my sub is non-recurring. Had enough of that garbage with GW2 and its NPE.

Edited by HandOfKane

I still think the best way to handle this is to have a universal scrap, bound to you, that can be used in place of any similar grade material in your personal crafting. The items you make with it are also bound to you.

This way you cant sell the mats or the items made with the scrap.

Why?

Half the benefit of the original slot machine was that it hammered the gougers on GTN.

Why?

Half the benefit of the original slot machine was that it hammered the gougers on GTN.

there is no such thing as a mat gouger. if you do not like the prices you have 2 other options than buying: 1. Do not buy. 2. Start using crew missions and get your very own mats. If EVERY player would do that, no one would need to buy anything of mats out of the GTN. But they don't. Because they are to lazy and those lazy players want to be catered by bioware.

Edited by Neglience

there is no such thing as a mat gouger. if you do not like the prices you have 2 other options than buying: 1. Do not buy. 2. Start using crew missions and get your very own mats.

OK cupcake.

(And it's not just mats.)

Anything that drives out the contrived rarity and drives down prices is good. It's SWTOR not "Space Merchant Sim 2015"... absolutely no regard for the people who play GTN PvP and like to pretend that they're Rockefeller or Morgan.

It's a computer game. There is no economy, there are just things that get in the way of getting what a player needs for their character.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Anything that drives out the contrived rarity and drives down prices is good. It's SWTOR not "Space Merchant Sim 2015"... absolutely no regard for the people who play GTN PvP and like to pretend that they're Rockefeller or Morgan.

Well, they should then start to give out level 60 characters for free, fully equipt with everything a player can desire.

OK cupcake.

(And it's not just mats.)

It's a computer game. There is no economy, there are just things that get in the way of getting what a player needs for their character.

Too bad BW proved they have no regard for lazy people like you instead.

Go play a pay to win game, there the only limit to bypass the "things that get in the way of getting what a player needs" is how much cash you want to throw at it.

No one suggested that other than you, but nice strawman.

Their other argument was that 186 gear was not entry level PVE gear for Ops. That 178 was. Guess they never ran ops cause they are too busy clicking their crew skill boxes to realize the recommend gear level for level 60 Ops is this:

Story mode Ravagers: 186

Hard mode Ravagers: 192

Story mode Temple: 186

Hard mode Temple: 198

Yep sounds to me like 186 is entry level gear for endgame content.

Too bad BW proved they have no regard for lazy people like you instead.

Go play a pay to win game, there the only limit to bypass the "things that get in the way of getting what a player needs" is how much cash you want to throw at it.

Because typing in the forums and clicking crew missions all day long is not lazy?

The only non-lazy mat gatherers out there are the one doing HM FPs and Ops for Exonium, and those farming nodes. Every other method of obtaining mats only requires virtual couch potato effort of clicking a UI.

Because typing in the forums and clicking crew missions all day long is not lazy?

The only non-lazy mat gatherers out there are the one doing HM FPs and Ops for Exonium, and those farming nodes. Every other method of obtaining mats only requires virtual couch potato effort of clicking a UI.

If it is so easy to do, why isn't everyone doing it ? Well, i know that clicking the button is easy, but still players keep complaining to be gauged by other players.

Edited by Neglience

Because they'd rather be playing the game?

Clicking a few buttons is not keeping you away from playing the game. In fact you can actually play the game doing it. The slot machine on the other hand requires you standing there (ofc you can watch tv while doing it)

Specifically related to crew missions, there's another reason people don't do them, and blaming the original drop rates on the CSM for this ranges from foolish to dishonest -- even if the crew member you send has 10k opinion and the bonus to mission critical, you can spend 3800 credits for a Grade 11 mission and quite often get back NO purple mats.

And, in order to get the missions you actually need to have that CHANCE at getting the mats that you need, you often have to rezone over and over.

People are being accused of wanting "something for nothing", when Bioware is asking them to play RNG roulette and get nothing for something!

If Bioware wants to make the crew missions relevant, they need to fix the crew missions.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

I would point out, that at the core of it. All that is involved in a NM Operation is to be a couch potato and click buttons on a UI.

I would point out, that at the core of it. All that is involved in a NM Operation is to be a couch potato and click buttons on a UI.

If you ever done a NM ops, you'll see how false that statement is. All I can say is what I keep saying to my raid group, mechanics kill when you don't pay attention.

It takes substantially more effort and mental concentration to do NM ops than anything else in this game. While yes it is a couch potato activity physically in real life, there's alot more mental work involved. Trust me, I'm more tired after a night of raiding than after a night of crew mission sending.