Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

10730 dmg stunlock in 7 seconds, best pvp class found

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
10730 dmg stunlock in 7 seconds, best pvp class found

SynapseX
12.29.2011 , 01:15 PM | #21
Don't worry, his is going to get nerfed, every high level op I know agrees its way out of line.

Anyone defending the damage is an op/scoundrel that doesnt want to lose their easymode advantage.

Jnaathra
12.29.2011 , 01:16 PM | #22
Anyone that does not think these classes are killing to fast or putting out to much damage.. Is probably playing as one or with one on their team.

Eventually it is going to end.

As more and more players hit the cap there will be more and more video proof to back it up.

Jnaathra
12.29.2011 , 01:17 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Rainsfords View Post
It's the gear. My 46 Operative can do some pretty big burst, but I can't hit those numbers on a 50. What you're seeing is people with pvp gear using a burst class to roflstomp people who are undergeared/not 50. Once you blow hidden strike, backstab and shiv you're basically jumping around in circles. If the opponent survives and shields/pots, you pretty much need to battle stealth and come back in 2 minutes. Besides, Operative/Scoundrel has zero support and almost non-existent survivability if they get caught in the open, so it makes sense that they can kill faster than any other class.
Stealth classes generally do not get caught in the open. That 2 minute vanish can be talented and cut down to 1 minute.

ghettogenius
12.29.2011 , 01:20 PM | #24
This isnt so much a class issue as it is a PVP issue. Take pretty much any lvl 50 with BM gear and bumped expertise and they will wipe the floor with underlevel/undergeared toons. My server is fairly heavily populated and were seeing more and more 50s lately so its getting even worse (for those of us not powerleveling at least).
How am I tanking? Holo 1.800.EAT.SITH

jbrdude
12.29.2011 , 01:24 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Jnaathra View Post
Stealth classes generally do not get caught in the open. That 2 minute vanish can be talented and cut down to 1 minute.
3 to 2, not 2 to 1.
"Nerf Rock. Paper is fine." - Scissors
704 expertise, 65+ VR before patch 1.1.

jbrdude
12.29.2011 , 01:27 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by SynapseX View Post
Don't worry, his is going to get nerfed, every high level op I know agrees its way out of line.

Anyone defending the damage is an op/scoundrel that doesnt want to lose their easymode advantage.
I will guess that they will nerf force sweep hitting multiple opponents for 6k crits each, BHs, etc if they nerf Ops. They aren't OP when going against similarly geared people at max. They are OP against under geared people -- but maybe that's ok.
"Nerf Rock. Paper is fine." - Scissors
704 expertise, 65+ VR before patch 1.1.

Lidasel
12.29.2011 , 01:27 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jnaathra View Post
the 2 minute vanish has 180 sec CD without talents, with talents it's 120 sec.
Furthermore, you WILL get caught in the open as soon as they survive your burst and manage to recover themselfs with CC or support.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Wyiizek
12.29.2011 , 01:28 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Powerr View Post
You havn't watched Envii from my guild play.
6.5k(no gcd)
3k(1 gcd)
1.5k(2 gcd)
Yep, the class was constructed to let people burst like nuts with no skill. Skill cap on opening on someone is 2 on a scale of 1-10.

I've seen a hidden strike for 7800, probably had surge relic and adrenal.

gundamemo
12.29.2011 , 01:32 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by jbrdude View Post
I will guess that they will nerf force sweep hitting multiple opponents for 6k crits each, BHs, etc if they nerf Ops. They aren't OP when going against similarly geared people at max. They are OP against under geared people -- but maybe that's ok.
Because 6k crit force sweep is a spec talent that you need to ramp up first, takes TIME to get the buff first to do that much dmg.

Also because you can "react" to it by poping your defensive cooldown first before engaging or during.

Stunlock + 60-100% of your entire hp (as per some of the posters above with better gear, doing more dmg than the clip) is NOT fine when you die shortly after the stun ends.

Coord
12.29.2011 , 01:39 PM | #30
God I wish you guys would all stop crying and read the patch notes and such, they already nerfed healing so this sort of thing cant happen... wait what?