SWTOR iTunes app is live

onfireguy

Thank God!!! They are doing a horrible job with the release thus far but luckily they had time for this!

Since we weren't supposed to be playing in the first place, we should be happy they let us in so early. Why all the hate? I think they are doing a great job with the release.

Edited by Eraus

That only works for physical. The mobile one is asking for a serial number.

Same here.

It said something about going to the "info" section, 'cept the app goes right to "enter activation code" and I can't get anywhere else.

I found some other line on there that said something about logging into the game's launcher first. no luck there either.

Basically, their information on how to find your serial key (which is VERY lacking) either doesn't work yet, or is just plain wrong.

Edited by WirlWind

Its by EA Swiss Sarl ?? I never herd of EA branch called Swiss sarl, sure this is a real app, and there not just ganking your act code ...

(edit) Ok i just googled EA Swiss Sarl, and looks like they made a hand full of games for the ipod, why would they be in charge of making a security app ?

Edited by Seriphoss

Thank God!!! They are doing a horrible job with the release thus far but luckily they had time for this!

1. Is it really from Bioware?

2. There are most likely different development teams, so the ones working on server code are not the same ones working on app code. Besides, I imagine the busiest department is the Managed Services department (hosting)

Its by EA Swiss Sarl ?? I never herd of EA branch called Swiss sarl, sure this is a real app, and there not just ganking your act code ...

(edit) Ok i just googled EA Swiss Sarl, and looks like they made a hand full of games for the ipod, why would they be in charge of making a security app ?

It's possible it's just a mobile dev branch of EA and they were tasked to come up with the App to save from spending money on outside resources?

I mean, it makes sense that they'd have their own inside App dev group.