Star Wars; Rebels Season IV

t-darko

That's a very interesting point. I like it.

I agree, but I cannot imagine them doing that. Just like with Ahsoka back in TCW. Back then, I was convinced that she would die at the end and that this would be one more reason for Anakin to fall to the dark side. I was totally wrong with my assumption.

My guess: Ahsoka and Ezra will go into hiding, not somewhere, but somewhen in between time and space. Out of reach for everyone, but theoretically still alive. In such a way that they could even come back for Episode IX. (I'm not saying that I think that this will happen, just that the theoretical possibility will be created. They kill the characters without killing them.)

However, the events of Ahsoka leaving the Jedi order probably added to Anakin's disillusionment; his feeling that the Jedi were not as good for the galaxy as they lead everyone to believe. The point being that it had the same effect on him.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think about the series' finale?

I was quite disappointed. The highpoint of the series was definitely the temple episode.

However, the epilog was very nice. After what was told there, I expect a sequel playing after episode VI.

What do you think about the series' finale?

I was quite disappointed. The highpoint of the series was definitely the temple episode.

However, the epilog was very nice. After what was told there, I expect a sequel playing after episode VI.

The epilog to me left it open for a new show, in my opinion.

Well since DF confirmed that both Thrawn and Ezra are alive and we have seen Ahsoka and Sabine unite in their search of Ezra I am pretty sure that will at least be touched in one of future series, which Disney confirmed that there will be lots of them or it will be one of series since i dont think they will introduce ezra ahsoka and company is Episode IX

After the bombshells of the last episodes these ones were almost a let down.

They were good mind you, but that is about it, just "good." Honestly it felt a bit rushed, they could have spent a whole lot more time on the whole Ezra/Emperor interaction and the temptation and conflict there. Can't believe I'm saying this but a little too much of the episodes were devoted to the actual battle. I also wish they could have found a better way to get rid of Ezra than the space whales. Never liked them.

That epilogue though, now that was amazing. I was not expecting them to jump that far in time, and certainly wasn't expecting

Jacen (pretty sure this is how they spelled it :) ) Syndulla

Looking good for setting the stage for the next animated series though.

I was personally left awed by it. It answered to many questions while opening new ones. Sure, it felt kinda bit odd that the Empire did not try to take Lothal back anymore but it was very good ending otherwise.

I really liked how Pryce went down like a champion. For all her scheming and evils, I commend her for that last action.

Now I'm itching for next series that will show us where Ahsoka and Sabine will end up, possibly in their search for Ezra. I can't wait to find out! And where are Thrawn and Ezra, since Dave confirmed them both to be alive, will they work together or find some understanding between each others?

Also, Pellaeon is back in Canon!!

I fully agree with the last replies. Pretty much 100% my opinions, too.

During the Ezra/Emperor scene, I suddenly got an awkward memory of the first Kylo/Snoke scene. And then I thought: "Wasn't there one theory which claimed that Ezra was Snoke?" Followed by: "Doesn't Ezra look in that scene a little bit like a young, healthy Snoke?"

I hope that was just my wild imagination playing tricks on me. ;)

Edited by JattaGin

I found myself getting worried over what might happen next AND started smiling half through the last episode. While I agree that these final episodes really don't touch the heights of the earlier, I find myself pleased and entertained. Filoni had me on my toes making me wonder what might happen next, that's really all one can hope for. Even if I too would have liked som story topics prolonged and penetrated a bit more.

We learned how Ezra was able to make the choice Anakin wasn't able to make. How to let go of attachment, and by doing so stepping away from the Jedi doctrine on how only young infants are suitable candidates for Jedi knighthood. That in itself open up infinite story opportunities in the future. It also brings current Canon closer to the old EU canon. Only Dave Filoni knows what mysteries Ezra will uncover . . . and will he make it in a cross over to a live movie!?

The epilog was a extremely nice touch opening up yet even more story opportunities. But Asoka at the end, that robe AND holy macaroni THAT STAF !!! That, if I ever saw one, is our Space Gandalf; Ahsoka Tano. Her and Sabine that's a dynamic duo with promises of Epic Tales. I want more, and Mr Filoni, I want it NOW!!

Dave Filoni, and all you others who have worked on this show, it's an understatement when I acknowledge; You guys have saved Star Wars for me . . . Thanks and Cheers:)

(...)

The epilog was a extremely nice touch opening up yet even more story opportunities. But Asoka at the end, that robe AND holy macaroni THAT STAF !!! That, if I ever saw one, is our Space Gandalf; Ahsoka Tano. Her and Sabine that's a dynamic duo with promises of Epic Tales. I want more, and Mr Filoni, I want it NOW!!

(...)

So much this! I hated Ahsoka so much when she was introduced first in that TCW movie. During the years I started to like her and since Rebels she is one of my alltime favourite chars outside the Old Republic era. Leaving the Jedi was the best choice she could have made. What a character development ever since. Sabine has also made it to my heart. I just wished she would be a bit less overpowered. ;)

My wish would be that they dare to make an adult cartoon series next. I know it won't happen because of Disney and kids being the main target group. But imagining Ahsoka and Sabine going on some heavyweight missions, with some force mysteries and a lot of darkness everywhere... that could be absolutely awesome.

I had to chew on the finale a bit. I liked the epilogue though. Especially confirming

"Gramps" is Rex.

I almost didn't watch this series, but I couldn't help myself after TCW ended. It turned out better than I expected. Hopefully the next series is just as good or better.

Edited by Atim

Well I dunno about the ending. I mean, it again leads to more and more story, but the problem is, we know where it goes. Before it was fine cause there was no Episode 7 etc and we didnt know what will happen. Now we know that all the effort the Rebels had were in vain, since after the Empire the First Order arose and it all started again. The destruction was even larger!

Therefore watching these episodes kinda filled me with sadness as I knew it is all in vain. Also, I was really getting tired of these gun fights, I mean they stand 5 meters apart and cant hit each other :) (and they shoot for like 3 minutes)

Edited by nepochop

I wonder if we could see Thrawn and Ezra appear in Filoni’s next show? I really enjoyed their rivalry between them.

Final episode was the best in my opinion, also moment when The Emperor showed up with real face was really good, or when Ezra saved Ashoka.

I wonder if we could see Thrawn and Ezra appear in Filoni’s next show? I really enjoyed their rivalry between them.

Final episode was the best in my opinion, also moment when The Emperor showed up with real face was really good, or when Ezra saved Ashoka.

I'd say it is very likely they will. Filoni loves bringing back fan favourites (and occasionally trolling fans with them)

Personally I thought World Between Worlds was top, mostly because of its implications for the Force and hyperspace. I've been rewatching the season and one thing i noticed is when the wolves transport them to the southern hemisphere it looks like they are in the WBW (their footsteps have the same distortions on the "ground") but on the way back, they are clearly in hyperspace (albeit much slower than a spaceship and includes the same kinds of voices as WBW)

The way it ended and at the time have me believing someone from legends who I know very well may come soon... The mortis stuff is exactly why... Mother of the ones, Abeloth. I hope the next series canonizes her.

Honestly I seriously doubt they'll open that can of worms. Abeloth was more than a little controversial.

Well I dunno about the ending. I mean, it again leads to more and more story, but the problem is, we know where it goes. Before it was fine cause there was no Episode 7 etc and we didnt know what will happen. Now we know that all the effort the Rebels had were in vain, since after the Empire the First Order arose and it all started again. The destruction was even larger!

Therefore watching these episodes kinda filled me with sadness as I knew it is all in vain. Also, I was really getting tired of these gun fights, I mean they stand 5 meters apart and cant hit each other :) (and they shoot for like 3 minutes)

That's how I feel about TCW in general, and Rebels too.

One interesting thing I saw they did was go back to the idea from the original trilogy that the battle between LS / DS is also a battle between the natural and the technological. In both of the key episodes, the Ghost crew uses animals to fight their battles against unliving machines. In the finale, this is much more explicit where you see

Ezra using the force - TK - to pinion Thrawn under the coils of the space whale. There's also the obligatory shot of the death star like dome exploding a la Endor. You might also connect that with the Emperor appearing via holo,

disguised as the kindly leader versus his real Sidious persona, but unable to directly affect Ezra, just influence.

It was a good last season, with a lot of redemptive qualities. I never cared much for the Mortis arcs, but this one did a good job of it. I also heartily disliked the role of the Clone Troopers throughout most of the series; I prefer Traviss' depiction of them [please don't lynch me] telling the Jedi to fight their own damn battles, but there's a scene in the finale that tries to convey some of that, ie. "I'm glad I was able to choose a cause worth fighting for." I disliked how Thrawn was characterized though. Zahn's Thrawn would never have bombarded a civilian population, except as a ruse to compel surrender.

That's how I feel about TCW in general, and Rebels too.

One interesting thing I saw they did was go back to the idea from the original trilogy that the battle between LS / DS is also a battle between the natural and the technological. In both of the key episodes, the Ghost crew uses animals to fight their battles against unliving machines. In the finale, this is much more explicit where you see

Ezra using the force - TK - to pinion Thrawn under the coils of the space whale. There's also the obligatory shot of the death star like dome exploding a la Endor. You might also connect that with the Emperor appearing via holo,

disguised as the kindly leader versus his real Sidious persona, but unable to directly affect Ezra, just influence.

It was a good last season, with a lot of redemptive qualities. I never cared much for the Mortis arcs, but this one did a good job of it. I also heartily disliked the role of the Clone Troopers throughout most of the series; I prefer Traviss' depiction of them [please don't lynch me] telling the Jedi to fight their own damn battles, but there's a scene in the finale that tries to convey some of that, ie. "I'm glad I was able to choose a cause worth fighting for." I disliked how Thrawn was characterized though. Zahn's Thrawn would never have bombarded a civilian population, except as a ruse to compel surrender.

Traviss' books were good spin-offs. If you chose to consider them as standalone, separate from the rest of the then canon universe it was a lot easier to look past the blatant inconsistencies. At least until Order 66, then it was just bad.

Begun the derailment has. :)

I disliked how Thrawn was characterized though. Zahn's Thrawn would never have bombarded a civilian population, except as a ruse to compel surrender.

The problem with characterization here is though that we haven't been able to get into his head, unlike in the novel Thrawn which gave us a great insight into his thinking process and more. It should be remembered that time has passed since season 3 and he may have now taken a more ruthless stance on taking down the Spectres after all the trouble they've caused. Knowing his book self though, I think he did not order the bombardment of the civilians lightly but after hefty consideration.

The problem with characterization here is though that we haven't been able to get into his head, unlike in the novel Thrawn which gave us a great insight into his thinking process and more. It should be remembered that time has passed since season 3 and he may have now taken a more ruthless stance on taking down the Spectres after all the trouble they've caused. Knowing his book self though, I think he did not order the bombardment of the civilians lightly but after hefty consideration.

I didn't read that book. I was going to say that we weren't able to get into Thrawn's head in the original EU either, but that's only half-true...it's the reason why Pellaeon was there, to act as his foil. Here we only had governor price and Rukh, and price was a fairly stereotypical imperial flunky, and Rukh was a one-dimensional version of the Noghri [which I think were never named].

I didn't read that book. I was going to say that we weren't able to get into Thrawn's head in the original EU either, but that's only half-true...it's the reason why Pellaeon was there, to act as his foil. Here we only had governor price and Rukh, and price was a fairly stereotypical imperial flunky, and Rukh was a one-dimensional version of the Noghri [which I think were never named].

Rukh was portrayed as he was in Thrawn-trilogy until he found out that Thrawn had been using him and his people for his own uses. And Filoni revealed that he is a Noghri, though the species was not identified in tv-series.

Pryce, she was rather mediocore true in that but we did get to see that how big difference there is between her and Thrawn in their ways of thinking and acting.

• 1 month later...
Thank God Resistance is coming out. We need Dave Filoni's genius to wash away the cancer Abrams is injecting into this franchise.

If anybody can salvage the dumpster fire Kathleen Kennedy and Abrams have started, its Filoni, but I still loathe the entire idea of the First Order and Resistance and badly wish we could have seen what Lucas came up with instead. He was always pretty friendly with EU stuff and I think would have tried to at least respect some of that, also the idea that the New Republic completely flops and becomes the Resistance so quickly is ridiculous and a lame attempt at recreating the Rebels vs Empire situation of the OT.

Luke Skywalker and the movies are still dead to me, but I guess this show could be good.

If anybody can salvage the dumpster fire Kathleen Kennedy and Abrams have started, its Filoni, but I still loathe the entire idea of the First Order and Resistance and badly wish we could have seen what Lucas came up with instead. He was always pretty friendly with EU stuff and I think would have tried to at least respect some of that, also the idea that the New Republic completely flops and becomes the Resistance so quickly is ridiculous and a lame attempt at recreating the Rebels vs Empire situation of the OT.

Luke Skywalker and the movies are still dead to me, but I guess this show could be good.

While I agree that they could have gone in a better direction, GL is quite famous for completely ignoring the EU, considering it to be non-existent.

We'll probably never know what could have been, but it is a fair bet it would have still been completely different than what we had in the EU