Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dantooine H2 solo

Mongorr
06.06.2019 , 05:47 AM | #1
I never had any issues with soloing H2 (and occasionally a H4) with my Vigilance Guardian. But everytime I try this, at some point my Darth Hexid gets one-shotted by the walker. Any tips on how to avoid that? I try to interrupt "shock and awe", but I guess I'm too slow? Maybe I should use a ranged companion as healer? (Of course I use the rockets to disable the shield).
My "Zakuuluscant" stronghold: https://bit.ly/2uQ2aYk
Home is where the Hutt is: https://bit.ly/2sfspXA https://bit.ly/2FdknGg https://bit.ly/2H0H4jr

Sarova
06.06.2019 , 05:54 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Mongorr View Post
I never had any issues with soloing H2 (and occasionally a H4) with my Vigilance Guardian. But everytime I try this, at some point my Darth Hexid gets one-shotted by the walker. Any tips on how to avoid that? I try to interrupt "shock and awe", but I guess I'm too slow? Maybe I should use a ranged companion as healer? (Of course I use the rockets to disable the shield).
This is something I noticed too. On the PTS, companion management was a lot easier, however my level 50 companions are now being one-shot by the walker. Fortunately my sith inq has heal spells so my companion being killed off did not prevent me completing the H2, however it took far too long (and its an annoying heroic anyway - the mechanic is painful & this feedback was given on the PTS forums by many - they like us to be in pain)!
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - Make it Happen || Quinn Treats™
Add an option to switch off vendor icons
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

Ahwassa
06.06.2019 , 06:00 AM | #3
I don´t think you can prevent the companion from dieing. The void comes too fast and if your ranged companion gets aggro, good luck

You can defeat the boss alone, it just takes more time.
Go out of the void, shoot the rocket, try to interrupt his shield and use heroic moment.
(It´s easier with another player - one makes damage, the other shoots and interrupts

SteveTheCynic
06.06.2019 , 07:45 AM | #4
Gunnery Commando with almost complete 252 with 236 and 240 augments everywhere over here. R50 Lana got squished rapidly, and ran in circles collecting missiles and shooting it any way that was off-cooldown and compatible with shoot-while-move. Took a while, but I took it down.

Most fun I've had in a SWTOR PvE fight in a long, long time, right up there with:
* Saving the wipe solo against the last 5% or so, maybe a little more, health each of the hovertanks in Explosive Conflict, with my (dead) guildies cheering me on via Discord.(1)
* Realising that the Voss Exarch was dead in late 2015 when I leaped into the Voss DSF mission without actually knowing what I was doing.

(1) We failed the DPS check, the tanks enraged, and my guildies were all squished in under ten seconds. My character (the same commando, but in weaker gear) just dug her heels in and refused to die.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

svobu
06.06.2019 , 08:02 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Mongorr View Post
Hey there

First time I did it my companion also bit the dust right away. Still managed to kill it with off heals and kolto stations. Didn't try it on my Jugg, but they have pretty neat defensives, so I would bet it's possible.

What you can do though, guard your companion and make sure the walker is on you. Then you just have to keep some distance between you and your companion so that he/she doesn't get cought in the AoE. Which is obvisouly easier with a ranged comp. But the AoE isn't as large, so even if you have a melee one, just make sure you're on the other side of the walker at max melee distance.

Have fun.
Peter

OlBuzzard
06.06.2019 , 08:09 AM | #6
Wow ... reading this makes me realize just how much work I still have ahead of me. Most of my companions.. like 95% are lowby values. At aprox 1.2 mil per companion per 20 levels ... WOW do the math !

Oh well ... back to the grind !

LOL !

Please note: Yes I knew that it was important to increase the value of the companions ... but not quite that much.

It should also be noted that this is probably why so many feel the game is so easy. I really don't have ANY companions above level 25 (maybe 30 ?) and we still do just fine. My gear is not above 240 ( maybe one character with 246 ish ) and we still do just fine. Not great understand. I can't just jump in blindly and take on the entire group in a single pull... but posts like this are in fact more informative than you think.

Back to it ! Still have a lot of catch up learning to do !

The only thing I really need now is to get a really good guide on how to fast track some catch up stuff on crafting! (Mostly for Mods ... and maybe armor .. or perhaps weapons).

Actually the return has been fun. A lot of stuff to do to "really play the game".
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

Drake_Averrod
06.06.2019 , 08:34 AM | #7
I must admit it, seeing people complain about the H2 Walker on Dantooine makes me wonder if my game is bugged. So far I soloed this mission twice (on rep side if that matters) whitout any issues. The only thing the walker does (in my game) is shield himself and fire a ground aoe that does not move so I can easily move out of it. He does not seem to attack me in ANY other way.

If that is indeed the intended behaviour however then beginn the fight with a rocket to his face and attack him. Interrupt his shield-channel as long as you can. Then just keep moving arround until he does his shield-channel again(he does the shield-channel while shielded too and has his abbility thus on cooldown afterwards which will grant you more uptime). After he has finishe his channel fire a rocket at him and attack him. interrupt his next shield channel and move out of the ground AOE when necessary. Rinse and repeat. If you have trouble keeping your melee companion alive (although I don't think you even need one if you move out of AOE fast enough) switch to a ranged one (and don't stack up with him if you are ranged yourself)

I did it on a Sentinel so I had no attacks that needed to be cast or channeled but even with channels/casts it should only take longer and be more annoying but not more difficult. For me the hardest parts of all the Dantoine Heroics are the trash mobs and only because the may swarm your healer if you don't pay attention.

Rion_Starkiller
06.06.2019 , 08:36 AM | #8
Use T3M4. He won't follow you around. Also, try holding aggro better. Use a taunt.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(Ö,,,,Ö)(\/) ¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

lord-angelus
06.06.2019 , 08:44 AM | #9
Pro tip : use the range comp bug and jump in, your range won't follow you, run to him if you need healing and move out. Other than that kite, interrupt the shield cast gg

TrixxieTriss
06.06.2019 , 09:13 AM | #10
Solo’d all 3 Dantooine Heroics tonight on multiple classes. Some are definitely better than others. ie, my Sorc was the easiest, then my Jugg and Merc. Mara’s are painful

I would say the 2 man is actually harder than the 4 man because the boss can one shot you. If you lose your comp healer to one of those, it’s extremely difficult to come back from that.

What I did find with the 2 man is if you can keep the agro and keep your comp off to the side out of the way, you can just use 3 of the missile boxes to crisscross back and forward to get the missile,
As soon as you use the missile, pick up another straight away so you know when it’s off CD.

I lost my healer against Hugo about half way through one of the fights. There’s not much room in area and it was hard to keep her out of the way. I prevailed and got through without dying, but it was a massive slog to grind down his health and stay alive at the same time. (Thank God for Sorc self heal).