Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are these new planet daily areas a good strategy for gaining players?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Are these new planet daily areas a good strategy for gaining players?

DarthSpuds
06.06.2019 , 08:23 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Darka View Post
Dantooine is a "tide over" content,

Its there to keep you going, its there to show the devs are working on the game, and there to keep you interested until the fresh content,
Think of it as the entree before your main,
Its an overly-grindy, grind with extremely limited replayability and an extremely lacklustre rewards structure.

It really isn't keeping anyone interested; unless they were already committed to trudging through whatever slop Bioware throw at us until 6.0 (I am one of those).

I'm already seeing tons of people saying "played it once, that was enough".

As an entree? I'd send it back and look at another restaurant for the Main, and advise this restaurant to get a new head-chef, as whoever designed this dish has no understanding of what the modern customer wants, and is butchering nostalgia in the hopes that a re-hash of 20 year-old pasta-salad recipie is enough.

It really isn't.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

DarthSpuds
06.06.2019 , 09:52 AM | #12
Been through it now twice; once on my Rep main and once on my Imp Main.
Can't honestly see me ever doing them again.

Too little reward, for too much grind, and what little story element there is could be written on the back of a postage stamp.

Simply no where near even being on the same continent as "good enough".

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Kaze-Yama
06.06.2019 , 10:11 AM | #13
I personally find it better than previous event areas. Things are pretty contained and linear making the dailies relatively quick and the heroics are instanced so you are not competing with ganks or waiting for stuff to respawn. Ilum it feels like I spend a lot of time driving from place place and there isn't really a linear path since the area is so spread out. Rakghoul tunnels the heroic and daily quest is annoying with a full instance it feels claustrophobic.

Dantooine is a nice throwback to previous lore and well designed in terms of the map and game flow. The rep armors and decos are lacking for my taste but the mounts and companion are great. I also hope that such a rich lore planet gets additions in the future. Right now there are 6 daily and 3 heroic which maybe they could add a few more missions where you transport to the jedi enclave or visit the old star map location with all the droids and traps from KOTOR.

Lhancelot
06.06.2019 , 02:02 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
At least a couple of people re-sub'd just for the scene with Theron.
If only such simple things drove me to play SWTOR! Wow, I envy these people.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Lhancelot
06.06.2019 , 02:03 PM | #15
Its an overly-grindy, grind with extremely limited replayability and an extremely lacklustre rewards structure.

It really isn't keeping anyone interested; unless they were already committed to trudging through whatever slop Bioware throw at us until 6.0 (I am one of those).

I'm already seeing tons of people saying "played it once, that was enough".

As an entree? I'd send it back and look at another restaurant for the Main, and advise this restaurant to get a new head-chef, as whoever designed this dish has no understanding of what the modern customer wants, and is butchering nostalgia in the hopes that a re-hash of 20 year-old pasta-salad recipie is enough.

It really isn't.

All The Best
lol.
TRUE
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Suzsi
06.06.2019 , 05:44 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
At least a couple of people re-sub'd just for the scene with Theron.
If I wasn't already subbed I so would have done this. Story
is everything, especially when it involves my fav LIs

-

~~ Always looking for more Theron Shan and Aric romance. ~~