Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Saboteur storyline 5.10.3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Saboteur storyline 5.10.3

Typhaos
06.05.2019 , 10:27 AM | #1
After Game Update 5.10.3 “The Dantooine Incursion” , here are some comments:

PLUS:
I liked that we got next bit of story.
I liked defferent options with Theron and Aygo.
I liked that Saboteur got different dialog. I liked that I could choose to reveal myself.

MINUS:
Please don't force me to publicly make fool of myself. That's not pleasant, also that's not very good idea for saboteur strategy because I can imagine important people might easily get impression that I'm not so trustworthy and reliable to include me in important missions.
I'd like my saboteur character to be portrayed as cunning, maybe having to make some sacrifice, maybe taking some hard decisions, maybe forced to take the harder route...
BUT not as a clown.

And moving to Dantooine, suddenly no loyal/saboteur difference in quest? Why? Every update should develop this diversity further, not ignore it.
Or am I missing something?

SUGGESTIONS
My Imperial Agent is somewhat unforgiving, that left me with 3 people at the table (Hylo, Lana, Doctor Hutt).
OK, Sana-Rae is there somewhere on Voss, but some replacements would be advisable.
Saboteurs could have some opportunities to reveal themselves to the wrong people, that would later backfire.

Tashia
06.05.2019 , 11:03 AM | #2
IF you are going to play the double agent -- like my Hunter ...
I have a feeling we will have to make some dark side choices for this thing to work -- or at least make it RP wise work;
next decision she makes will more than likely be DS -- not LS --- but since what has happened, has happened ( not going to give spoilers here, trust me) --- I feel a LOT better about it now -- my Hunter can go FULL undercover

Besides if you didn't look like a clown ...
Spoiler
Everquest to Star Wars Old Republic .....
from Swords and Shields to Blasters and Rockets .......

JakRoanin
06.05.2019 , 12:08 PM | #3
I need more sabotage missions! Why is it that we do the dailies that loyalists do?

Elessara
06.05.2019 , 04:22 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JakRoanin View Post
I need more sabotage missions! Why is it that we do the dailies that loyalists do?
Because this event is technically meant to be done at any point in the entire story, not just post Ossus. So unless they made entirely different event quests for saboteurs then this is what we get stuck with.

Frankly I don't like the saboteur storyline at all and would prefer to openly side with the other faction.

Sarlegant
06.05.2019 , 09:28 PM | #5
Exactly... my bh merc chose to side with the republic... and yet today I am still killing Pub soldiers and a few Jedi...

The in game solution should be as easy as a race change.. just use mirrors of the current race. My bh merc is a imp zabrak... all it takes is for BioWare to create other races, mirrored, one for each existing class.

It’s always been wrong anyway... a dark side Jedi should have always had dark side powers.

Tashia
06.05.2019 , 09:50 PM | #6
but as someone said somewhere -- dark side Jedi = sith
and a light side sith = jedi

so that might be the logic in the powers they have -- just a theory
Everquest to Star Wars Old Republic .....
from Swords and Shields to Blasters and Rockets .......

Typhaos
06.06.2019 , 12:42 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Tashia View Post
but as someone said somewhere -- dark side Jedi = sith
and a light side sith = jedi

so that might be the logic in the powers they have -- just a theory
Saboteur Sith =/= LS Sith =/= Jedi...
Funny fact: my saboteur SW is max DS.

But my saboteur Jedi consular is DS and frankly it would be probably easier for me to convert at least skills icons into corresponding icons from SI, because my brain just can't match them properly and SI is my main, lol. And while on SI I play almost on autopilot, on JC I'm always guessing. Some icons look too alike and don't represent the effect. Also, I "hate" Jedi ;-)

Noerra
06.06.2019 , 04:24 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by typhaos View Post
snip... Please don't force me to publicly make fool of myself. That's not pleasant, also that's not very good idea for saboteur strategy because i can imagine important people might easily get impression that i'm not so trustworthy and reliable to include me in important missions. ...snip

Empire! Empire! Empire!

kirorx
06.06.2019 , 05:38 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarlegant View Post
Exactly... my bh merc chose to side with the republic... and yet today I am still killing Pub soldiers and a few Jedi...

The in game solution should be as easy as a race change.. just use mirrors of the current race. My bh merc is a imp zabrak... all it takes is for BioWare to create other races, mirrored, one for each existing class.

It’s always been wrong anyway... a dark side Jedi should have always had dark side powers.
Darkside and lightside powers have always been something I thought would be cool.

Grant a mirror ability for dark side levels, like a darkside level 2 jedi could have force choke which is on the same cool down timer as force statis.

The down side to this is that the reverse side to this looks lame. Who would want to use force stasis or pebble throwing instead of the force choke and lightning.

Suzsi
06.06.2019 , 06:49 AM | #10
I really like( LOVE) this story on my formally double agent, I cant really see it fitting with my Sith Inquis or Sith Warr though I would rather they could just openly go republic and kinda hate that this wasn't an option, that we are forced to double agent. It might fit my BH ok but that remains to be seen. Havent really played her since Torian hasn't had a part.

-

~~ Always looking for more Theron Shan and Aric romance. ~~