Event Rewards & General Loot

LordKroenen

First off I'd like to say thank you, I see the increased communication and overall jump in excitement amongst the team and I can't help but be pumped for what's to come.

However, I've had a question for quite some time and not sure if it's ever been addressed.

What's stopping the team from adding new rewards to long standing events such as Gree, Bounty Brokers etc? I believe its pretty fair to say that it'd draw increased excitement from those of us that have already completed the reputation and have bought the rewards that have been there for a while. I'd go nuts sinking my teeth into the Gree event if there was a brand new digital mount or a crazy new rifle at the BBA. I can't possibly be alone in thinking this!

But why stop there? Open up the loot in the open world! Add items that existed earlier in the game to random mob drops, treasure chest, seeker droid etc. It would add just the right amount of nuance to what can sometimes turn into a dull affair.

When content dries out I fall into my favorite pastime of outfit creation, and I like many would go to great lengths to get the right look. I'd love to have a reason to travel back to Tatooine. Alderaan, Korriban, outside of just event quest, if it meant the possibility of a brand new look.

I look forward to having dialogue on this topic, all the best.

I support this as well. It is absolutely silly the lack of new items, variety, and diverse vendors in this game. Schematics too. Take the Dantooine rep vendor outfits. Who would want to wear those outfits? Who would want to grind for those outfits? Give me a break.

Hear, hear! WB's, Event Bosses, DvL Bosses, Heroic/Uprising/Flashpoint/Operation Bosses, Seeker/Binoc Bosses, Space on rails/GSF bosses should all be updated with more rewarding loot.

Definitely! It would make older content worth while again and give people a reason to do things that pretty much got left behind!

I certainly would like a chance at getting the older items/ schematics from bosses. It'd also add to the overall game economy if they were BOE, unless that'd screw things up of course

:jawa_redface:

What's stopping the team from adding new rewards to long standing events such as Gree, Bounty Brokers etc? I believe its pretty fair to say that it'd draw increased excitement from those of us that have already completed the reputation and have bought the rewards that have been there for a while. I'd go nuts sinking my teeth into the Gree event if there was a brand new digital mount or a crazy new rifle at the BBA. I can't possibly be alone in thinking this!

There are specialty vendors next to the event vendors at the Cartel Bazaar that offer items for sale from past in-game events at the cost of bounty, Gree, and rakghoul event currency. The items are from the 2012 Chevin and original Rakghoul events. Make sure to check those items out if you haven't yet. However, they are priced at a premium to make it fair for players who acquired the items back during the original one-time event.

They could do the same with other past in-game event rewards like the 2016 DvL event. There's plenty of players who would be willing to grind event currency to obtain Ranos, but adding new bounty/Gree/rakghoul-themed rewards would be good too.

But why stop there? Open up the loot in the open world! Add items that existed earlier in the game to random mob drops, treasure chest, seeker droid etc. It would add just the right amount of nuance to what can sometimes turn into a dull affair.

Sounds like a great idea to me. I would love to see the gear from the planetary commendation vendors returned to the game. Those vendors were removed in 4.0 for some reason, but they had a lot of great-looking armor and weapons. Link: https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/planetary-commendation/

It seems like a no brainer to keep adding new rewards to the vendors for the events. I’m not sure why they don’t do it because it would keep more people interested in doing them.

I’ve got all the gree rewards I want and similarly the rakgaul ones for many years now, so I don’t even bother doing them anymore.

I really hope they add some better ones for the Dantoonine one as that is my favourite event so far and I think I’ll be maxed out with the rewards I want after a few events.

Sorry Bioware guys, but those Armor sets on Dantooine are really ugly and they just look like mob sets. I won’t be buying them even if I’ve a stock pile of the currency. At least the gree Armor sets are cool and have lights ;)

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Sorry Bioware guys, but those Armor sets on Dantooine are really ugly and they just look like mob sets. I won’t be buying them even if I’ve a stock pile of the currency. At least the gree Armor sets are cool and have lights ;)

You people have no appreciation for the finer more detailed features of the new minimalistic style avant-garde armor sets BW sometimes rolls out. :(

You people have no appreciation for the finer more detailed features of the new minimalistic style avant-garde armor sets BW sometimes rolls out. :(

Reskinning existing armor sets isn't avant-garde, it's lazy. Doing it with two sets is additionally lazy. Honestly, virtually any bronze CM set is light-years better.

Not only is the Dantooine armor set not very nice looking, it's the one reputation/event armor that isn't bound to legacy. That means most will ignore it, I know I will. Not bound to legacy = not interested.

The Dark vs. Light vendors could use some more items and love also... I've got max coins on 20 or more characters of each alignment and absolutely nothing to spend them on.

Great suggestion! Would love to see updated items added to events, planet rep vendors, all of it!

Sounds like a great idea to me. I would love to see the gear from the planetary commendation vendors returned to the game. Those vendors were removed in 4.0 for some reason, but they had a lot of great-looking armor and weapons. Link: https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/planetary-commendation/

Definitely agree, was a big fan of these vendors as they often offered looks that separated you from the typical cartel market fashion.

All I want is good looking stuff worth grinding for.

I remember subjecting myself to pure torture just to get the Battlemaster gear of old, and it was worth it!