Still have little/no desire to play a non force class

Darth_Solrac

My personal guess is that the IA is based on Atton's profession from Kotor2.

Not the scoundrel class, but what is mentioned in his backstory. Specially trained elite squad working behind the scenes, having Jedi-hunting as one of their specialities.

I have created one of every base class except Trooper and Scoundrels.

Trooper just feels like an NPC class. I have both a merc and a powertech BH, feels like an individual with a story. But Troopers already on the character creation screen, feels like a clone.

And yet Scoundrels are based on Han Solo. I mean he is a great character, but not because of his profession. Looks like a civilian who found a blaster in the garage, running around fighting force sensitive warriors and trained military forces just doesn't work conceptually for me.

LS Sith Warrior is..ok. It doesn't really fit, you aren't being a Jedi in disguise as some people may like to think. You are basically a very fair Sith with differing ideals to the 99% other dark siders, sparing lives and being civil with your enemies. You are still a loyal Empire follower, you just act in a nicer manner.

I haven't tried a dark side Jedi before, but I think it would actually be more fun than an LS sith if you are trying to really feel the part of a fallen Jedi.

Yuupp. Like I said, I wanna Anakin feel to my DS JK. Especially the growing distrust & dislike of the Jedi Council.

The original three movies evolved around non force fighting other than luke there were han, chewey, wedge, various rebels and troopers, jawas lol, bobba. alll were important and not many lightsabers were used. not bashing you but just saying. my two mains are ds smuggler and ds IA.

the trooper feels flat unless your going for a captain america like story. The imperial agent is fun and really shows the life of the empire and you have a james bond/triple X type character. Smugglers are a blast. I feel like a space pirate. Bounty Hunters feel like space cowboys out to hunt the most wanted people in the galaxy for a profit.

those don't seem appealing?

Well, Han was the coolest character in the original three movies. And playing the unquestioning, loyal Lt type has always been something I enjoy. So, nope, overall, I prefer the non-force users over the force users.

Besides, there's something very satisfying about sticking a knife into a glowstick user's back.

That's funny, may be it's the matter of age, but personnaly I can't make myself roll a jedi. Though about 15yrs ago I'd probably be the first crying out loud "IWANABEJEDI1". I'm absolutely happy with my smuggler lady, and I tried BH\pt. Well...BH did not feel that good for me, actually, probably should try trooper\vanguard instead... SW (EU especially) is not only about lightsabers and Force-users, you know.

Its all a matter of taste, when I played SWG I never once touched a jedi, now that I'm playing in SWTOR I felt very compelled to play one.

smugglers / bhs are just as huge in the starwars world as jedi

I don't get the issue. It's a non-issue to me.

I have to roll a char of all basic classes. Got to! There's the class story, you see. Can't miss the class story.

(And even then I ought to roll twice pr. basic class. Just to get a light and dark version of the stories. And another two times again. So I have a DS/LS-char of each gender to experience the VO-work. Permutations galore.)

I was adamant my first toon was going to be a force user so I rolled a marauder. Once I maxed out that toon I rolled a gunslinger out of boredom and I've had just as much fun with it. I'm looking forward to playing the sniper and commando. I also tried a guardian/sorceror/shadow but those are on the back burner until I get through the non-force users.

IMO the female smuggler storyline/dialogue/voiceover has been the most entertaining so far.

Wut? I don't understand what you are refering to here. Europeans have a special view on Sith warriors?:confused:

EU is a common short for Expanded Universe when you talk about SW. It usually means everything that is not from Lucаs initial films. like books, games, series etc, to put it simple.

Edited by NRieh

Yeah to be honest, I can't find myself to roll a FORCE user. I tried, but the whole mystical allure of the original saga Jedi is ruined when it is quantified with focus mechanics and stuff. I like to think that Jedis are simply these mysterious warriors, and therefore I play non-force users to still capture that allure of the Jedi from the movie, and myself as a normal guy.

Had to play a Sith first, since all the other games eventually PUSHED you into being a good guy..even if you were more on the darkside in KOTOR 1+2, you still kinda worked mostly for the jedi...then you got Force Unleashed, started as that bad@ss sith apprentice .... you guessed it...who went good midway, so i finally wanted a story where i can be the bad guy from start to finish.

IA interested me, just because i thought that the whole cover gameplay plays out a lot different. I hate repetetive stuff, so i am very limited to my classes, since a lot of sidequests overlap.

Probably have to go Republic after i finish my sith warrior, just so i can see new areas and side missions.

Edited by statistx

I would not recommend IA/Operative if you want to actually do damage. In 1.2 the operative is being forced into a healing roll to be taken in any pve content with all the hard enrage timers on the 1.2 operation bosses being so low.

Dps operatives have a good story, but low damage, no utility and generally are a detriment to a group with low, out of stealth defenses.

I would not recommend IA/Operative if you want to actually do damage. In 1.2 the operative is being forced into a healing roll to be taken in any pve content with all the hard enrage timers on the 1.2 operation bosses being so low.

Dps operatives have a good story, but low damage, no utility and generally are a detriment to a group with low, out of stealth defenses.

I finished second as a Lethality Operative in Nightmare Mode Council. So :p

Not that I highly recommend the class either though, the micromanagement is a headache.

I do recommend IA for the story. My favorite that I've experienced so far.

Edited by chuixupu