Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is It just me? Are Scouts a bit OP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Is It just me? Are Scouts a bit OP?

tunewalker
12.12.2013 , 10:04 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
I just playing my strike for the first time and I got 100 kills and 1 mil damage.

Anecdotes are fun.

Even if your story is true, then all it does is back up my argument of you where trying to play your strike like a flashfire and losing because that's not what strikes are for.
It is true, and like I said you don't know a thing about how I play each kind of ship don't assume try to get 80k on a strike go ahead when some one any posts 80k on a strike I will concede but its never going to happen so enjoy the frutility of it .

Helig
12.12.2013 , 10:06 AM | #42
Like I tell people who make outrageous class-based complaints about ground PvP, If you consider a class OP, play it yourself. You'll know its strengths and weaknesses and you'll realize that grass isn't as green as you think it is. Oh, and you'll realize how to dismantle it, too.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Zoom_VI
12.12.2013 , 10:34 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
It is true, and like I said you don't know a thing about how I play each kind of ship don't assume try to get 80k on a strike go ahead when some one any posts 80k on a strike I will concede but its never going to happen so enjoy the frutility of it .
I know how 90% of people can't tell the difference between a fighter and what rates similar to a fighter-bomber, and as such play Strikes like a flashfire and of course get raped by people playing flashfires like a flashfire.

As for 15 kills, lol I get 13 or so kills just guarding B in kuat by sitting still and just turreting people as they try to kill the turrets. ofc a strike would be better at that type of head-tohead but I haven't upgraded my strike to where I would like it.

Also all your arguments are based on the assumption that every single flashfire uses blaster overcharge and distortion field. I use neither and know others that do the same.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

tunewalker
12.12.2013 , 10:37 AM | #44
I know how 90% of people can't tell the difference between a fighter and what rates similar to a fighter-bomber, and as such play Strikes like a flashfire and of course get raped by people playing flashfires like a flashfire.

As for 15 kills, lol I get 13 or so kills just guarding B in kuat by sitting still and just turreting people as they try to kill the turrets. ofc a strike would be better at that type of head-tohead but I haven't upgraded my strike to where I would like it.

Also all your arguments are based on the assumption that every single flashfire uses blaster overcharge and distortion field. I use neither and know others that do the same.
Your fault for not using the most OP abilities in the game so if you aren't getting more then 10 kills every game with more then 40K damage you only have yourself to blame not your ship class. Your ship class has access to them not using them in their current Op state is under preforming.

Zoom_VI
12.12.2013 , 10:46 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
Your fault for not using the most OP abilities in the game so if you aren't getting more then 10 kills every game with more then 40K damage you only have yourself to blame not your ship class. Your ship class has access to them not using them in their current Op state is under preforming.
Nope, I don't use blaster overcharge and distortion because they don't fit my fighting style. I prefer the engine boost from quick charge and have booster recharge as I am usually running between objectives. I do use retro but then again star guards have retro aswell.

10 kills? Now your pulling numbers out of thin air. I said 13 kills while doing nothing but sitting still guarding a node. your acedote about getting 15 kills on a flashfire is pathetic. And I almost always have most kills+assists, except for every once in awhile when a gunship will out do me.

Star guards are fine, most people I fight just don't know how to effective use the double primary. And if you think Pikes are underpowered, excuse me while I laugh at you.
Crinn

tunewalker
12.12.2013 , 10:51 AM | #46
Nope, I don't use blaster overcharge and distortion because they don't fit my fighting style. I prefer the engine boost from quick charge and have booster recharge as I am usually running between objectives. I do use retro but then again star guards have retro aswell.

10 kills? Now your pulling numbers out of thin air. I said 13 kills while doing nothing but sitting still guarding a node. your acedote about getting 15 kills on a flashfire is pathetic. And I almost always have most kills+assists, except for every once in awhile when a gunship will out do me.

Star guards are fine, most people I fight just don't know how to effective use the double primary. And if you think Pikes are underpowered, excuse me while I laugh at you.
Let me know when a Star guard or a Pike get lucky and get 80k, they aren't underpowered Scouts using Distortion Field and Blaster overcharge are overpowered. The 10 kills thing was pretty much saying on a bad day half drunk you can get that with those abilities on a Flashfire.

Almost always top kiils + assists....oh the ship is fine everyone just sucks and I AM LEETS, never for even 3 seconds thinking maybe its the ship.

SawneyRath
12.12.2013 , 10:54 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by MCaliban View Post
I find scouts easier to take out in my gunship than strikers.

I find it easier to farm requisition in my scout.

I can do more damage overall in my gunship, but only if the rest of team is competent. I usually start in a scout and then if the team seems solid, I'll switch to gunship.

With a scout I can fly all over the map, taking on targets of opportunity and easily disengaging if things get too hot. Likewise, if a node suddenly starts losing turrets, I can get there faster.

1 on 1 vs a striker, I'll usually die in my scout ship... but I don't have to do a 1 on 1 if I don't want to. I think that's the 'OPness' of the scout - not that they're better damage dealers or better in a fight, but that they get to choose which fight they're in.
These are true words right here. Scouts may feel OP when played by a skilled pilot, but ANY ship will feel that way if you're squaring off with a more skilled pilot than you.

Scouts are not designed for sustained fights. Wittle them down with all you got, and watch as they try to flee from your missiles/blasters (In a striker of course. Gunships just sit back and snipe :P). Scouts will pester you, but they will run (Especially if they aren't as skilled as you are). If you're going against a veteran Pilot though, it really doesn't matter what your flying, cause the person is just better then you. Simple as that.

Why else would everyone complain about ALL the ships being OP? Because someone better then them flies it, kills them, and now they think its OP. I don't think one Ship style has not been called OP yet.
Selique Lasra [Jung Ma RPvP]
Guildmaster of <Esoteric Order/Knights of Atonement>
~Star Wars Galaxies Vet (Scylla/Starsider)~

Soul_of_Flames
12.12.2013 , 10:56 AM | #48
I think I want to agree with the OP. I primarily play scouts and I usually am able to maneuver around strike fighters and gunships to give me the upperhand pretty easily. Tbh, my average life in a scout is over half a match, so it isn't a question of longevity either. Only on occasion do I find myself being chased down and killed by a strike fighter.

And whenever I play as a strike fighter, I just feel at a disadvantage as opposed to what I'm used to with my scout.

Gunships, are just boring and I don't enjoy playing them at all.

Zoom_VI
12.12.2013 , 10:56 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by SawneyRath View Post
Scouts are not designed for sustained fights. Wittle them down with all you got, and watch as they try to flee from your missiles/blasters (In a striker of course. Gunships just sit back and snipe :P). Scouts will pester you, but they will run (Especially if they aren't as skilled as you are). If you're going against a veteran Pilot though, it really doesn't matter what your flying, cause the person is just better then you. Simple as that.
^^this
Crinn

AlrikFassbauer
12.12.2013 , 10:59 AM | #50
If memory serves me a flashfire have been shot down by another scout no more than four times,
Could have been me.

Wasn't upgraded, though.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.