Don't buff commando healers

General_Aldo

Look, I play a commando healer, and already 95% of the time out-perform any other healer in warzones. Giving commando healer a utility buff will only make us OP in warzones. Knowing how to correctly play a commando can go very far in PvP/PvE. In warzones, I will only die in a 1v3, which still takes a while and sometimes I can still survive it. Giving a buff in PvP will make good commando healers gods. I like people thinking we are a bad class to play, with in reality, we can do as much heals if played properly. I know the learning curve on commando healer is huge, and it takes extreme skill to play properly. If any buffs are going to be given to commandos, then give it to the dps. :rak_01:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, I play a commando healer, and already 95% of the time out-perform any other healer in warzones. Giving commando healer a utility buff will only make us OP in warzones. Knowing how to correctly play a commando can go very far in PvP/PvE. In warzones, I will only die in a 1v3, which still takes a while and sometimes I can still survive it. Giving a buff in PvP will make good commando healers gods. I like people thinking we are a bad class to play, with in reality, we can do as much heals if played properly. I know the learning curve on commando healer is huge, and it takes extreme skill to play properly. If any buffs are going to be given to commandos, then give it to the dps. :rak_01:

although theyre healing may not be as strong... i find they are very hard to take down....

if they could buff their output without making them a healer/tank in one thatd be ok

I'd be willing to validate your opininion if you could post a ss of doing 1400+ hps right now the other 2 classes can do 14-1500+ hps in a great game all be it where as the commando heals having an outstanding game is around 900-1100ish. Also as a commando healer if someone interrupts you your heat management really takes a big impact on that. That being said commando heals atm only need a slightish buff. If the new changes go forth for aoe heal sages the order of pvp healers will be: AoE Sage, Bubble Sage, Scoundrel Healer....whats the point of a commando healer again? In order to make them viable for pvp they need to give them a unique buff something that other healers can't do and the other team needs or helps the team. If they are designated support healer make it so their kolto missle can increase healing received by 5-10% or give a damage reduc buff as well as healing received. Something new...unfortunately BW most likely won't do this :(

because performance against bads in normal WZs is indicative of how well a class can do against the best players at the highest level in RWZ

:rolleyes:

there are a couple players on JC that can really play the commando healer, but they're few and far between. most ppl don't even bother with the spec.

it annoys me that so many ppl roll out in gunnery. they're all carries. even if you know what you're doing, you're a carry. it's just too damn easy to unseat them. they're bad snipers. I kinda wish commando healing were more accessible just to cut down on the number of grav carries. on the plus side, I do see more assault specs since 1.4.

I'd be willing to validate your opininion if you could post a ss of doing 1400+ hps right now the other 2 classes can do 14-1500+ hps in a great game all be it where as the commando heals having an outstanding game is around 900-1100ish. Also as a commando healer if someone interrupts you your heat management really takes a big impact on that. That being said commando heals atm only need a slightish buff. If the new changes go forth for aoe heal sages the order of pvp healers will be: AoE Sage, Bubble Sage, Scoundrel Healer....whats the point of a commando healer again? In order to make them viable for pvp they need to give them a unique buff something that other healers can't do and the other team needs or helps the team. If they are designated support healer make it so their kolto missle can increase healing received by 5-10% or give a damage reduc buff as well as healing received. Something new...unfortunately BW most likely won't do this :(

I would post a video, but I don't know how. Also, I have done 1M healing in a PUG that didn't guard or peel. I know that's not too much to be proud of. Also I only do reg warzones, because that's all i can do (Since my guild left). But commando has something other classes don't: It can tank against 5 people for a 30+ sec duration. Commando might need a LITTLE something, but I don't want anything where it breaks the class and anyone can play it.

although theyre healing may not be as strong... i find they are very hard to take down....

if they could buff their output without making them a healer/tank in one thatd be ok

They're hard to take down because you can put points into the skill tree to increase all healing you receive. This means that they can sit their and heal themselves under their bubble for 12 secs and be a meatshield.

I would post a video, but I don't know how. Also, I have done 1M healing in a PUG that didn't guard or peel. I know that's not too much to be proud of. Also I only do reg warzones, because that's all i can do (Since my guild left). But commando has something other classes don't: It can tank against 5 people for a 30+ sec duration. Commando might need a LITTLE something, but I don't want anything where it breaks the class and anyone can play it.

I think that might be the extent of what I have seen people ask for.

I just respeced my merc back to bodyguard again last night hoping to find time to get him going again. Have a couple other things I am doing first though.

There is nothing special about healing random PUG's. Operatives are superiior to mercs in just about every way and there is no real reason to bring one anywhere. Especially with games full of people spamming smash. If you are that good on your merc there is no reason you wouldn't do better on an op.

Things mercs have that ops don't have: int shield, knockback, and ...........barely better single target heals. They also have some extra range on a few abils but as an op i can heal while i move so i don't really give a **** about that or the int shield

Things ops have that mercs don't have: heal that costs no resource and regens energy (and can be self cast), HoTs, instant cast spammable heals, stealth, cover, instant aoe cc, sap, ability to drop force debuffs, BEST PVP AOE HEAL

Obviously this isn't a perfect comparison. But I think i have made my point......

There is nothing special about healing random PUG's. Operatives are superiior to mercs in just about every way and there is no real reason to bring one anywhere. Especially with games full of people spamming smash. If you are that good on your merc there is no reason you wouldn't do better on an op.

Things mercs have that ops don't have: int shield, knockback, and ...........barely better single target heals. They also have some extra range on a few abils but as an op i can heal while i move so i don't really give a **** about that or the int shield

Things ops have that mercs don't have: heal that costs no resource and regens energy (and can be self cast), HoTs, instant cast spammable heals, stealth, cover, instant aoe cc, sap, ability to drop force debuffs, BEST PVP AOE HEAL

Obviously this isn't a perfect comparison. But I think i have made my point......

Pretty much this. Merc/Commando if played properly can be an excellent class, but they are still behind the other two classes in total healing output, which is pretty important.

lol i speed up to 8 minutes in and immediately see him go down while trying to cast himself out of a sub 30% hole

Woudla walked away scott free

The point here isn't all merc heals suck

It's just that ALL merc heals could do better with an operative if they aren't *********** retarded

commandos are very hard to take down for ... 15 seconds, and then you are dead doesnt really matter what u do, + if you happen to not have reactive shield ready then you are just pretty much toast against anyone that has half a brain.

Bioware already stated that commandos (healer and dps) lack escape abilities against multiple enemies.

Edited by xxIncubixx

just wanted to mention for those who still claim commando heal is in any way weaker than scoundral sage healer... ::

http://de.twitch.tv/phrakk/b/366109774

i watched about a minute. its really easy to heal when nobody pays attention to you. try healing when you have multiple melee opponents on you, coordinating their interrupts. not being able to cast your 2 main heals = you dead.

ps nice backpedaling

Just my opinion :

My main toon is a concealment operative, and I can assure that the hardest class to take down is commando healer. Good ones are not killable for me 1 vs 1. If they are buffed they will be very OP.

1v1 a healer is a horrible way to judge the healer's worth in a wz. commandos are the hardest to 1v1 (if you know how to time your burst with ops). however, they are the least effective healers - reg or rated - on average. there are a couple commandos on my server who are exceptions to the rule...I mean a couple. like 2.

staying alive and actually healing other ppl are two different things. I can kite just about anyone on my mando using cds and just trauma probe, kolto, instant heal, cleanse if necessary. trading one healer for one dps out of the fight is a win for the team that lost the dps. 2v1, I'm going down. either way, the mando healer is sol.

in other words, if 1v1 a healer is the measuring stick, then he's not a healer. he's a tank. and he lacks stealth and leap.

Edited by foxmob