bots hacks and cheats killing pvp

akcac

No, wrong area.

I'm talking about the pinkish force field controls PASSED the 2nd doors (the 2nd doors are after the bridge controls, the bridge controls are after the 1st doors). Until those force fields are down, no one is supposed to be able to shoot or move through them.

Well attackers spawn right above that area so if you were a defender and someone was hitting you it could be they were standing up top? So they could get the angle to you over the forcefield?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even understanding player abilities and different class abilities there are still fishy things that go on;

Case and point, 2nd to last doors in VS blow, I get sentinel sprint plus use my sage force speed. I don't get slowed up or touched on my way to defend the next section prior to the last doors. When I reach the far terminal for the force field, I see an operative 75% done planting a bomb on the door. Luckily I throw a FIB and stop him, but I still see no possible way he could have outrun me and capped the force-field terminal, dropped and be 75% done planting a bomb before I arrive at the final terminal location. I could live with him starting to cap the final terminal for the force field when I arrive, but not having already capped, dropped and almost planted on the next door.

Do I think cheating goes on as much as people think? No - but I do believe it happens.

1.) You may have sitll been in-combat, despite not being touched, so you didn't have "sprint"'s ooc movement speed modifier. Ops/Scounds have a "combat cloak" which removes them from combat, so he'll certainly get the "sprint" speed mofifier.

2.) Ops/Scounds get a 50% speed boost following their combat cloak (if talented).

3.) You may have had predation from an annihilation/watchman or rage/focus marauder/sentinel, while he had it from a carnage/combat mara/sent (which is an extra 30% faster buff).

4.) Don't use force speed until predation has ended - they don't stack, and force speed's speed boost takes precedence for its duration - you'll get farther faster if you use force speed after predation has expired.

Well attackers spawn right above that area so if you were a defender and someone was hitting you it could be they were standing up top? So they could get the angle to you over the forcefield?

WE were the attackers, THEY were the defenders. In the example I provided earlier, they were all dead and had respawned on the other side of the force fields but were still able to shoot us at the controls and prevent us from dropping the shields, but we couldn't target them to CC or kill them to stop it, and it ended up costing us the match.

It was already explained that this is in fact an exploit of a known bug, and is therefore reportable as a TOS violation.

(Allison: Feel free to correct me if I'm off-base here.)

Edited by Mournblood

Ok, that's the confirmation I was looking for. What that means is that it is in fact exploiting and is therefore an actionable offense.

Not sure I've heard of anyone getting suspended by it (most likely only a warning, if anything), and I'm not even certain if it's there intentionally - as someone pointed out before, if you're attempting to attack through it, you can get charged/leaped to, which effectively lets an enemy player(s) bypass having to drop the barrier.

I've bug reported it, but I've never heard anything back other than confirmation that they've received the bug report (as is customary).

Hmm... don't you have to wait for at least one of your teammates to reach the spawn area (i.e. the location where you get the convo saying "you have breached the cargo bay...") before you can successfully respawn into that next room? Usually when I've respawned before a teammate has reached such areas (as an attacker), I end up respawning back in the previous room.

If you are the defender and have a ranged AE ability you can cast it across if you stand in the center and reach some people but the bridge cap device . It's a dangerous endeavor though since if you stand out there enemies can jump across to you.

Maybe if you stand on that balcony above, or better yet the railing of that balcony, you can also target over the force field. Have to test it as it would seem over 30 range away. Though maybe Disturbance with its 35 range could make it.

I mentioned AE ranged because they have 8 radius so 30 range and then 8 radius means you hit people 38 away. At least I think it's 8 radius.. maybe it's less.

As the attacker you can jump off your re-spawn point (the high ledge) while targeting a defender on the other side of the force field and leap to them if the angels are right, seeing the field only LOS up to a given point.

WE were the attackers, THEY were the defenders. In the example I provided earlier, they were all dead and had respawned on the other side of the force fields but were still able to shoot us at the controls and prevent us from dropping the shields, but we couldn't target them to CC or kill them to stop it, and it ended up costing us the match.

It was already explained that this is in fact an exploit of a known bug, and is therefore reportable as a TOS violation.

Oh my bad then. I've seen people speed hacking myself , not this specific exploit. I've always dreamed I could shoot through those forcefields though. :D

If it's an exploit of a KNOWN BUG then it's not HACKING or CHEATING it's EXPLOITING. Get it right. Cheating and hacks are things that require someone to gain an unfair advantage by manipulating computer code. Exploiting is one team being willing and able to take advantage of how biggie the game is while the other is not.

More importantly, hacking and cheating are thing we as players can have a reasonable exception that BW will prevent. Exploiting is not. Exploiting will always be there. When the current exploits are fixed, the players will find new ones. The only thing we can ask is that they take action against people using them, and given how rare I see them used I would say they are.

If you really want us to report give us an optimized mechanism. E.g. come up with some hotkeys we can use in WZ that will collect some information, then after the WZ is over we can finish the report.

Example: I think player X is cheating in some way. I target player X and hit the "cheater?" key. At this point, there is a wealth of things BW can do. At the very least, you can remember the toon name so when I fill out the report after WZ.

Not a bad idea.. But I still think devoting too many resources to this would be a waste of time as 99% of the time its people that just dont understand the game mechanics. I still remember when people could have SWORN that this jugg was cheating when in fact he was just friendly jumping to a stealthed operative in the inzone. Stupid OP but still not hacking..

Not a bad idea.. But I still think devoting too many resources to this would be a waste of time as 99% of the time its people that just dont understand the game mechanics. I still remember when people could have SWORN that this jugg was cheating when in fact he was just friendly jumping to a stealthed operative in the inzone. Stupid OP but still not hacking..

Agreed, AWESOME as an idea, but in practice it would be 20,000 reports a day of "this sage is SPEED HACKING, he was running REALLY FAST for almost 3 whole seconds" and maybe 1 of a real person using a real exploit. The reality is most of the known exploits have been around forever and the problem isn't that the Dev's don't know about them, it's that they are low priority fixes, or extremely complicated fixes (geographic glitches being among the hardest to fix in an MMO)

I must say I have been pleasently pleased with EAs reactions to my reports on hacking

I do wish it was fixed and I will not say the game improving with out those fixes, but as a MMORPG vetran of 21 years, Im satisfied with the ingame responce by EA.

I dont expect them to remove players I report instantly, I do expect them to investigate and find the truth of my report!

In time I hope they create a user base of reliable reporters and those that report because they lost (sadly they do exist).

But for anyone to say they havent seen these hacks, honestly those woiuld be key accounts Id start "watching" in game as the hacks are pretty obvious and you gotta be in complete denial (or have something to hide) if you claiming they not there.

Some things Ive seen in last 4 weeks

1) Watched a single assassin (with no heal support healing them) take out 3 reps (I was stuck ccd and waiting on it to wear out so got to watch entire meeting while targetting the assassin) players 1-3 with out taking a single point of damage (good player could win sure but no damage at all? come on) and then when 3rd player dropped I watched the assassin ZOOM across the lenth of board in under a second (just a line of blur) from the side of the rep pit to the end zone of the imp side.

That player was reported by me

2) Other night I watched a entire pre made team (of varying classes) be able to constantly travel to and from snow to grass and back to snow in under 5 secs. The entire pre made could be veiwed by a stealther sitting at snow, we hit grass and 5 seconds later 6 opponents showed up at grass. This went on over and over till finally we all just sat in middle as it didnt pass the smell test to any of us.

That one was not reported by me as I didnt have hard visual proff (for my own sake) but lets be hoinest, we all know what was happening there.

3) Other day I watched a single Shadow cc 5 of us in under 2 secs. Just ran to Snow and single targetted us 1 by one and ccd us. Having a shadow myself and a level 49 smuggler I have a good understanding of how CC from stealth works and know you can not single target cc 5 players (or mobs) in a matter of seconds.

And lets be clear, we were spread out so this was NOT a aoe cc (not sure if Shadows have a aoe cc at higher levels or not but ive never heard of it anyways). this was bang bang bang bang bang ... entire defenders ccd by 1 shadow as he waited for his fellow players to arrive as the stuns wore off.

This player was reported by me as I know for a fact thats not reasonable or honest.

4) (this is outside of PVP) Yesterday was on my 110% speed bke and passed a trooper van in combat with a turret and 2 droids.

I spotted a turret coming alive at far end of turret map as I drove past the trooper van and continued on straight for it!

Suddenly ON FOOT the trooper van runs past my speeder and engages the new turret a good 2 secs before my 110% speed bike arrives!

ON FOOT, from active combat.

That player was reported by me with a FULL description of happening.

All in all Ive done about 5-6 reports 1 pve and 4-5 pvp.

I need to be able to say I saw something thats just impossible by the standard rule set for me to report

But its very much for real in pvp and sadly seems to be appearing in pve as well.

There is a hacking problem in PVP and its spreading to PVE.

But again Ill say (and anyone thats read any of my posts knows I dont give EA breaks or credit undeserved)

Im satisfied with their responces to my reports.

In a months time if I see those players still cheating, well my opinion will change drastically on that statement as a month is long enough to investigate imo.

But for now Im satisfied in this department and can honestly say Ive not seen any of these players again (other then the guy from yesterday but I didnt expect him to be instant banned). That might just be lucky on my part or maybe action already been taken!

One thing id like to see change though!

I know EA says obviously they cant update you on responce to report and I find that perfectly acceptable!

But I would like to see a list of names banned for cheating as other games have done regarding these players.

Public shame is a powerful tool and I trust no one getting the ban or suspension with out EA first doing sue diligence on the issue.

Sorry for long post

I must say I have been pleasently pleased with EAs reactions to my reports on hacking

I do wish it was fixed and I will not say the game improving with out those fixes, but as a MMORPG vetran of 21 years, Im satisfied with the ingame responce by EA.

I dont expect them to remove players I report instantly, I do expect them to investigate and find the truth of my report!

In time I hope they create a user base of reliable reporters and those that report because they lost (sadly they do exist).

But for anyone to say they havent seen these hacks, honestly those woiuld be key accounts Id start "watching" in game as the hacks are pretty obvious and you gotta be in complete denial (or have something to hide) if you claiming they not there.

1) Watched a single assassin (with no heal support healing them) take out 3 reps (I was stuck ccd and waiting on it to wear out so got to watch entire meeting while targetting the assassin) players 1-3 with out taking a single point of damage (good player could win sure but no damage at all? come on) and then when 3rd player dropped I watched the assassin ZOOM across the lenth of board in under a second (just a line of blur) from the side of the rep pit to the end zone of the imp side.

2) Other night I watched a entire pre made team (of varying classes) be able to constantly travel to and from snow to grass and back to snow in under 5 secs. The entire pre made could be veiwed by a stealther sitting at snow, we hit grass and 5 seconds later 6 opponents showed up at grass. This went on over and over till finally we all just sat in middle as it didnt pass the smell test to any of us.

That one was not reported by me as I didnt have hard visual proff (for my own sake) but lets be hoinest, we all know what was happening there.

3) Other day I watched a single Shadow cc 5 of us in under 2 secs. Just ran to Snow and single targetted us 1 by one and ccd us. Having a shadow myself and a level 49 smuggler I have a good understanding of how CC from stealth works and know you can not single target cc 5 players (or mobs) in a matter of seconds.

And lets be clear, we were spread out so this was NOT a aoe cc (not sure if Shadows have a aoe cc at higher levels or not but ive never heard of it anyways). this was bang bang bang bang bang ... entire defenders ccd by 1 shadow as he waited for his fellow players to arrive as the stuns wore off.

This player was reported by me as I know for a fact thats not reasonable or honest.

4) (this is outside of PVP) Yesterday was on my 110% speed bke and passed a trooper van in combat with a turret and 2 droids.

I spotted a turret coming alive at far end of turret map as I drove past the trooper van and continued on straight for it!

Suddenly ON FOOT the trooper van runs past my speeder and engages the new turret a good 2 secs before my 110% speed bike arrives!

I need to be able to say I saw something thats just impossible by the standard rule set for me to report

But its very much for real in pvp and sadly seems to be appearing in pve as well.

But again Ill say (and anyone thats read any of my posts knows I dont give EA breaks or credit undeserved)

In a months time if I see those players still cheating, well my opinion will change drastically on that statement as a month is long enough to investigate imo.

But for now Im satisfied in this department and can honestly say Ive not seen any of these players again (other then the guy from yesterday but I didnt expect him to be instant banned). That might just be lucky on my part or maybe action already been taken!

I know EA says obviously they cant update you on responce to report and I find that perfectly acceptable!

But I would like to see a list of names banned for cheating as other games have done regarding these players.

Public shame is a powerful tool and I trust no one getting the ban or suspension with out EA first doing sue diligence on the issue.

Sorry for long post

I don't believe any of what you said in regards to these supposed hacks. :rolleyes:

Matter of fact, this is probably the most laughable post I've ever read on these boards lol.

Sorry for long post

Last night I was playing huttball and I saw a shadow kill 25 people one after another while warping around the map. He then used his 25 person kill streak to call in a nuke and that ended the match with my team losing.

I reported him

I don't believe any of what you said in regards to these supposed hacks. :rolleyes:

Matter of fact, this is probably the most laughable post I've ever read on these boards lol.

Man, you need to read this forum more if that's the most laughable. Try the Original Post of this thread, for starters.

Then again, your delivery is a little inconsistent, so if that was an odd sarcastic joke.. I don't see the humor.

Man, you need to read this forum more if that's the most laughable. Try the Original Post of this thread, for starters.

Then again, your delivery is a little inconsistent, so if that was an odd sarcastic joke.. I don't see the humor.

That post had nothing on the OP's lol.

I'll work on my delivery, work is getting in the way of my skillz atm.

:D

Last night I was playing huttball and I saw a shadow kill 25 people one after another while warping around the map. He then used his 25 person kill streak to call in a nuke and that ended the match with my team losing.

I reported him

He came out of the shadows behind me and after he hit me many many times in the head, with a hammer, I had to give him my gun, you know, I've got kids.

Botting will always exist in mmorpg until some one somewhere creates the first artificial intelligent program that can do what a human administrator can do. Thus, the programs can supervise all the servers 24/7, assuming the equipment and software is cost prohibitive to all except for corporation or the military. Until that that day, we can only report them. Edited by Knockerz

To all those who claim "There are no more hacks in the game". Please explain to me (tankasin half BM half WH all aug's)how I can try to peel another assassin off my healer, literally give him about 9-10 maul's and shock's, and do 60-80 per hit. Now before all you "pro gamers" tell me to learn to play, I was 100% not taunted ,he was not guarded, and as he was alone vs us 2, he had no outside heals. He didnt get the node but I found it very interesting that vs a class I duel alot (my GF also plays a sin) an she's full WH. I can hit her for AT LEAST 1k. Yet this fellow was untouchable.

I await the "wisdom" to follow.

Are you referring to the time it takes to report during a Warzone (presumably while in the spawn area)? If there is another issue causing your removal while reporting, please let us know.

We definitely want people reporting players they suspect are using any kind of cheat. Security is extremely important to us, and while we (obviously) can't go into details about our methods, shutting down any cheaters or hackers (and their methods) is something we take very seriously.

My assumption is that there simply isnt enough time AFTER a match (while the scoreboard is up and you can see the names of the players and all the special characters in it) in order to make a regular ticket. There is also not an easier/quicker way just for pvp matches (since they are on a timer).

I have seen players teleport under ground and into walls multiple times in a match to hold a ball so no one could score and they would win. Couldnt report them cuz I couldnt get all the special characters and ticket created fast enough, and after I was kicked from the WZ I didn't have them all written down to recreate it...

By that same token I have had people shout at me and call me a cheater in matches because as an operative I am constantly moving to stay out of my opponents visual attack range, so some people assume I am hacking because they cant attack me when it happens.

Sometimes what you assume is a hack isnt, but its always better to be safe than sorry and have a decent system in place so these claims can be investigated when they arise.

Just this morning in huttball a player cloaked with the ball and did not drop it.

The hackers/cheaters are ruining pvp.

Actually, this happened to me.

I was chasing the ball carrier, nearly had him down but was getting smashed myself by his friends. I popped a parting Vital Shot off for a dot and then Disappearing Act to go into stealth and get out of there.

I think what happened next was that my dot killed the ball carrier almost exactly - probably just after - I stealthed out and as I dropped off the walkway where all the AOE was. Because suddenly the ball came to me and I was still in stealth.

Which was a cool little bug for me, as I scarpered towards the enemy endzone with ball and in stealth.

Wasn't a hack by me, but a bug. Maybe you saw the same thing happen.

Edited by Wainamoinen

Also, explain to me, how a char can get up from 3% HP, to full, in 1 second, with just 1 healer around. Even with wz medpac, and crit heal for insane amount, he cannot go from 600 hp to 20 000 in 1 global.

It was a powertech that did this.

Actually, this happened to me.

I was chasing the ball carrier, nearly had him down but was getting smashed myself by his friends. I popped a parting Vital Shot off for a dot and then Disappearing Act to go into stealth and get out of there.

I think what happened next was that my dot killed the ball carrier almost exactly - probably just after - I stealthed out and as I dropped off the walkway where all the AOE was. Because suddenly the ball came to me and I was still in stealth.

Which was a cool little bug for me, as I scarpered towards the enemy endzone with ball and in stealth.

Wasn't a hack by me, but a bug. Maybe you saw the same thing happen.

i imagine this happens more times than actual malicious cheating and hacking does

I have most certainly seen a hack.

It was in Huttball, 10-49 bracket prior to 1.3.

A character picked up the ball way before anyone else and then ran with the ball three times around the defenders entire area in under 12 seconds...rubbing it in our face before scoring.

by entire area, I mean he ran to the right side full health point, down though the bottom pit to the left health point then back to mid THREE times in about 12 seconds then decided to score.

Yes Twelve seconds... he was a blur.

No Im not kidding this actually happened and of course basically everyone stopped playing and started putting in tickets or screaming about it in Ops chat.

Not only did this idiot have a hack he was stupid enough to use it so blatantly.

A day later it happened again this time with a Rep player on my team.

We challanged him about it amoungst a healthy dose of abuse, and he replied "cheating is encouraged in Huttball.."

What a fool.

Speed hacks most certainly exist, these where incredibly obvious.

Dmg hacks are another point but I dont have proof of this personally.

however in 50 bracket Novare coast yesterday, a guy on my team claimed to have been hit for 19.5 single hits twice by the same guy in one match.

The scoreboard at the end showed nothing, but appparently his personal dmg log showing who killed you and with what and for how much showed both hits...

A screen shot was taken and a ticket put in..

Like I said I have no direct proof, but the guy was adamant and checked his log 6 times because he could not believe what he was seeing.

That is just you being a noob.

Since he is the attacker, as soon as the previous doors dropped, he was killed. Since the doors are now down, he spawns AHEAD OF YOU in the final room, jumped down, and started planting. Some players even seek death as soon as they see their team has planted a bomb, and then just hold off on pressing the "Release" button until the door drops for a free teleport ahead of you.

Oops, I just gave away my secret strategy.

How odd - i've tried doing precisely what you're suggesting and i was respawned at the previous objective's respawn UNTIL players had moved past the location of the new respawn.

Just this morning in huttball a player cloaked with the ball and did not drop it.

The hackers/cheaters are ruining pvp.

I have actually had this happen to me. I used force camo just as a team mate was passing the ball to me, I was invisible for the duration of camo while still carrying the ball. I'd label this as bug.