Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Att BW - Harbinger - items vanishing from CXP boxes, GTN, Invents, Cartel martket.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Att BW - Harbinger - items vanishing from CXP boxes, GTN, Invents, Cartel martket.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dawg_bone
05.09.2017 , 08:39 PM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by RubyRiver View Post
Actually, FUBAR is a military term that means F***ed Up Beyond All Recognition
I looked it up in the German dictionary and there's no mention of it
Click here to help homeless Jedi find their way back to the temple.

RubyRiver
05.09.2017 , 08:43 PM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by dawg_bone View Post
I looked it up in the German dictionary and there's no mention of it
Hmm. You must've been in the NVA. In America we all knew what it meant.
You may think you're saying something profound in your signature...

trust me, you're the ONLY one that thinks that.

americanaussie
05.09.2017 , 08:47 PM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by insectoast View Post
Getting pretty sick of this crap. I get no reimbursement for these random "1984" style complete control shutdowns or whatever that keeps me from playing. I just resubbed recently around the time that these annoying shutdowns frequently occurred on a weekly basis which took most of the day (same w/ last Tuesday and whatever other possible days I was fortunate not to be here for). First, they charged me 3 times as much for 1 month subscription that I immediately unsubbed from the same day i first subbed in order to be charged only for one month, then the spoiled lazy brats who worked on this game had the balls to charge me 3x as much like the scammers they are. Now, they're trying to dishonestly stretch out the expansions rather than give a full game that you only charge once and now these RIDICULOUS random shutdowns as soon as I decided to give them another chance and resub thinking that nothing could go wrong this time after more than a year unsubbed and buying a timecard rather than using credit card. What a bunch of spoiled lazy arrogant brats who work on this game. Knowing their attitudes and the direction they're going in based on all these actions listed (and more not yet listed from me), they're going to get worse and not change for the better. Proof: They keep doing stupid crap like this and not so much as an apology which still isn't enough. Then you have all these customers with tails between their legs who can't do anything but whine or attack me for pointing out the OBVIOUS truth against the people who work on this game. You need to reimburse people, not keep making mistakes and blaming the customer and being quick to punish customers for YOUR mistakes (even if customers take advantage of those mistakes which you can't even prove was intentional).

If you ("the world's best customer service of world's best game") want to make a start in the right direction, reimburse a day for this ridiculous shutdown and for the previous Tuesday for all subs and for all the bugs you refuse to fully fix that you could EASILY FIX FFS (easy as in willfully lazy and dumb in your easy jobs w/ the same dishonest mindset you had by stretching out the game trying to force people to sub every month rather than selling a fully developed expansion or made continuous credit card subscribers feel like they're getting their money's worth, or at least don't keep forcing people to sub for your short lame chapters that have been relatively awful since 4.0 or whenever).
Woah. Calm down. For starters it was just harbinger. It affected no other servers. Harbinger has had troubles for awhile and everyone transferring to it probably doesn't help matters. Secondly, 1984 style? Software is WAY more sophisticated and complex now than in 1984 so are computers so that's going to cause more potential problems, not less. The more complex, the more that can go wrong.

As for your billing issues, it sounds like a glitch that you'll just need to call billing to fix. You'll have it done in under 5 mins usually. Maybe something went wonky with your connection/website that caused that to go through 3x.
Thank you to everyone who has used my referral link over the years and to all of the wonderful people I've met on here.

RubyRiver
05.09.2017 , 08:53 PM | #174
Woot! It's back up
You may think you're saying something profound in your signature...

trust me, you're the ONLY one that thinks that.

BetaEzE
05.09.2017 , 09:53 PM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by RubyRiver View Post
Hmm. You must've been in the NVA. In America we all knew what it meant.
Well, as a native German speaker my theory is it originates in the word "furchtbar" which translates into "terrible/horrible".

nightmasterhorta
05.09.2017 , 10:01 PM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Harbinger is once again available!

As I stated in a prior post, it is likely that most of you are not affected by the issues we experienced. Here is the primary scenario where you could be missing an item: If you had an item disappear from your inventory, character sheet, etc. and you then placed an item over top of it. Ex: You equipped a weapon, it disappeared, and you then put another weapon in that slot. In that situation it is possible you are missing one, or both of those items.

We are going to be pulling data on what items are missing from what characters in an effort to get those items back to you. This will not happen tonight, but I will post a status update on this tomorrow. You will not need to submit a CS ticket to resolve the issue.

Thank you all for your patience as we worked through this tonight, now get in there and play!

-eric
All I'm going to say is this: Thank you for your hard work. Regardless of other people's attitudes, I for one appreciate the effort put in to allow us to play this game. Thank you for all your hard work.

cetoxy
05.10.2017 , 12:21 AM | #177
Quote: Originally Posted by Khryn View Post
I heard Bioware is hiring. Maybe if you could leave your katana and fedora behind and teleport down there and just fix that code right up? I'm sure that these guys and gals that work with that code daily would gladly step aside and let you point out the many "obvious" mistakes that they just can't bring themselves to fix.

lol.
Ah yes, the customer is responsible for making the product work.
In what funny kinda field do you work to get such an idea?

AscendingSky
05.10.2017 , 12:43 AM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by cetoxy View Post
That's not what they were saying in that post. You might want to read it over again.
#SWTORMaintenanceMode2018
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

dr_mike
05.10.2017 , 06:46 AM | #179
edit: Nevermind. Take too long to explain.
Who knows what lurks in the minds of those crazy Sith....
1% gets donated to unemployed Jawas living on Hoth

Andryah
05.10.2017 , 09:49 AM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by cetoxy View Post
Heh......... That "whooshing" sound that went past your ear.... that was the context and point of the comment you quoted going right past you. If you hurry... you might still be able to catch it.
A Good Read ---> Truth Decay - An Initial Exploration of the Diminishing Role of Facts and Analysis in American Public Life. Source: Rand Corporation https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_reports/RR2314.html