Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Att BW - Harbinger - items vanishing from CXP boxes, GTN, Invents, Cartel martket.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Att BW - Harbinger - items vanishing from CXP boxes, GTN, Invents, Cartel martket.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

bubbalooau
05.09.2017 , 08:17 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by christian_bmx View Post
Swtor is the only game I'm playing so I have no idea what happens to other games.

All the updates and maintenance of servers come with at least one bug. Which adds to the old bugs that the staff never fix.

Is this normal in others games? Or just on swtor?
its been the case in every mmo ive ever played.
i sure wish i could set this forum to use my proper time zone....

godsuxx
05.09.2017 , 08:17 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Col_Peterson View Post
can the ebon hawk go down next time... or POT5 or litterally any other server...
They're doing this on purpose so they can flood the other dead servers with some ppl during the downtime.

DukeofWelllngton
05.09.2017 , 08:17 PM | #143
Will the double XP boost be compensated in any way? Maybe a minor XP boost or something? I hate sounding greedy but double xp is op.

RubyRiver
05.09.2017 , 08:19 PM | #144
Poor Eric Musco. I gotta give the guy props for all the crap he gets from everyone. It's not like he personally causes problems, nor is he the single schlub that's supposed to fix everything.

CHEERS to you, my man: Eric Musco

This game is awesome

rhonjura
05.09.2017 , 08:19 PM | #145
Swtor is the only game I'm playing so I have no idea what happens to other games.

All the updates and maintenance of servers come with at least one bug. Which adds to the old bugs that the staff never fix.

This comes from EA/Bioware buying and using a very very half baked code base/game engine. That is the reason why there are so many bugs, issues, straight broken game mechanics that have never been fixed since launch. Honestly they would have to rewrite or write thousands and thousands of new or old code to fix everything that is broken, which they will not do. Now compound everything that has been broken since launch that has never been fixed and add a healthy dose of everything they have put into the game that is broken and over time you get problems like we have now. It will only get worse unless they actually fix the problem.

In regards of does this happen to other major MMO's? Short answer is no simply for the fact that A. They either fix what is broken or remove it and B. Most other major MMO's are not working off a half baked code/game engine. Also a good majority of other major MMO's are using a code base/game engine they made themselves so they are able to easily fix what is broken. That is not the case here.

Everyone should look up the story of how EA/Bioware got ahold of this game engine. It's quite shocking at how unfinished it is and what they did to get it.

asymal
05.09.2017 , 08:19 PM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by RubyRiver View Post
Not what I meant. What he said was true. It was his attitude...
LOL - Attitude... So let's start from beginning when they did a completely different process to update this server than the rest. Bad process. Then the back out plan, which is determined by developers, not working properly. Bad Process.

The fact that a system is down, regardless of customer facing or revenue generating = FUBAR.

To be nice, at least this is only a game. Do it to multi-billion dollar working systems (daily)... FUBAR means build resume as you are walking out the door

UpInSith
05.09.2017 , 08:20 PM | #147

Sadly all online games always. Code is a pain and it takes a lot ot snake through miles of code to fix it....look at WoW same thing...ESO.....Guild Wars....

xhotchkissx
05.09.2017 , 08:21 PM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by xhotchkissx View Post
gcc-7 was released as stable a few days ago. I'm recompiling my Gentoo system.
I finished

hopefully it'll be available tomorrow night. Good luck!

RubyRiver
05.09.2017 , 08:23 PM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by asymal View Post
LOL - Attitude... So let's start from beginning when they did a completely different process to update this server than the rest. Bad process. Then the back out plan, which is determined by developers, not working properly. Bad Process.

The fact that a system is down, regardless of customer facing or revenue generating = FUBAR.

To be nice, at least this is only a game. Do it to multi-billion dollar working systems (daily)... FUBAR means build resume as you are walking out the door
Actually, FUBAR is a military term that means F***ed Up Beyond All Recognition

NarikoSama
05.09.2017 , 08:24 PM | #150

No it's not just exclusively them XD There are other games that I play where it seems like bugs never get fixed.