Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Att BW - Harbinger - items vanishing from CXP boxes, GTN, Invents, Cartel martket.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Att BW - Harbinger - items vanishing from CXP boxes, GTN, Invents, Cartel martket.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

chicagogam
05.09.2017 , 08:24 PM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by christian_bmx View Post
Swtor is the only game I'm playing so I have no idea what happens to other games.

All the updates and maintenance of servers come with at least one bug. Which adds to the old bugs that the staff never fix.

Is this normal in others games? Or just on swtor?
until i resubbed on swtor i thought the same thing about STO. they could turn on an event they've done for years and break something completely random..or turn it on and it'll have a bug that they had fixed in the previous year...it all seemed like a black box with a house of cards inside it. maybe that's the constant across the multiverse. i wonder if there are mmo's that get praise from the industry for good uptime/patch results stats...

DarthRelyk
05.09.2017 , 08:24 PM | #152
jesus this servers still not up? I'm east coast and play west coast, that was my error when I created all my toons on harbinger and leveled majority of them up lol. but its only 10 pm here so it sucks I cant play thru the night. I'm sorry for all you who couldn't play during your daytime...err, entire day, right?

rhonjura
05.09.2017 , 08:25 PM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRelyk View Post
jesus this servers still not up? I'm east coast and play west coast, that was my error when I created all my toons on harbinger and leveled majority of them up lol. but its only 10 pm here so it sucks I cant play thru the night. I'm sorry for all you who couldn't play during your daytime...err, entire day, right?
Yeah it has been down a majority of the day and now night.

RubyRiver
05.09.2017 , 08:26 PM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRelyk View Post
Hedge your servers xD

killacure
05.09.2017 , 08:27 PM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by chicagogam View Post
until i resubbed on swtor i thought the same thing about STO. they could turn on an event they've done for years and break something completely random..or turn it on and it'll have a bug that they had fixed in the previous year...it all seemed like a black box with a house of cards inside it. maybe that's the constant across the multiverse. i wonder if there are mmo's that get praise from the industry for good uptime/patch results stats...
World of Warcraft does weekly patch updates and have been for years. It keeps the system constantly running smoothly and lets them address arising issues as they pop up. I've rarely had problems with random server shutdowns in WoW, i assume if there are, they are the 'black sheep' errors.

bunnymac
05.09.2017 , 08:28 PM | #156
There are other MMOs that have issues. For example:

ESO had a lot of server issues after they brought in housing (heard someone mention people building over water).

And, then there is Archeage. Their newest store bought pet can give you a suspicious activity and boot you from the game for multiple hours if you have have pet out and traveling with you when you are in a vehicle. That is just their latest problem.

EricMusco
05.09.2017 , 08:29 PM | #157 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

We are up and testing and things are looking good. *Fingers crossed* but we are looking good to come up pretty soon™.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

UpInSith
05.09.2017 , 08:29 PM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by killacure View Post
World of Warcraft does weekly patch updates and have been for years. It keeps the system constantly running smoothly and lets them address arising issues as they pop up. I've rarely had problems with random server shutdowns in WoW, i assume if there are, they are the black sheep errors.
Correct, but also lot less in wow, and same stuff for near a decade lol for the base game. To be fair to they have a HUGE development team and stuff, most other games do not. I always had issues in wow I was on Illidan, and the Chicago hub always went out....multiple times for a day+.

rhonjura
05.09.2017 , 08:32 PM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

We are up and testing and things are looking good. *Fingers crossed* but we are looking good to come up pretty soon™.

-eric
Good to hear, now for compensation for a day lost of playing, I will gladly take 25 random cartel boxes. Thanks a bunch!

killacure
05.09.2017 , 08:32 PM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by UpInSith View Post
Correct, but also lot less in wow, and same stuff for near a decade lol for the base game. To be fair to they have a HUGE development team and stuff, most other games do not. I always had issues in wow I was on Illidan, and the Chicago hub always went out....multiple times for a day+.
Blizzard hasnt revamped vanilla areas in that game for YEEEEAAARS, and they arent planning on it. Re-visiting those areas is cringe-worthy with the old development and issues in the environments. Kinda sad but they keep adding a lot, so no complaints from me. :P