Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What Should I Play Next?

BellumEstBellum
02.11.2019 , 10:37 PM | #1
- Jedi Warrior

- Counselor

- Smuggler

- Bounty Hunter

- Sith Sorcerer

- Trooper

Darkemace
02.11.2019 , 11:47 PM | #2
I vote Trooper, grunts need love too.

SteveTheCynic
02.12.2019 , 01:44 AM | #3
Hmm. Six choices. Roll a d6?

There's no way you'll get better advice than that based on what you've told us.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

BellumEstBellum
02.12.2019 , 02:07 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Hmm. Six choices. Roll a d6?

There's no way you'll get better advice than that based on what you've told us.
It's an open ended question, meaning people can give any reason (their opinion, by the way, something that a di can't give) as to why they would pick one of those roles. Good luck with the whole--being a pedantic ********.

Lukas_H
02.12.2019 , 02:19 AM | #5
Jedi Knight and Consular have boring storylines and companions (except Kira). Also consulars have annoying voice acting (especially male). Combat sentinel and Infiltration shadow would be my choice for dps (gameplay fun wise). I dont like the "reinforced hobo" look of jedi knights. But you can work something out. Mine is this one.

Smugglers have a great storyline (third chapter is imperial agent quality). They have good companions (except Zaalb... Bowdaar). They lack better armor selection though. Visually they get boring pretty quickly. Also I prefer combat animations of their IA counterparts (there engineering sniper is my favourite agent dps).

Troopers have good storyline and companions (except Yuun). You get first three companions quickly. You will like troopers only if you enjoy all that dumb military "starship trooper" style. They have a good plot around one sgt. Jaxo. Nice is also their progress though ranks (even though to make it from sergeant to colonel is strange). They have a great selection of nice armors and great voice acting (Jennifer Hale for the female trooper). My dps choice would be plasmatech. Mine looks like this and that.

Inquisitors have a really great storyline and not that great companions. I dont like their voice acting (both male and female) very much. I would choose Deception assassin as a dps.

Bounty hunters have da best party (except Skadge). But their storyline is booring. They have a good selection of nice armors. Arsenal mercenary would be my dps choice. He even has much more dynamic and fun combat animations than his trooper counterpart.

Some other characters of mine for an inspiration btw:
https://m.imgur.com/a/6ra6p

TUXs
02.12.2019 , 10:04 AM | #6
Trooper or BH
All warfare is based on deception ē If his forces are united, separate them ē If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near ē A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer ē 7-day FREE sub ē FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

MorseGod
02.12.2019 , 10:19 AM | #7
Play a smuggler and enjoy some of the funniest lines in the game.
Guildmaster, Help (Star Forge)
Join us on Discord!
Was this post helpful? Please click my referral link.

Sonicphoto
02.12.2019 , 10:28 AM | #8
Depends what your looking for:

If you want some fun good funny time then the smuggler one is a blast

If you want to feel the edge, sith warrior

A mix of both, BH

I personally find trooper so far boring. Im on chapter 3 of it now. Chapter 2 was the most boring chapter I ever played of all classes, except the last part that semi makes up for it.

Joluka
02.12.2019 , 10:35 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by BellumEstBellum View Post
- Jedi Warrior

- Counselor

- Smuggler

- Bounty Hunter

- Sith Sorcerer

- Trooper
If you go Jedi Knight, I recommend your character be played more like an Anakin than an Obi-Wan. Leave the preachy stuff to the Consular, they have the voice for it.

The Smuggler is amazing. Hands down the best companions by far, really great romances, hilarious one-liners, and a kickass story with lots of humor and being Han Solo. Both male and female actors do a fantastic job.

The bounty hunter story is also really good, it has a lot of emotional moments, surprisingly, that tie in thematically with having honor. The fun part about this is that having honor doesnít necessarily mean Light Side choices all the time. Sometimes it means keeping your own code of honor, or the Mandalorianís code of honoróI really enjoyed that aspect of it, though you can also be a money grubbing maniac, too.

The Inquisitor is the best class in the game if you want to be any sort of maniac, however. Pick female and donít ever stop picking the crazy options, you will have a blast. If youíre going Light Side, though, go for the male and donít act so insane, else the Ashara romance wonít make a lot of sense. Unfortunately for the females, Andronikos sucks, BUT we get to romance Khem freaking Val on Ossus, and that fits so, so well with my insane Sorcerer. He may be a morose monster, but he is *her* morose monster.

The Trooper is great, too, but definitely my least favorite story overall. It has its moments, and the military fantasy is surprisingly realistic, according to things Iíve read. The Elara and Jorgan romances, apart from being really good, continue as part of the natural story when you start going into KOTFE/TET. I think the Trooper story is the most grounded story in this game, and thatís the reason why itís not high on my listóI love lightsabers (Jedi/Sith) and weird things (Imperial Agent/Sith/Jedi). The class story isnít bad by any means, and Iíve enjoyed every class story in this game quite a bit.
The Conrad Legacy

"I wasn't planning to live forever anyway. I'm in."

xordevoreaux
02.12.2019 , 01:15 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by BellumEstBellum View Post

What Should I Play Next?

- Jedi Warrior
- Counselor
- Smuggler
- Bounty Hunter
- Sith Sorcerer
- Trooper
Given the dumpster fire that is 5.10.1, may I suggest Skyrim.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).