Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Weekly cap on Relics of Ossus is way too low

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Weekly cap on Relics of Ossus is way too low

Screaming_Ziva
12.15.2018 , 11:19 AM | #1
The weekly cap on these is way too low. I hit 250 on Thursday. Why is this cap so low?
THIS is the Referral Link you are looking for.
Click for 7 days Free Access, 1 Free Server Transfer, and a Free Jumpstart or Preferred Bundle.

Screaming Ziva's Stronghold Tour

Lunafox
12.15.2018 , 02:44 PM | #2
I agree, it would be nice and less of a nuisance if it was higher.
Lunafox's Stories🌙🦊Lunafox's Decorating
Koona t'chuta, Solo?
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
omg Darth Lunafox in the house

Elessara
12.15.2018 , 03:34 PM | #3
The overall cap is way too low as well. I tend to hate currency caps like this anyway.

darthscotty
12.15.2018 , 04:18 PM | #4
I have hit the weekly currency cap on 4 toons and will be more by the end of the weekend. Bump it up a little please.
Quote: Originally Posted by Babby View Post
We don't tolerate facts around here.

Estelindis
12.15.2018 , 08:12 PM | #5
Agreed, it's far too low.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

Toraak
12.15.2018 , 10:48 PM | #6
The entire point of having a cap is to slow down progress. Even if you do the story/dailies on more characters even after you hit the weekly cap, it'll just set you up for next week (or the week after). Nothing wrong with it as it is. I know I'll have enough for the next 2 weeks, possibly a 3rd week.

Besides, it'll take us a couple of weeks to get enough Masterwork Shards to even have the reputation mean anything regardless.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

Elessara
12.16.2018 , 05:41 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
The entire point of having a cap is to slow down progress. Even if you do the story/dailies on more characters even after you hit the weekly cap, it'll just set you up for next week (or the week after). Nothing wrong with it as it is. I know I'll have enough for the next 2 weeks, possibly a 3rd week.

Besides, it'll take us a couple of weeks to get enough Masterwork Shards to even have the reputation mean anything regardless.
We're not talking about the reputation. We're talking about the currency. Once we've hit the currency cap anything gained after that is completely wasted. Given the number of dailies on Ossus you hit the weekly currency cap pretty quickly (like 2-3 days) and then you're stuck twiddling your thumbs on that character - unless you want to just waste the relics and constantly have the game tell you you're at your cap.

Then it only takes about 8-12 days or so to hit the overall cap and unless you're running multiple characters through then your reputation is too low to even buy anything really worthwhile. I know at the moment I only have one character who has done Ossus and it'll stay that way until they fix the companion issues - and who knows how long *that* will be?

The weekly and overall currency caps really are too low if it takes only 2-3 days to hit the weekly cap and only 8-12 or so days to hit the overall cap. Personally currency caps are annoying as hell to me anyway.

Edit: I underestimated the time it would take the overall cap, so fixed that.

AlrikFassbauer
12.16.2018 , 05:51 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
The weekly cap on these is way too low. I hit 250 on Thursday. Why is this cap so low?
To hinder greed-driven people of completing everying within 2 days ?

The cathedral of Cologne was built within generations. A concept not understandable for people of these days.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

Elessara
12.16.2018 , 06:14 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
To hinder greed-driven people of completing everying within 2 days ?

The cathedral of Cologne was built within generations. A concept not understandable for people of these days.

Because a massive building IRL is so much like a currency cap in a video game.

It will still take weeks to get to the reputation that would even allow people to buy anything remotely worthwhile - and guess what, we're not complaining about that.

Personally, I'm fine with the reputation caps and I don't mind being gated that way. What I do mind is how low they set the relic caps. This isn't a legacy-wide currency so you can only get a set amount in a day per character anyway so there's already a cap in what people can get weekly. We didn't really need another.

Falensawino
12.16.2018 , 10:33 AM | #10
Is this cap legacy wide?

Why not just accumulate them on another toon as Elessara's post suggests

Quote: Originally Posted by Elessara View Post
We're not talking about the reputation. We're talking about the currency. Once we've hit the currency cap anything gained after that is completely wasted. Given the number of dailies on Ossus you hit the weekly currency cap pretty quickly (like 2-3 days) and then you're stuck twiddling your thumbs on that character - unless you want to just waste the relics and constantly have the game tell you you're at your cap.
The most wretched hive of troll and villainy

Refer a Friend Link
if you continue to fight, what will you become?