Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The portrayal of the Sith: Wasted potential

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The portrayal of the Sith: Wasted potential

LordKroenen
03.20.2019 , 07:45 AM | #31
Id consider checking out Darth Plagueis by James Luceno, one of my favorite books that offers a more methodical take on Sith.

I also dislike how one dimensional a lot of the Imperial and Sith characters are and personally would like to see more logical Sith with legitimate goals.

Ainiv
04.11.2019 , 04:47 PM | #32
Conformity is poison to the true Sith. And I don't speak of trueness in the traditional, inherited sense but more-so how successful you are.
Kallig and Wrath are successful because they do not conform, least of all Kallig. They have plethora of choices to make and many of them can be rather non-traditional, less "sith-y" decisions.
So in my opinion for a Sith to become successful and be less stereotypical is to avoid his or her peers like the plague. Just do the tasks your master requires and otherwise try get as much fresh air from the Sith bubble as possible. It seems that the insanity and clichéness of the Sith just intensifies when they are grouped together tightly.
What Rule of 2 did well also was implicitly realize and then put into action my point. There was only the Master and the Apprentice. The dark side at the time was in dire straits and that was a great tactic for survival, which ultimately culminated in the genius of Plagueis and Sidious and in the glory of Vader.
For the Sith Empire to become more sane, it needs to have a Sith purge. In my ideal scenario the one pulling the Empire's strings is Jadus, his "herald" is Acina and his trinity will either be completed with Vowrawn or the Sith player.

My Refer a Friend code is: http://www.swtor.com/r/2R3jQq

Kadajko
04.12.2019 , 12:47 PM | #33
The reason I think Sith are very one-dimensional is because the writers of the story cannot relate to them, they don't know and cannot imagine what some people would do and how they would behave if they had the power to be free to exercise their will over others and themselves in an environment like the Sith Empire. The Sith code is literally just about being free to do whatever you want so long as you are strong enough, it doesn't say anything else.